Advice needed for a UK regions league

jcoll

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of trying to run an experiment in which the UK is equally split by population into 20 teams to find out which region produces the best football players born in the UK.

I have selected the teams and split up the UK etc already so just need to find out a way of setting this up in FM. I am not very familiar with the FM Editor so would like some advice on the best way to go about this.

I was wondering if it would be easier to just edit a current league (e.g premiership) and change the teams with the 20 teams i have set up or whether it's worth adding a new league?

I would also like to run a cup competition in parallel with the league season involving those 20 teams so would need this incorporated somehow as well. I am only planning on running it for one season so relegation/european spots etc isn't an issue.

Hopefully someone can help me out here, I will be posting this experiment over at the experiments forum once it's all set up!

If you're not planning on running the league for more than 1 season I would just replace the English league system with your 20 team league and your cup competition. Or you could just replace the teams in the Premier League. If you're only planning on running it for a year that really doesn't matter but if you want to run it for longer I would go with my first option because then you'll see how the regional teams do in European competitions.

I would probably say that most of your editing time will be spent on populating the teams ... particularly in England splitting the existing local regions down into counties etc can take a while.

Thanks mate, I'll do that then

Yeah I've done that already, the teams are split as below currently:

Population

Counties

Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Somerset

East Sussex, Kent, West Sussex

Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Surrey,

London Boroughs: Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea, Hammersmith and Fulham, Wandsworth, Islington, Camden, Brent, Ealing, Hounslow, Richmond upon Thames, Kingston upon Thames, Merton, Sutton, Croydon

London Boroughs: City of London, Lambeth, Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Bromley, Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley, Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Newham

Hertfordshire and London Boroughs: Redbridge, Waltham Forest, Haringey, Enfield, Barnet, Harrow, Hillingdon

Berkshire, Bristol, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire

Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire

Essex, Norfolk, Suffolk

Wales, Herefordshire,

West Midlands, Warwickshire

Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Rutland

Derbyshire, East Riding of Yorkshire, South Yorkshire,

Greater Manchester

Cumbria, Lancashire, Merseyside

North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire

County Durham, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, East Midlothian, Edinburgh City, Midlothian, Scottish Borders.

Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Dumfries and Galloway, East Ayrshire, East Renfrewshire, Inverclyde, North Ayrshire, Renfrewshire, South Ayrshire, South Lanarkshire

Aberdeen city, Aberdeenshire, Angus, Argyll and Bute, Clackmannanshire, Dundee City, East Dunbartonshire, Falkirk, Fife, Glasgow City, Highlands, North Lanarkshire, Orkney Islands, Perth and Kinross, Shetland Islands, Stirling, West Dunbartonshire, West Lothian.

Cheshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Worcestershire