The Youth Intake Annual Preview

Each year the email comes from the Head of your youth development letting you know about the early assessment of your youth team intake for the coming year…

Comments such as:

·         “One of our defensive midfielders has the potential to go far”

·         “There is an attacking midfielder we should keep a very close eye on”

·          “At least one of our goalkeepers looks like a great prospect”.

For me – Getting a wonderkid through the youth academy and then training them etc is the best part of the game.

What would be the best description to get? Is there a description basically saying you have a world class youngster coming through your academy?

49 minutes ago, jamie_B_105 said:

Each year the email comes from the Head of your youth development letting you know about the early assessment of your youth team intake for the coming year…

Comments such as:

·         “One of our defensive midfielders has the potential to go far”

·         “There is an attacking midfielder we should keep a very close eye on”

·          “At least one of our goalkeepers looks like a great prospect”.

For me – Getting a wonderkid through the youth academy and then training them etc is the best part of the game.

What would be the best description to get? Is there a description basically saying you have a world class youngster coming through your academy?

there's nothing certain in youth intakes so no 'best description' guarantee wonderkid(s). Personally, and I can't stress this enough - STOP CARING ABOUT YOUTH INTAKE DESCRIPTIONS AND INTAKE STARS. Sign all youth, develop them till 18 and then decide if they' are worth keeping/loaning/playing. Eventually release these with fickle/unambitious personalities and go on.

I don't even bother reading it any more and just let the staff decide who to sign. I've never seen a really positive message that I know of and all the youth players I've ever seen come through seem pretty terrible. I've had one that's borderline first team quality in 8 seasons of my latest save.

To be honest, I understand why Mourinho ignores young players. They're all dross, better to sign established players.

I don't get the obsession the FM community has with young players. Sign established players in the 21-24 years bracket as you can see how good they are and you get them for their best years with less risk.

22 horas atrás, busngabb disse:

I don't even bother reading it any more and just let the staff decide who to sign. I've never seen a really positive message that I know of and all the youth players I've ever seen come through seem pretty terrible. I've had one that's borderline first team quality in 8 seasons of my latest save.

To be honest, I understand why Mourinho ignores young players. They're all dross, better to sign established players.

I don't get the obsession the FM community has with young players. Sign established players in the 21-24 years bracket as you can see how good they are and you get them for their best years with less risk.

To each their own :) both FM players and real life managers. I'm also on the "love for young development" side and to me it's the best part of developing a club culture --- as well as the satisfaction of seeing a young prospect becoming a fantastic player, step by step, year after year, a collaboration between your knowledge and experience with his work and determination.

I've been doing quite well with the youth players that came through my youth system at Malmo. Currently got 2 strikers and a centre mid in my first team all getting bids 10x their value and performing well for me. Haven't had the golden generation message yet.

IMO I get more excited by the comment of "one of the best players of their generation". Golden generation is relative to your team.

1 hour ago, Grifty said:

I've been doing quite well with the youth players that came through my youth system at Malmo. Currently got 2 strikers and a centre mid in my first team all getting bids 10x their value and performing well for me. Haven't had the golden generation message yet.

IMO I get more excited by the comment of "one of the best players of their generation". Golden generation is relative to your team.

I have never had anything but disappointment with my previous intakes so I am getting cautiously excited about this one!

I recently had a "golden generation" which turned out to be very disappointing. I think it does not indicate a strong generation in terms of players maximum potential but more about the numbers of players with decent potential.

In my case, I had 4-5 players with solid potential but none of them were good enough to make the team in the dutch first division when developed.

Edited by gordonzolar