Choose Brexit outcome?

Was wondering if there's a reliable way right now to guarentee a certain Brexit outcome, e.g. by saving and reloading? I want to do a Scottish save and make it harder to overcome the Old Firm by having one of the harder outcomes where players need to be paid £8k per week to get a work permit, but I'm not sure about the best method to set this up on the lastest version.

I only know one, but it's a bit long. Create the game you want, save (and remove autosaves!), add a manager who is unemployed. Then holiday a few years and see what Brexit happens. If it's one you want, great, just reload the save and play as normal. If it's not the one you want. Start the procedure over from the start. Brexit is decided at game creation, so if you know what Brexit happens down the road it will happen again when you load the save from the start.

It's not quick, but it's reliable.

I had totally forgot about it until it zapped me with a hard Brexit during the Boxing Day/NYs cluster of matches.

The inelegant fix, I had to go back to a previous save point (have auto-save off) and go through the run up to the decision day again.

IIRC I needed to go back a fortnight - and replay/relose a handful of games - to get different decisions (of course that just could have been me). I think I needed to do it 3 times to get the no-Brexit I wanted. I'm playing FM to have a break from reality, if they have a Covid19 patch, I'm out ;-)

Edited by CaptCanuck

On 17/05/2020 at 22:09, Russiandude said:

There's a way using the pre-game editor but it's a little complicated (I posted it here). Easiest is just to move the decision date way forward so you save time but this makes brexit happen early.

This worked perfectly - thank you very much!

22 minutes ago, Russiandude said:

Might be worthwhile to look at this thread too just in case. Or you might get stuck with 23 clubs in EFL1 forever like me :lol:.

That's weird - I've checked in the Editor and the mode is already showing Flexible Format Rules, but the game is indeed relegating 4 teams from it in the first season! I'll try changing it back and forth in case, but if not I'm not too bothered since I'm planning to manage in Scotland anyway :)

1 hour ago, Spurs08 said:

That's weird - I've checked in the Editor and the mode is already showing Flexible Format Rules, but the game is indeed relegating 4 teams from it in the first season! I'll try changing it back and forth in case, but if not I'm not too bothered since I'm planning to manage in Scotland anyway :)

Yeah there are 2 of them. The one you want to change is at the very bottom of the list.

It shouldn't be causing too much problem though. I'm playing in England and haven't seen any major impact after 5 seasons.

20 minutes ago, Russiandude said:

Yeah there are 2 of them. The one you want to change is at the very bottom of the list.

It shouldn't be causing too much problem though. I'm playing in England and haven't seen any major impact after 5 seasons.

That's sorted it - thank you so much again!