regens like messi and ronaldo

hi guys 

what do you think about the regens in the game i really think they are whey whey to gooood 

especcially in like south america al the regens look like messi and ronaldo when they are only like 18 really annoys me and is the main reason i usually dont play more then like 5 season because then everone has 5 messi 's in there squad 

your own club usually creaties 2 or 3 good youth intake in a couple of season wich i whay more realistic 

also the excisting talents are getting overpowered by the regens. 

let me know how you guys think about this or maybe you totally disagree. 

greetings!!! 

ps sorry for the english language im dutch 

I don't know how many "Messi's" a several years save might have, but I have to add that ability and potential are not just what meets the eye. There are things like personality, determination and hidden attributes like consistency that are determinant to what a regen might become in the future. I've found players that my scouts are absolutely sure they have 5 stars potential yet have a **** personality or the determination to not even move if the room is on fire.

What I hate is how fast most regens progress in general. If a new Messi comes along and at 20 is top, that's not bad. There's a lot of cases.

But the problem for me is the large number of regens that reach top levels at such a young age. There are too many of them. I think that's very unrealistic and annoying.

I don't know what Messi's and Ronaldo's stats are like as I've never looked at buying them, but in 2040 this guy is the most expensive player in the world in my save.

I don't use editor so can't check his CA/PA.

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 14.06.33.png

1 hora atrás, Grifty disse:

I don't know what Messi's and Ronaldo's stats are like as I've never looked at buying them, but in 2040 this guy is the most expensive player in the world in my save.

I don't use editor so can't check his CA/PA.

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 14.06.33.png

That player is not even comparable to Messi or Ronaldo, who have several 20s across the attributes.

5 minutes ago, 99 said:

That player is not even comparable to Messi or Ronaldo, who have several 20s across the attributes.

I didn't think so. I've gone through the top 2 pages of most expensive players and there's only 1 player with more than 1 '20' and that was for Vision and Off the Ball.

Thats similar to what I can see in my games, a contradiction to OP's claim

On 03/05/2020 at 16:03, benny hummel said:

especcially in like south america al the regens look like messi and ronaldo when they are only like 18 really annoys me and is the main reason i usually dont play more then like 5 season because then everone has 5 messi 's in there squad 

therefore I asked for screenshots to back up such a clearly exaggerated claim.

14 hours ago, 99 said:

Actually I'm going to disagree, he's probably on par in terms of CA. It comes to attribute weighting (physical attributes are extremely expensive) and making sacrifices in favour of other attributes. For example, a RPM has so many required attributes that even at 200PA, most of the attributes would be in the 16-18 range; most likely 15-20 globally. I've had one, and despite not having 20s everywhere, they're so well rounded you can't touch them on the pitch.

Messi and Ronaldo, as exceptional as they are, have areas where they aren't quite exceptional. Ronaldo's playmaking abilities are serviceable in favour of goalscoring attributes, Messi isn't quite the physical beast (anymore), and neither of them are the most intense workers when the team loses the ball (Positioning, Marking, Work Rate, etc). The player posted is absolutely amazing absolutely everywhere. He's a physical beast only with fairly average Jumping Reach, an excellent playmaker, an excellent goalscorer who can shoot from any range and is good at Heading. He's also good at Free-Kicks, is an excellent dribbler, has good enough Positioning, Anticipation and Marking to be useful in other midfield roles on the wings and in the centre of the pitch... Basically he's a fusion of Ronaldo and Messi without the Determination. He most likely is in the 190+CA range; you can play that guy in any offensive role maybe outside of pure Winger since his Crossing isn't amazing, but since he cuts inside and runs with ball often, he's not going to cross anyway. :lol: Hell, he'd even do a good job at CM in a three man midfield.

EDIT: To be honest, it's an area where FM could do better. The best striker regens tend to be good at absolutely everything; you rarely see striker regens that are pure Advanced Forwards the way you have IRL; players like Icardi, Cavani or Trezeguet for example, who are elite at what they do but not quite on GOAT level. IRL, these guys dedicated themselves to scoring goals. In FM, they all become Complete Forwards who can play anywhere and make your defence miserable in every way possible. They're just more or less good at it. :p FM also had this where exceptional FBs tend to be physical beasts but not quite the best technicians unless they were born as WBs or have a wealth of PA to spend into being actually good with the ball. It has been pointed out in the past in other threads though, so it's not news.

Edited by BMNJohn