Need help with my 4123 HB

Both CMs spread wide and the HB goes back so there's no one really in the center. I'd look to change to a center role like a CM-S or so.
There's also needless extremes with the TIs. Get them all to default except those that define the core of your playstyle.

About the IF, that should be your goal - how to make my IF play better? There's PPMs, overloading the other flank, mentality, morale, etc etc. Play around and observe what he is doing and what is lacking.

I'd try him on support first since he could benefit from having more space in front but i dont know his attributes.

il y a 23 minutes, KyleHyde a dit :

Both CMs spread wide and the HB goes back so there's no one really in the center. I'd look to change to a center role like a CM-S or so.
There's also needless extremes with the TIs. Get them all to default except those that define the core of your playstyle.

About the IF, that should be your goal - how to make my IF play better? There's PPMs, overloading the other flank, mentality, morale, etc etc. Play around and observe what he is doing and what is lacking.

I'd try him on support first since he could benefit from having more space in front but i dont know his attributes.

Thanks,

here is my left IF, good scorer ( 20 goals last year)

and what do you mean by "There's also needless extremes with the TIs"

Capture d’écran (9).png

Edited by dom.march

A few things you should take into account

• Trying to play possession when all three of your mids are going to vacate the middle may not be a good idea
  • Higher tempo+short passing + be more expressive can work very well but you need to have a good team for it, conisder your teams' ability compared with the rest of the league, especially technicals and mentals
  • What I have noticed (as well as many others here) is that attack duty strikers don't tend to work well when they have no parner in attack or in AMC when you are playing a possession game.
    • This is because attacking strikers (poachers, PFa, AFa) tend to like to run on to through balls and get on the end of crosses - possession styles reduce both of these significantly
    • If your team is just going to play short passes around the box and your striker isn't dropping deep to participate, then he can easily just be marked by a centre back and not do much all game. I suspect you don't score many goals, and your striker is scoring less than you'd expect
    • I would change your striker to an F9 or DLFs/a
    • A striker dropping deeper will also create more space for your inside forward to work with.

Changes I would make:

• Have At least 1 stationary role in midfield (ideally 2), for example all you may need to do is change your CAR to a CMs
  • Change your striker to a support role - if he doesn't have the attributes for it, consider retraining him as an inside forward or changing your formation to give him closer support, or change your style of play to be more direct
  • Consider reducing your tempo if your team don't have good technical and mental ability compared to the league

il y a 3 minutes, Jack722 a dit :

A few things you should take into account

• Trying to play possession when all three of your mids are going to vacate the middle may not be a good idea (If i change the mez by a CM A?)
  • Higher tempo+short passing + be more expressive can work very well but you need to have a good team for it, conisder your teams' ability compared with the rest of the league, especially technicals and mentals (I got good Anticipation+decision players)
  • What I have noticed (as well as many others here) is that attack duty strikers don't tend to work well when they have no parner in attack or in AMC when you are playing a possession game.
    • This is because attacking strikers (poachers, PFa, AFa) tend to like to run on to through balls and get on the end of crosses - possession styles reduce both of these significantly
    • If your team is just going to play short passes around the box and your striker isn't dropping deep to participate, then he can easily just be marked by a centre back and not do much all game. I suspect you don't score many goals, and your striker is scoring less than you'd expect
    • I would change your striker to an F9 or DLFs/a, (I will try that)
    • A striker dropping deeper will also create more space for your inside forward to work with. wiil do

Changes I would make:

• Have At least 1 stationary role in midfield (ideally 2), for example all you may need to do is change your CAR to a CMs
  • Change your striker to a support role - if he doesn't have the attributes for it, consider retraining him as an inside forward or changing your formation to give him closer support, or change your style of play to be more direct
  • Consider reducing your tempo if your team don't have good technical and mental ability compared to the league

Thank a lot:

I wouldn't use him by line or he'd lose focus with some bird in the stands with that level of concentration! :D

It's a bit weird he moves the ball to the left foot before dribbling but he's right footed. Not a PPM i'm very familiar with tbh you have to see what he does ingame. 20 goals is very good for a wide attacker and he doesn't seem particularly outstanding even for that level. Excellent flair, good speed, and knows how to move without the ball as well. Yep, you wouldn't do too bad to let him start a bit lower (less attacking) since he is quick enough to be threat in a counter and has the flair to create things with the space available.

What i mean with extremes is what I'd do if things are going bad and get back to the essentials. It is easier then to tackle what is wrong and what works. If you add so many variables, how will you know what is causing bad results? Like you want to play FAST and have a winger who likes to run wide (and isolate himself) and cross but you have work ball into the box who decreases crossing along with short passing. I'd remove all those attacking instructions and see what's needed then. Is the winger crossing to a sea of enemies? maybe needs higher tempo. Are you giving possession away too much? needs more support.. etc

I personally only press that high when my defenders are faster than the opposition. Then the play out of the defence along with HB's and distribute to CB's might make you drop too low and your attack too slow. Again, check if you are starting the attacks correctly and take note where you are failing and losing the ball.

1 minute ago, dom.march said:

Thank a lot:

I don't think that changing the MEZa to CMa will help so much, I think it's more important to change your CAR to a more stationary role like DLPs or CMs. With a trio of:

CMs---HB---MEZa,

you can mimic the old barcelona to an extent, with the half back (busquets) helping to play out of defence and giving defensive support, the CMs or DLPs (Xavi) staying in the centre and dictating play and the MEZ (Iniesta) drawing players to him by making dribbles and roaming around to play combinations with other players.

A carrilero moves out wide to cover the wide areas, it isn't alwasy really that importatn to cover the wide areas when you have 2 wide players already, in your case, it is more important to have more players in the centre to help control the ball.

il y a 30 minutes, Jack722 a dit :

I don't think that changing the MEZa to CMa will help so much, I think it's more important to change your CAR to a more stationary role like DLPs or CMs. With a trio of:

CMs---HB---MEZa,

you can mimic the old barcelona to an extent, with the half back (busquets) helping to play out of defence and giving defensive support, the CMs or DLPs (Xavi) staying in the centre and dictating play and the MEZ (Iniesta) drawing players to him by making dribbles and roaming around to play combinations with other players.

A carrilero moves out wide to cover the wide areas, it isn't alwasy really that importatn to cover the wide areas when you have 2 wide players already, in your case, it is more important to have more players in the centre to help control the ball.

Thank, i'll try to go back to basics and see in game. Last game was good (4-0)

i'll adjust against fast ( early cross) or slow defender (dribble more, ask my fb to overlap left and underlap right), agressive team (Counter, Lower LOE, more direct)

or against defensive team (shorter pass, play out of defense, work ball into box)

Capture d’écran (10).png

4 hours ago, dom.march said:

Capture d’écran (7).png

4 hours ago, dom.march said:

What do you think ?

Either change the striker's role into a DLF or change his duty to support, because IF on attack duty does not really go hand in hand with a simple striker role if it's also on attack. 

Alternatively, you can change the IF's duty to support and leave the striker as PF on attack. 

Il y a 19 heures, Experienced Defender a dit :

Either change the striker's role into a DLF or change his duty to support, because IF on attack duty does not really go hand in hand with a simple striker role if it's also on attack. 

Alternatively, you can change the IF's duty to support and leave the striker as PF on attack. 

Also I ve this 18yold guy who his my best player. How could i fit him ? in a 4231 ? with my other guy as DLF S1104122785_Capturedcran(13).thumb.png.14df4a07b73506af15d2e444a250ead6.png ?489664400_Capturedcran(14).thumb.png.20843634c385425ed4bd62635dd76d17.png

53 minutes ago, dom.march said:

Please would you help me set up a possession 4231 tactic with my player ?

Unfortunately, I don't have enough time at the moment to analyze your players, but I can give you an example of a possession-oriented tactic, taking into account that you are managing a lower-league club. And not 4231 but 4123 wide.

PFsu

IFat                                 Wsu

DLPsu   CMat

A/HB

WBsu   CDco  CDde   WBsu

SKde

Mentality - Balanced or Positive

In possession - shorter passing, fairly narrow and overlap left

In transition - distribute to CBs and FBs

Out of possession - higher D-line and Prevent short GKD

il y a 5 minutes, Experienced Defender a dit :

Unfortunately, I don't have enough time at the moment to analyze your players, but I can give you an example of a possession-oriented tactic, taking into account that you are managing a lower-league club. And not 4231 but 4123 wide.

PFsu

IFat                                 Wsu

DLPsu   CMat

A/HB

WBsu   CDco  CDde   WBsu

SKde

Mentality - Balanced or Positive

In possession - shorter passing, fairly narrow and overlap left

In transition - distribute to CBs and FBs

Out of possession - higher D-line and Prevent short GKD

Thanks a lot !

the idea of the 4231 was to fit my best player