Will there be any more patches to the game?

As someone who just bought the game (very late, because I know that many bugs are being found in beta/initial versions and get addressed), I am very upset that there are still quite essential bugs affecting the game experience (eg. a simple checkbox doesn't function as intended), considering that we are already in May - months after the initial release.

My question is, will there be any more patches to the game?

8 minutes ago, Phillybear said:

You must be new to football manager. SI don't release patches beyond March. If you don't like the bugs, tough luck. Wait and buy the next year edition in November.

They did FM 19 I think 

Something like that will be a case of priorities. It doesn't prevent you from playing and a fairly minor number of people will be affected by it so it'll be a low priority bug. There will always be bugs in FM, as there are in every game and every piece of software you'll ever use. They won't all get fixed and sometimes you'll have to work around them, they only have a finite number of developers and QA personnel and a finite amount of time to develop and test the game.

8 hours ago, outofroutine said:

As someone who just bought the game (very late, because I know that many bugs are being found in beta/initial versions and get addressed), I am very upset that there are still quite essential bugs affecting the game experience (eg. a simple checkbox doesn't function as intended), considering that we are already in May - months after the initial release.

My question is, will there be any more patches to the game?

SI have said that there are no plans for any further updates to FM 20.  Your issue was acknowledged by the SI staff and was noted as under review.