Player current ability

Hi, in my save I am into my 6th season as Hartlepool manager and I’m in the championship. On a lot of my players when I look at their report it is telling me they are league one/two level players but I am currently top of the championship. I know form is a factor and this can happen but even when I was still in league one it would tell me they are at a league 2/national level it’s been happening all save. Changing coaches doesn’t seem to have an impact just wondering if anyone knows why this could be 

13 hours ago, Thomaspeacockx said:

Hi, in my save I am into my 6th season as Hartlepool manager and I’m in the championship. On a lot of my players when I look at their report it is telling me they are league one/two level players but I am currently top of the championship. I know form is a factor and this can happen but even when I was still in league one it would tell me they are at a league 2/national level it’s been happening all save. Changing coaches doesn’t seem to have an impact just wondering if anyone knows why this could be 

What it could be is that your staff aren't always right in their judgement. You should base yours on stats, attributes and performances, as well as staff opinions.

Players' performances often depend more on the tactic than on their own Current Ability.

If you're got a tactic that suits a player, you can often get performances that are above and beyond what you would get from a 'better' player.

When Hull played in the premiership for the first time in 2008 their side included five players who had been with them in the basement division. None of them were premiership quality, some wouldn't have featured as regulars in the championship with other sides, if this were FM at least three would've been considered League One fodder in a coach report. Managers succeed by getting the very best from their players, and sometimes a player may be limited in terms of footballing ability but he'll be a favourite of that manager because he can get him to do exactly what he wants him to do in that team. I've always looked upon the coach reports in that way; they tell me about his ability as a footballer, but don't tell anywhere near the full picture regarding what l can get from him if l manage him in the right way.