Adding New Leagues to game

A quick question and i hope i get a quick response. 

So i started a save when fm20 was free to play for a few weeks in March/April. I enjoyed it so much i did 2 full seasons and stopped playing in the 3rd season.  Now i have bought the full game and want to add a few extra leagues because the free play only had 3 leagues available ( i think). So now, i want to know if when i add 4 new leagues, will the game populate with a large number of regens like it did in older games ? or will it not. 

Because if it gets populated with regens i sadly might just have to start a new game. Hoping for a quick response. Thank you. 

The players who are at the clubs already will stay, but there will be added newgens to fill out the squads if there are too few players. So, yes, you have to start a new game if you want the real squads.

18 hours ago, DownTheFrank said:

Now i have bought the full game and want to add a few extra leagues because the free play only had 3 leagues available ( i think).

I also started the save when it was free to play and loaded like over 10 nations so you got something wrong there.

Ah, learn something new all the time with FM...

I always thought they add real players, I did a quick test on adding Norway. The higher rep teams get real players, lower reputation teams get mainly regens/newgens :thdn:

I normally add leagues as I progress but my OCD is telling me I need to restart with all leagues now! :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...