Jump to content

Unofficial French League Superthread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

That's some good business there @Ronaldo Beckham - best of luck with your career.

Great to see this thread already so busy and that people are picking clubs from the lower leagues as well. We should have some nice long saves in here :) 

Cheers mate, most of them are for the future so they wont have an immediate impact but it will be good to see how they develop.

Yeah it is good to see this thread get busy. Luckily we have people like you, Jogo etc contributing or helping others and that helps.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Is anyone else going to try take as many African teams to the World cup in the French League saves. I am hoping to try get at least 1 African side to the 2nd round of the World Cup with my save with Metz.

Definitely this is an aim! 

EDIT - rather than as many probably just manage one and try to make them as good as possible, have a few common players between club & country etc.

Edited by karanhsingh
Link to post
Share on other sites

National Manager Update

So I booted up FM to play my Metz save and I just had a look to see what jobs were available and the Rwanda and EQ.Guinea jobs were available so I applied for both and got offered them both.

I accepted the EQ Guinea job.

image.thumb.png.f9505f8ade9c30578217c91f07a37d44.png

@smp20 Do you know of any good players I can call up the national side ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

National Manager Update

So I booted up FM to play my Metz save and I just had a look to see what jobs were available and the Rwanda and EQ.Guinea jobs were available so I applied for both and got offered them both.

I accepted the EQ Guinea job.

image.thumb.png.f9505f8ade9c30578217c91f07a37d44.png

@smp20 Do you know of any good players I can call up the national side ?

That's a different country to Guinea, and way way worse at football! They speak Spanish in Equatorial Guinea by the way, which I am pretty sure is the only place on the continent that does. Lord knows how you landed the job :lol:

Also note that (The) Congo & DR Congo are also different countries.

Habib Diallo: I'm glad to see he is playing like he does in reality. Keep at all costs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

That's a different country to Guinea, and way way worse at football! They speak Spanish in Equatorial Guinea by the way, which I am pretty sure is the only place on the continent that does. Lord knows how you landed the job :lol:

Also note that (The) Congo & DR Congo are also different countries.

Habib Diallo: I'm glad to see he is playing like he does in reality. Keep at all costs.

Oh sorry I knew about Congo but not about Guinea. So in theory could I search for Spanish players with EQ.Guinea as 2nd nationality ?

Sorry if I caused any offense @smp20

This is my African Cup Of Nations Qualifying groups

image.thumb.png.2f70d884e450dc00e49455f6372fb9b4.png

Yeah I managed to get Diallo to sign a new contract. He is now valued at £7.25m. I wonder how high his value will go up. I also wonder how long I will have him for as I can see the big clubs coming for him.

His potential rating has gone up as well to 4.5 potential and current ability of 4.5.

image.thumb.png.1f63eb0faf343246d7e3bcc44776c823.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries, just thought you should know. There is also Guinea-Bissau by the way, Africa is very confusing and not helped by fairly frequent name changes.

You might struggle to find many people with Equatorial Guinea nationality in the database, and any you do find will be really quite poor probably. There used to be a guy who played in England, maybe at Forest but not certain. He was a DR/WBR/MR, but I can't remember his name and he is probably well over 30 by now. He wasn't very good either FWIW.

Hope you can keep hold of Diallo for some time. Goal scoring is a habib, as they might say...

Edited by Jogo Bonito
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

No worries, just thought you should know. There is also Guinea-Bissau by the way, Africa is very confusing and not helped by fairly frequent name changes.

You might struggle to find many people with Equatorial Guinea nationality in the database, and any you do find will be really quite poor probably. There used to be a guy who played in England ,, maybe at Forest but not certain. He was a DR/WBR/MR, but I can't remember his name and he is probably well over 30 by now. He wasn't very good either FWIW.

Hope you can keep hold of Diallo for some time. Goal scoring is a habib, as they might say...

Yeah I might just play as EQ.Guinea until another African nation comes available. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good stuff, especially from Diallo, and a nice league position for Metz.

Emilio Nsue was that guy I was thinking about for Equatorial Guinea, and it was Middlesbrough not Forest he played for. Surprised to see he is only 29 so probably as good as anyone you will find in your national side. A player I like much more is Basilio who can play anywhere down the left. I saw him on TV a few years ago playing for Shkupi and was very impressed at the time. It looks like he hasn't really gone on to much more yet, but just saw he did earn a move to Westerlo in Belgium .

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Good stuff, especially from Diallo, and a nice league position for Metz.

Emilio Nsue was that guy I was thinking about for Equatorial Guinea, and it was Middlesbrough not Forest he played for. Surprised to see he is only 29 so probably as good as anyone you will find in your national side. A player I like much more is Basilio who can play anywhere down the left. I saw him on TV a few years ago playing for Shkupi and was very impressed at the time. It looks like he hasn't really gone on to much more yet, but just saw he did earn a move to Westerlo in Belgium .

I have heard of Nsue and I think he might already be in the squad, but if he isn't I will call him up and also look at Basillo. Cheers @Jogo Bonito

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

I started a new game with Maisons-Alfort, a non-professional club in Regional 3 (tier 8!).

As you can expect, we started basically from scratch with no staff, no good players, poor infrastructures (except a pretty decent stadium, 3K seats) and no money.

My first year, I recruited all the staff and pretty good players for free, we easily won the championship and even reached the 1/32 final of the French Cup (lost again a L1, Amiens).

I'm starting now my second season. The price of success is that almost all my best players left for free for better clubs (due to non-pro status).

My goals for this year are the promotion again and if possible improve the infrastructures (especially the youth academy).

image.thumb.png.970ebc1a6eb37eada854c46bfd3c1912.png

image.thumb.png.b656f48c4c1cc6adde376ca6063485de.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, djiwai91 said:

Hello, I started a new game with Maisons-Alfort, a non-professional club in Regional 3 (tier 8!).

An interesting club choice - I guess you have a personal reason for it? Good luck for a second promotion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I played the first month of the season on my Auxerre save but i'm struggling to get into it despite not having too bad a start. I'm going to park the save for a bit and may go back to it at some point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

An interesting club choice - I guess you have a personal reason for it? Good luck for a second promotion.

Indeed, my final goal is to compete with PSG as a 2nd great Parisian club and it's my birth place^^ I wasn't able to find my home town (too small) so I chose this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RageMaster said:

I played the first month of the season on my Auxerre save but i'm struggling to get into it despite not having too bad a start. I'm going to park the save for a bit and may go back to it at some point. 

Sometimes it just goes like that.

Just now, djiwai91 said:

Indeed, my final goal is to compete with PSG as a 2nd great Parisian club and it's my birth place^^ I wasn't able to find my home town (too small) so I chose this one.

Excellent, I thought there would be a reason for it :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, djiwai91 said:

Hello,

I started a new game with Maisons-Alfort, a non-professional club in Regional 3 (tier 8!).

As you can expect, we started basically from scratch with no staff, no good players, poor infrastructures (except a pretty decent stadium, 3K seats) and no money.

My first year, I recruited all the staff and pretty good players for free, we easily won the championship and even reached the 1/32 final of the French Cup (lost again a L1, Amiens).

I'm starting now my second season. The price of success is that almost all my best players left for free for better clubs (due to non-pro status).

My goals for this year are the promotion again and if possible improve the infrastructures (especially the youth academy).

image.thumb.png.970ebc1a6eb37eada854c46bfd3c1912.png

image.thumb.png.b656f48c4c1cc6adde376ca6063485de.png

Welcome to the thread, well done getting promoted, I hope you enjoy the challenge or rebuilding your squad after losing your best players.

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, RageMaster said:

I played the first month of the season on my Auxerre save but i'm struggling to get into it despite not having too bad a start. I'm going to park the save for a bit and may go back to it at some point. 

Do you have a set plan of what you want to do with Auxerre. I am enjoying my save cos I am focused on bringing young players through and creating new African superstars.

Just come back to it when you are ready, I know what it is like to lose interest in a save.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Welcome to the thread, well done getting promoted, I hope you enjoy the challenge or rebuilding your squad after losing your best players.

It's pretty challenging to replace them. E.g. I lost 3 midfielders & I'm struggling to find at least a decent one! An other frustration are the proposed players by my staff, it's only GB or ST when I'm missing other positions. But well, let's deal with that and adapt the strategy to my strengths!

Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, djiwai91 said:

It's pretty challenging to replace them. E.g. I lost 3 midfielders & I'm struggling to find at least a decent one! An other frustration are the proposed players by my staff, it's only GB or ST when I'm missing other positions. But well, let's deal with that and adapt the strategy to my strengths!

Yeah I find a challenging save on FM is usually the most entertaining. I find saves where you win everything boring.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see many others in France. I'm still on my first save with Stade Rennais and still trying to topple PSG who have a habit of hitting 100+ points each season. Considering they're spending €400M a season on players it's not surprising. I write about it here for anyone interested: https://theresonlyoneball.com/2019/12/03/fm20-stade-rennais-les-rouge-et-noir/ 

What leagues do people have loaded up for good newgens?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m gonna start an Auxerre save at some point and get them into Ligue 1. Amiens are another team I like the look of.

However, I’m about to start as Montpellier. I’m going to play a front two of Delort and Laborde and may attempt to bring back Belhanda!

Anyone had Fulgini? He may be a signing I will look to make

Edited by luke4387
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, luke4387 said:

I’m gonna start an Auxerre save at some point and get them into Ligue 1. Amiens are another team I like the look of.

However, I’m about to start as Montpellier. I’m going to play a front two of Delort and Laborde and may attempt to bring back Belhanda!

Anyone had Fulgini? He may be a signing I will look to make

I've never managed Fulgini, but he should be decent if the fee is modest. Will you consider re-signing Ninga too? I loved watching him at Montpellier when he burst on to the scene.

More importantly, will you be using Hilton? He must surely be in the vulnerable people category :kriss:

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fmFutbolManager said:

Good to see many others in France. I'm still on my first save with Stade Rennais and still trying to topple PSG who have a habit of hitting 100+ points each season. Considering they're spending €400M a season on players it's not surprising. I write about it here for anyone interested: https://theresonlyoneball.com/2019/12/03/fm20-stade-rennais-les-rouge-et-noir/ 

What leagues do people have loaded up for good newgens?

To be honest you wouldn't need to load many leagues up as France produce a lot of good to great regens. Maybe load up a few African leagues up if you have an extended African league database.

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, luke4387 said:

I’m gonna start an Auxerre save at some point and get them into Ligue 1. Amiens are another team I like the look of.

However, I’m about to start as Montpellier. I’m going to play a front two of Delort and Laborde and may attempt to bring back Belhanda!

Anyone had Fulgini? He may be a signing I will look to make

My friend and I did a network game with French league teams and he was Montipellier and done really well. Don't they have a player who is 40 years old as well lol.

I have never heard of Fulgini sorry but others might like Jogo.

Good luck with Montipeller and feel free to post your progress in here if you want to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

508924647_bbcbreakingnews.thumb.jpg.f86ec892680f8a60411e4ec6067d0b49.jpg

After days of deliberation that took me from the 4th tier National 2, back to Ligue 1, and through every club in between, I have finally picked my team 

phew.jpg.72836cd4dd283e582583a7b0b1fe96f4.jpg

So that means an update will probably follow in a year or two :lol:

Edited by Jogo Bonito
Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

508924647_bbcbreakingnews.thumb.jpg.f86ec892680f8a60411e4ec6067d0b49.jpg

After days of deliberation that took me from the 4th tier National 2, back to Ligue 1, and through every club in between, I have finally picked my team 

phew.jpg.72836cd4dd283e582583a7b0b1fe96f4.jpg

So that means an update will probably follow in a year or two :lol:

You little tease.

At least give us a clue ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

December & January Results

An average month overall over the last 2 months. 3 losses, 3 wins and a lot of draws.

image.thumb.png.c5d3100b2c367d3d4f332785ebb1adcc.png

Diallo continues to impress, 19 goals in 28 games, his attributes continue to get better as well.

image.thumb.png.635c58d3bf1489a8aaed8d878f18cfbe.png

I am currently 7th in the league, I will be happy with being 7th come the end of the season.

image.thumb.png.b31dfe0e0033b43b7c10731a893dba5f.png

My current starting squad. Diallo has my best overal average rating. 

image.thumb.png.d1b02e42989ffc2baa03196a7c497fda.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Doing very well indeed there, that would be a fine finish if the season was ending now. Look at PSG :eek:

 Now I realise it's far from impossible, but your Cameroonian looks a bit...not very Cameroonish ;)

Yeah I downloaded this file that gives every regen a real face but yeah he doesn't look very Cameroonish at all lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Doing very well indeed there, that would be a fine finish if the season was ending now. Look at PSG :eek:

 Now I realise it's far from impossible, but your Cameroonian looks a bit...not very Cameroonish ;)

Lol true. Then again, this is my first choice GK who is also the starting keeper for DR Congo. 

20200521143959_1.thumb.jpg.a4f69cbcc09dbdab9bb6857f872639b1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

2020-21 MID-SEASON UPDATE

As mentioned earlier, I have already played through the first two seasons of the game, so the updates would be a bit shorter as we catch up to where things are at the moment.

The first half of the season could not have gone much better, as the new players quickly gelled with the squad and the tactics continued to work in Ligue 2. Here is how we got on:

mid-season.thumb.jpg.3b38bf7bcc965de9b212ece9b1311633.jpg

This left us within touching distance of the top 2 and a real shot at automatic promotion:

1563793559_midseasontable.thumb.jpg.80c3a3a9cfffbe74e7b42f5ff2b38838.jpg

That being said, with January came an injury crisis, as club captain Mendy and first-choice RB Goujon both were hit with serious injuries which would keep them out for 2-3 months. The only "good" thing was that this happened with the transfer window was open, so getting in replacements was necessary, even with zero funds. We had to dip into the loan market.

1255341538_wintertransfers.thumb.jpg.c158ec21e8f584d1c9f3d0f2fc3af230.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Lol true. Then again, this is my first choice GK who is also the starting keeper for DR Congo. 

20200521143959_1.thumb.jpg.a4f69cbcc09dbdab9bb6857f872639b1.jpg

I think since FM released the latest patch its ruined graphics on the game as they are all over the place which is a shame as I always want the proper graphics in place.

10 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

2020-21 MID-SEASON UPDATE

As mentioned earlier, I have already played through the first two seasons of the game, so the updates would be a bit shorter as we catch up to where things are at the moment.

The first half of the season could not have gone much better, as the new players quickly gelled with the squad and the tactics continued to work in Ligue 2. Here is how we got on:

mid-season.thumb.jpg.3b38bf7bcc965de9b212ece9b1311633.jpg

This left us within touching distance of the top 2 and a real shot at automatic promotion:

1563793559_midseasontable.thumb.jpg.80c3a3a9cfffbe74e7b42f5ff2b38838.jpg

That being said, with January came an injury crisis, as club captain Mendy and first-choice RB Goujon both were hit with serious injuries which would keep them out for 2-3 months. The only "good" thing was that this happened with the transfer window was open, so getting in replacements was necessary, even with zero funds. We had to dip into the loan market.

1255341538_wintertransfers.thumb.jpg.c158ec21e8f584d1c9f3d0f2fc3af230.jpg

Doing well with Red Star, keep up with the good work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2020-21 END OF SEASON UPDATE

Here are the fixtures from the rest of the season.

fixtures2.thumb.jpg.42421873c638534aadf40e20a0e22346.jpg

Which meant that we eventually made it back to back promotions and league titles :lock:

1844407324_finalleaguetable.thumb.jpg.54fb0a9d0d11bb83a355de3cdeabe18f.jpg

PSG here we come!!

Player Stats from the season:

1672440878_playerstats.thumb.jpg.b63138572f386c0f4b2de36674f80c17.jpg

We also made it to the French Cup QF where we sadly crashed out at home to Nantes on penalties after surrendering a 2-0 lead :seagull: The Nantes manager was chatting all sorts of sh*t before and after the game, so he is definitely someone I will be looking to "put in his place" next season.

20200521144304_1.thumb.jpg.5f67d08b159eaaeda1804337cc159293.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I think since FM released the latest patch its ruined graphics on the game as they are all over the place which is a shame as I always want the proper graphics in place.

Doing well with Red Star, keep up with the good work.

Thank you. This guy is a real player. However I googled him and he doesn't show up as having dual nationality on Wikipedia at least. So I am not sure what I am missing here but he is regularly playing for DR Congo on my save.

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Thank you. This guy is a real player. However I googled him and he doesn't show up as having dual nationality on Wikipedia at least. So I am not sure what I am missing here but he is regularly playing for DR Congo on my save.

 
It's an error, he is pure French and he himself informed FM in March about it when somebody made him aware. 
🤦🏻‍♂️
je crois qu’il y a une légère erreur
 
Thinking face
Quote Tweet
 
3DVRQMCK_normal.jpg
 
 
Satan Giscard d'Estaing de la Comédie-Française
 
@SATANgiscard
· Mar 22
@Paul_Charruau bravo pour ta première sélection avec la RDC dans ma partie de FM
 
 
Image
3:37 PM · Mar 22, 2020
Edited by Jogo Bonito
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:
🤦🏻‍♂️
je crois qu’il y a une légère erreur
 
Thinking face
Quote Tweet
 
3DVRQMCK_normal.jpg
 
 
Satan Giscard d'Estaing de la Comédie-Française
 
@SATANgiscard
· Mar 22
@Paul_Charruau bravo pour ta première sélection avec la RDC dans ma partie de FM
 
 
Image
3:37 PM · Mar 22, 2020

So it's an error?

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

So it's an error?

Yes mate, afraid so. Pure French :lol:

P.S. Congrats on the second title, my prediction was correct about where you would be before I even start :applause:

Edited by Jogo Bonito
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...