Transfer Market - 2025

I am really struggling with the transfer market, current year in my save is 2025 (currently managing Celtic)

Example of this is Ryan Gravenberch. In a season and a half he has played 62 games / 13 goals / 34 assists and has an avg rating of 7.74. I bought him for £25.5m yet after those stats he is only worth £19.5m. I am inundated with offers of between £19m - £23m so obviously won't sell him for that but he is becoming unsettled as despite negotiating no one will go above £25m.

To pre-empt this I am trying to find a replacement as its inevitable I will have to sell, yet the AI players worth £4m that I have found, their clubs want £86m - £110m......none of those become unsettled and for me its totally unrealistic.

Another example, I bid for a 16 year old from St Mirren worth £15k and they will not budge from £19m. Again just seems unrealisitic. St Mirren aren't going to refuse £5m for a player worth £15k.

Just wondered how people dealt with this and if anyone had any tips on how they approach ridiculous counter offers to try and get a deal accepted??

Not come across this myself but then again i struggle to go beyond 3-4 years in a save as i just get bored.

One thought would be that you are managing in Scotland and the player wants to leave which does drive down the price. I had a similar situation with jadon Sancho at Dortmund. United made him number 1 priority and i would not him leave for less than his release cause (500mill)  they signed someone else, dropped interest and he was happy to stay.

49 minutes ago, sven78 said:

I am really struggling with the transfer market, current year in my save is 2025 (currently managing Celtic)

Example of this is Ryan Gravenberch. In a season and a half he has played 62 games / 13 goals / 34 assists and has an avg rating of 7.74. I bought him for £25.5m yet after those stats he is only worth £19.5m. I am inundated with offers of between £19m - £23m so obviously won't sell him for that but he is becoming unsettled as despite negotiating no one will go above £25m.

To pre-empt this I am trying to find a replacement as its inevitable I will have to sell, yet the AI players worth £4m that I have found, their clubs want £86m - £110m......none of those become unsettled and for me its totally unrealistic.

Another example, I bid for a 16 year old from St Mirren worth £15k and they will not budge from £19m. Again just seems unrealisitic. St Mirren aren't going to refuse £5m for a player worth £15k.

Just wondered how people dealt with this and if anyone had any tips on how they approach ridiculous counter offers to try and get a deal accepted??

How many other leagues do you have loaded up?

I've got a long term Motherwell save on the go (19th season) and in the early days I only had the English leagues loaded and it was virtually impossible to sell my players at asking price or above no matter how good they were. Loaded up other leagues in which my new affiliates were playing in Europe and South America and then I started getting respectable bids coming in and at the start of my last season I sold my best defender to PSG for over £50m.

With regards to the kid at the Buddies, I've had the same a few times. Sometimes they just won't budge so you just have to move on. It does happen occasionally in our game sometimes when clubs play hard ball with the Old Firm.

I have all of England (Prem to League 2) as I started with Peterborough....and then I have france, spain, germany and italy with top leagues in those only.

The multiplier on players value in Scotland must be set low. There are 21 year players on loan from Man City / Chelsea valued in excess of £30m who have played about 20 career games yet I have Pietro Pellegri who has played 124 games, scored 126 goals with 13 assists and he is worth £19m....just bizarre. That return anywhere else he would be £80m+ going off some of the transfers that occur.

Just finding it frustrating as I am dominating the league so interest in my players is very high, I can barely keep a player for 2 seasons.

The "market value" takes account of their current contract value and the transfer fee paid to buy them (plus some other unknown things). The actual asking price takes account of the player's potential and the club's financial situation (or maybe reputation, or both) so rich/reputable clubs tend to ask for a lot more money than the market value for youngsters.

Edited by Russiandude

5 minutes ago, Russiandude said:

The actual asking price takes account of the ... club's financial situation so rich/reputable clubs tend to ask for a lot more money than the market value for youngsters.

Ahh, I hadn’t considered that before you know. I’ve got £270m in the bank through years of sales and yeah my players do have vastly inflated prices now.

Playing devil's advocate here, isn't it also unrealistic to sign a player like Gravenberch for £25m or Pellegri in Scotland? Also, Gravenberch came from Ajax? A team with a much higher reputation than Celtic and also the dutch league (about 10th in Europe) is way more reputable than the SPFL (20th?) unless something drastic has happened in those 5 years. You would have seen him sign for £25m and then immediately reduce in value due to new reputations (plus/ minus contract stuff). Maybe the 1.5 seasons just isn't long enough for him to raise his reputation back to the level that it was at Ajax.

As for the 16 yr old, poaching players at that age is always difficult, track him for a season or two, watch him, scout him, praise him etc then swoop when he's on low professional terms. 

Yeah, the valuation the game gives you is  calculated using the player's time left on contract and ability. 

The actual price they are sold for comes down to what the selling club is prepared to accept for them. Youngsters, especially home-grown ones, are inflated because of the foreigner rules - they actually carry more value now over and above the game estimate - so clubs are less likely to sell as they need home-growns in their squad which can be just to keep numbers rather than actually planning to play them. HIgh potential youngster have an extra premium added as well.

Any player  I am adamant I want to keep, I set the Assistant instructions to reject all offers.

You can also set the asking price ridiculously high to put others off bidding, but that can unsettle the player and doesn't necessarily mean the bids won;t come in.

Ultimately though, you have a player at Celtic who could do very well in higher leagues and competitions so be realistic about keeping him. Just get as much as you can for him when it happens.

23 hours ago, WhoAreYa? said:

Playing devil's advocate here, isn't it also unrealistic to sign a player like Gravenberch for £25m or Pellegri in Scotland? Also, Gravenberch came from Ajax? A team with a much higher reputation than Celtic and also the dutch league (about 10th in Europe) is way more reputable than the SPFL (20th?) unless something drastic has happened in those 5 years. You would have seen him sign for £25m and then immediately reduce in value due to new reputations (plus/ minus contract stuff). Maybe the 1.5 seasons just isn't long enough for him to raise his reputation back to the level that it was at Ajax.

As for the 16 yr old, poaching players at that age is always difficult, track him for a season or two, watch him, scout him, praise him etc then swoop when he's on low professional terms. 

I take ur point..just to say Ajax are rotten in my save. All the leading lights got flogged early except Gravenberch. He was going into last year of contract and I had quite deep runs in champs league previous 2 seasons (quarters and then semi final) when I got him. They have no youngsters in my save, literally produce nothing. 

Just on the value side, signed Pellegri for £22m....he has scored 40+ 3 seasons in a row, just renewed him on a 4 year contract but he is still only worth £19m. I cant hold onto him much longer, resigned to losing him, just need to maximise the negotiation I guess. Clearly scottish prem reputation doesnt reflect the value he would be worth if he was playing elsewhere. 

Will definately try a different tact on getting youngsters. 

Older players do tend to be a bit less valued than wonderkids I find, but the league the player is playing in (and the Club's reputation) also has an impact as well. Plus the Nation itself I find (related to league, but even similar reputation Norway league wlil have less values than say German)

On 14/05/2020 at 13:28, sven78 said:

What i know is that player value is based on reputation mostly. Play him a lot in CL and Europa league games (and hope he plays well) + National team appearances also help. 

League reputation is a big factor in determining player value. They always get the inflated price when they move to bigger leagues and vice versa. Andtheir own own reputation will always grow faster when they play in higher reputation league. Age is also important factor as well as length of their contract, I think also transfer fees paid influence it.

On 14/05/2020 at 15:28, sven78 said:

That is what AI managers do when player is not for sale. They just give you unrealistic asking price instead of rejecting the offer like it was in some previous versions of the game. Personally I think it shouldn't be easy to unsettle players even if you are big club and in a high reputation league. Some players are abitious and lack loyalty and will try to force a move but there needs to be some balance and enough of player that act as professionals otherwise it will just turn to something that everybody will just exploit like it was with tutoring system. Make few low offers, he unsettles then buy him bellow price. Wouldit be really realistic if you could do that often?