Jarrad Branthwaite - Jumping Reach 19

Looking for an aerially dominant CB to add to my squad and find this guy getting a run out in Everton's first XI season 2. He came from Carlisle either in my save or at the start of 2019/2020 IRL, i haven't checked. 

Looks fairly well rounded for 18 years of age, left footed and reasonable agility for a 'big lad'. Everton want his 40m release clause and not a penny less. If he were to develop even moderately well he would be an incredibly effective CB and a bit of a 'missing piece' for me really as my defence is lacking in height and aerial ability. 

He does lack the Aggression, Bravery and Strength you would ideally want with a player like him and Heading is a modest 14.

Anyone have any experience with him? Or screenshots of his development at any stage? 

Sidenote: Mark McGuinness is coming in for me on a free from Arsenal (Seems to be a Per Mertesaker clone). Never heard of the guy before but it's a low cost gamble to see if he rounds out as a player. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 12.17.23.png

I highly recommend him. Brought him in on loan for my sunderland side and he was superb in the second half of our season. Also chipped in with 4 goals and was MOTM in the FA cup final. Wasn't easy to buy him out but eventually convinced them for 32 million. 

He's since formed a strong partnership with Tosin Adarabioyo at the back and is a consistent threat in the box too. Just won his first England cap. His jumping has reached 20 in my save and hes also rated as a wonder kid. 

5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

I highly recommend him. Brought him in on loan for my sunderland side and he was superb in the second half of our season. Also chipped in with 4 goals and was MOTM in the FA cup final. Wasn't easy to buy him out but eventually convinced them for 32 million. 

He's since formed a strong partnership with Tosin Adarabioyo at the back and is a consistent threat in the box too. Just won his first England cap. His jumping has reached 20 in my save and hes also rated as a wonder kid. 

Any chance I could  get a peak at what he looks like in your save? He's not been managed brilliantly by Everton in mine and I am looking to build a title challenging squad - think he's got it in him? Interestingly, looking at bringing Tosin in as a 3rd or 4th choice CB too! 

Anyone  got a time machine for a glimpse of him? 

1 hour ago, Blue 4 Life said:

He looks a slightly upgraded version to Badiashile. If all those 11 and 12 mental stats rise to 14-15 and his tackling and marking slightly improves, he will become an absolute monster!

You are spot on. However, if they only make it as far as 13-14s he will be bang average.

Strength is the one concern for me. I find that attribute is sometimes incredibly stubborn to move and he can jump as high as he like but if he's not got the muscle to get on the end of a cross he might as well be 5 foot tall. 

Update - Everton now want to deal at 22m. That's as low as they'll go. 

My other defenders are Holding, Armini, Gvardiol and Zouma (who has just come in for his physicality) 

Think I'm gonna pull the trigger. He looks a fun player to manage. He will replace Reece Oxford in my squad  and mean that Armini goes out on loan. Frustratingly, I've missed his 19th birthday by days which means the chance to have him 'Home grown at club' is gone too. If I hadn't been so indecisive...

Thanks for the input everyone. 

Update - this guy had an insane first full season for us. Playing around 40 games he finished with TWELVE goals including several crucial ones that carried us to the league title. Also has been rewarded with a call up to the England squad for the euros and is in the shortlist for Epl young player of the season. 

12 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Update - this guy had an insane first full season for us. Playing around 40 games he finished with TWELVE goals including several crucial ones that carried us to the league title. Also has been rewarded with a call up to the England squad for the euros and is in the shortlist for Epl young player of the season. 

Awesome. Always love the idea of a six and a half foot monster at the back but they rarely round out into solid elite level players. Any update on any of those key attributes? - strength, positioning, marking, etc.

You should post a screenshot of your corner setup too if its not too much trouble as 12 goals from a CB is really decent and I'm sure folks would love to see how you got the most out of him.

Appreciate you taking the time to update us on your giant at the back. 

• 2 weeks later...

Excited to have found this thread. Just finished the first season with Everton and managed to finish 5th mainly because Arsenal and Spurs were very poor. I was just thinking about whether I should loan him out for the second season or give him some more first team opportunities. He had a crazy development from just training with the first team and some cameos in the odd cup game and like 2 or 3 league games. I'll definitely keep him around now especially since Mason Holgate is so average and have not impressed at all.