CAF Champions League Qualification

kb1000

Hi All,

Ive been using a few custom league databases from north africa such as Egypt and Morocco. However Ive noticed that the custom league databases only allow the winners of each league to go to the CAF champions league- in reality the top two from each league qualifies.

I wanted some assistance on how to alter this on the advanced rules on the fm editor.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.

Ive just realised something else.

I thought the issue was only affecting the african custom league databases but the south african league which comes as a pre-installed league on the game only has one team that qualifies for the caf champions league from the league positions.

I dont know if the SI have overlooked this. 

9 minutes ago, kb1000 said:

Thank you for your assistance.

Ive just realised something else.

I thought the issue was only affecting the african custom league databases but the south african league which comes as a pre-installed league on the game only has one team that qualifies for the caf champions league from the league positions.

I dont know if the SI have overlooked this. 

Probably. You can change all this with new continental rules. How this works in africa?  Fixed number of teams per country every year?

3 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Probably. You can change all this with new continental rules. How this works in africa?  Fixed number of teams per country every year?

I believe its been fixed like this for a while- 2 teams from each of the highest ranked countries ( there is a CAF 5 year ranking).

2 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Add continental rules, set continent, add nations to the list, add teams to teams list.

After that add cups and try to test your rules.

Thanks for information. Ive had a read through from the link you showed me but this is for creating a new continental cup completely. What im looking to do is just change how many teams can qualify from an existing competition in the game i.e CAF champions league

Thanks again

23 minutes ago, kb1000 said:

**What im looking to do is just change how many teams can qualify to an existing competition in the game i.e CAF champions league**

Qualification system for every continent is hardcoded. Cant change that.

14 hours ago, kb1000 said:

oh ok understood. Thank you. Hopefully on the next FM SI can alter this.

You can create the competition again from scratch in the editor, removing the existing competions entirely.

15 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Qualification system for every continent is hardcoded. Cant change that.

15 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

No-this is 15 years old request and still without any progress.

Is this about the coefficients, or do I understand you wrong?

4 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Is this about the coefficients, or do I understand you wrong?

Yeah but i think there is no way to change that screen in game for every continent, right? Only if they changed this in last version - im not so active in last 2 years so im not sure.

47 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Yeah but i think there is no way to change that screen in game for every continent, right? Only if they changed this in last version - im not so active in last 2 years so im not sure.

No change.

1 minute ago, Wolf_pd said:

No change.

You can change this with workaround as i did here:

Qualification panel is changed with added picture :) I created that picture in excel and just changed some panel settings.

I will give it a thought. Problem another thing to add to the growing list of Iron Curtain things. Which is odd, since I thought I was close to finishing it...

28 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

I will give it a thought. Problem another thing to add to the growing list of Iron Curtain things. Which is odd, since I thought I was close to finishing it...

Its always like this when you have big projects.

15 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I'm curious about what you are seeing, because the top two teams from the league qualify for the CAF champion's league for me. 

I started a file selecting the south african league which is a pre-installed league on the game (version of game 20.4) and only one team goes to the champions league and the runners up to the confederation cup.

What version of the game did you load up your file with?

5 hours ago, kb1000 said:

I started a file selecting the south african league which is a pre-installed league on the game (version of game 20.4) and only one team goes to the champions league and the runners up to the confederation cup.

What version of the game did you load up your file with?

Well when I was checking that I had an editor file loaded, but it had not touched the CAF champion's league. It does indeed say this in the qualification rules, but if you look at the preliminary round (and first round depending on the league) you will find teams do get two qualifiers. At least I did when I looked yesterday. It is odd. 

1 hour ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Well when I was checking that I had an editor file loaded, but it had not touched the CAF champion's league. It does indeed say this in the qualification rules, but if you look at the preliminary round (and first round depending on the league) you will find teams do get two qualifiers. At least I did when I looked yesterday. It is odd. 

you'right when you start the game there are two teams per country already present in the competition but for the following season its showing there only be one.

On my save in-game when I go to the rules for the south african league it shows one team for champions league and one for the confederation- this is reflecting on league table as well. strange..

Its definitely hard coded by SI.

I started another file with a south african team using the base update (i.e. before 20.3 and 20.4). Once i started the file there were 2 teams each to qualify for the champions league and confederation cup.

Just prior to the season actually starting towards the end of August it reverted to one team each.  The league table only showed two qualification slots. Bizarre

Hopefully can be fixed at some point. 

• 1 year later...
On 04/05/2020 at 18:28, kb1000 said:

Its definitely hard coded by SI.

I started another file with a south african team using the base update (i.e. before 20.3 and 20.4). Once i started the file there were 2 teams each to qualify for the champions league and confederation cup.

Just prior to the season actually starting towards the end of August it reverted to one team each.  The league table only showed two qualification slots. Bizarre

Hopefully can be fixed at some point. 

Did you find any solution to have 2 teams qualify to CAF Champions league from every nation ??