Parent League Editing

Hi,

I am hoping create a parent league with two sub league of 16 teams each, league A and League B.

Ideally League A should play two rounds against each team in this league for total of 30 games but i would also like to add a third round where league A plays each team in League B once.

Is this possible in advanced rules?

Tom

2 hours ago, tomkennedysk said:

Hi,

I am hoping create a parent league with two sub league of 16 teams each, league A and League B.

Ideally League A should play two rounds against each team in this league for total of 30 games but i would also like to add a third round where league A plays each team in League B once.

Is this possible in advanced rules?

Tom

If you set up each sub-league as a group using the advanced rules, you can set up a fixture plan which states how many rounds each group plays against each other. As well as looking at the MLS I'd suggest looking at sporadicsmiles' FIFA World Leagues db as that is a good example of using a fixture plan to ensure teams from various leagues play each other.

18 minutes ago, tomkennedysk said:

These two files have been a great help, thanks very much for passing those on. One other thing is there anyway to give a group a name instead of the standard group A or group 1?

Yeah that can be done relatively easily. Firstly, create the competitions that you want to use as groups. Then, under the group stage settings you should see a section called 'Individual Group Rules'. If you want to have league names instead of groups you need to set up individual rules for each group, then you can edit a field called 'Other Competition to Use'. Select the competitions that you wish to use as your group names and everything should work.

If this explanation is a bit wordy and you want to look at an example, just look at the way it works in MLS by going to 'List > Major League Soccer 2019 > Stages > Stage 0 > Individual Group Rules > 0' and adapting that.