Will my team be able to pass their way to world domination?

Final revision of the 3-1-4-2.

Yes, It have been a while, long time no see. I have been playing rather slow. Summer have arrived and the things that follows with that. Heat, ice-cream etc. TLDR; Playing time have dropped.

Results have been good, after som intial adjustments to the original tactic. The opening tactic had those TI's:

CrjA5Rm.jpg?1

The reasoning for them was covered here. The new one are similar, the style stays roughly the same, just some details have been changed up.

FqcwAbS.jpg

This is how they look now, small but simple changes. Firstly I removed dribble less simply because we needed more players to take on their man, especially after the first season in which we finished second, the reputation increased and we are now facing more cautious opponents. This will help us break them down.

Secondly I decreased the LOE for more space when we regain the possession, thus we can attack with greater urgency. Also the pressing is increased to the highest setting, which hopefully will make us regain the ball faster, when we now start the pressing, together with the lowered LOE which will increase our defensive compactness. The pressing will now be deadly when it kicks in.

If we take a closer look to the roles not that much have changed. If I remeber correctly the regular CM have been changed to a box to box midfielder. Which will offer more mobility, due to the BBMs tendency to both join attacks and defend. This is a role I wanted Y1 with Atletico Madrid but there was no suitable player, now on the other hand it was quite a few options.

•Box to box midfielder
· Very Mobile
‣ Will join attack
‣ Also make defensive contribution.
· Flexible, but demands a lot of stamina, suits young players.

After that the DLF on support was changed to a Pressing forward on attack duty, to gain more penetration. The DLFs was good for our possession game but paired with the false nine we lacked runs in behind at times, this way we can threaten opponents with more variety.

•Pressing forward
· Puts the team first.
‣ Loyal, by the name you can figure that he presses, a lot.
‣ Stretches opposition, moves into channels.
· Spearheads the attacks, with possession he acts similar to an advanced forward.

Lastly, I changed the covering defender to just defend like the other two.

This leads us to the league, which we WON!!

w5UtoV4.jpg

Key players was firstly Lemar, but only for 10 games, then he got a BAD injury and missed a lot of the remaining season. After Lemar got injured it really was Benjamin Sagnier, Antonio Carlos and Wilson who stepped up. Really impressive by Lemar to still get into the..

Team of the year, which overall was a good watch:

VIvoPmb.jpg

Mentality spread with the new roles.

VA-BAL
POS-VA-POS-POS
ATT
BAL-BAL-BAL
ATT

And some plays from the season:
Buildup around the left flank, move is also finished off from there.

c39e415829e66f53f239de907fa64247.gif

This one comes from the other side, F9 passes the BBM who scores with a great finish.

64fc0f70262cb0412bafeff4d17c6edc.gif

Actually an overhit pass from the left WMs, still reaches one of our players who fires it home.
bce5cc81bcc19d03304f712989d789b7.gif

DLP-rWMs-MEZa.

027e284136b52a7072e77e81e192a565.gif

EDIT: Attached .fmf

Djuicers 3-1-4-2.fmf

Edited by Djuicer

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Djuicer, I can't believe your 451 ( or 4141 dm wide as the game names it ) from the beginning of the thread doesn't get much more recognition. I'm playing as Maribor, my local club in Slovenia and buying only Slovenian players under 21 ( which you can guess doesn't make for much of a team ). I am playing some lovely football. Keeping track of my players' individual mentality is really the key in my players' positioning in defence and offense. Players stick together forming some nice and tight triangles. Because of players staying close to each other there's also some nice pressing on display. I will posts some gifs of the stuff I mentioned above as soon as I get to my laptop and actually learn how to make them 😂. I have scored goals so beautiful that I had to watch replays just to see them again 😂. I'm saying that if my "small" team can play so beautifully I can only imagine what top teams can do. Thanks, man

12 hours ago, Djuicer said:

@Punt
Thank you, looking forward to see the action!
I def. Liked the 4-1-4-1 (FM's name) most of the diffrent ones in this thread.

And of course I`m talking about version with Pressing Forward ( att ).

38 minutes ago, Punt said:

And of course I`m talking about version with Pressing Forward ( att ).

Yeah, It was better IMO. The TRQ was in theory what I wanted. In the game, not so much :(

the pfa made the team so much more effective.

Edited by Djuicer

On 24/05/2020 at 22:43, Djuicer said:

EDIT: The .fmf is now attatched. Feel free to try it out. But be aware, my team is extremly good, and players are moulded with PPMs for this. This is probably not gonna be effective for all teams or in all leagues.

Djuicer 4-2-3-1 JDP FINALmaybe.fmf 43.5 kB · 93 downloads

Hi, would this set up be able to work using a DLF(s) instead of a F9? F9 has actually worked well for me but it could prevent me from using really good strikers to the max of their ability. DLF(s) is more common among better strikers in the game, say Haaland, at least thats what I've noticed.

7 hours ago, KCHDD said:

Hi, would this set up be able to work using a DLF(s) instead of a F9? F9 has actually worked well for me but it could prevent me from using really good strikers to the max of their ability. DLF(s) is more common among better strikers in the game, say Haaland, at least thats what I've noticed.

I did not try it due to the diffrent approach, the F9 dribbles more while the dlf is instructed to hold the ball up. My thought was that it would slow the play down, but I did not try it so it might behave similar. The dlf is a great role and with a fitting player im sure it can work :)

edit Håland is fantastic, although I would prefer him cutting inside from the right, however then you probably need to change up a lot.

Edited by Djuicer

@DjuicerBeen following this thread and I've been using both versions of the 4123 (Home & Away), Both have been working an absolute treat and winning me league titles and cups. What tweaks would you make to your base version of the 4123 if you were going total attack to chase a goal or would you rather use the 4231 or the 3142 instead?

21 hours ago, FMSacchi said:

@DjuicerBeen following this thread and I've been using both versions of the 4123 (Home & Away), Both have been working an absolute treat and winning me league titles and cups. What tweaks would you make to your base version of the 4123 if you were going total attack to chase a goal or would you rather use the 4231 or the 3142 instead?

I would say it depends on your team. The 3-1-4-2 has two striker, which often gets you goals. But if you have better wingers 4-1-2-3 might suit you better, or a great am who can dominate in 4-2-3-1. I liked the last version of 4-1-2-3 best overall. The style and results was good imo :)

@Djuicer Love this thread. I have been playing using the original tweaked formation for most of my current season. We have been defensively strong, maintained possession and some really great movements with the ball and as a team. That said, we are just not scoring goals at all. 1 in 5 games we will score, but the rest are all slog matches, 0-0 for 75 minutes. 

Did you ever encounter this? You have a much stronger squad than I do, but still wondering if you had any stretches like this and what you did to mix things up or get some more goals.

6 hours ago, Djuicer said:

I would say it depends on your team. The 3-1-4-2 has two striker, which often gets you goals. But if you have better wingers 4-1-2-3 might suit you better, or a great am who can dominate in 4-2-3-1. I liked the last version of 4-1-2-3 best overall. The style and results was good imo :)

Thanks for your reply 😁 if you were to use the final version of your 4123 what would you tweak to make it more attacking to chase a goal but without moving away from the style of play you've implemented too much?

On 20/07/2020 at 15:08, 04texag said:

@Djuicer Love this thread. I have been playing using the original tweaked formation for most of my current season. We have been defensively strong, maintained possession and some really great movements with the ball and as a team. That said, we are just not scoring goals at all. 1 in 5 games we will score, but the rest are all slog matches, 0-0 for 75 minutes. 

Did you ever encounter this? You have a much stronger squad than I do, but still wondering if you had any stretches like this and what you did to mix things up or get some more goals.

Almost never, but if I found it rough to score my first change was most often the LOE. Sometimes width too. Narrower or wider, both worked at diffrent times. Pending on opponents setup.

On 20/07/2020 at 21:35, FMSacchi said:

Thanks for your reply 😁 if you were to use the final version of your 4123 what would you tweak to make it more attacking to chase a goal but without moving away from the style of play you've implemented too much?

Maybe trying to use true IFs down the wing? might ruin compactness though. Maybe move up to attacking? or make the fullbacks even more aggressive (attacking instead of support)

2 hours ago, Djuicer said:

Almost never, but if I found it rough to score my first change was most often the LOE. Sometimes width too. Narrower or wider, both worked at diffrent times. Pending on opponents setup.

Maybe trying to use true IFs down the wing? might ruin compactness though. Maybe move up to attacking? or make the fullbacks even more aggressive (attacking instead of support)

Thanks very much for the reply, The tactic has been phenomenal. I'm buying players to suit the 4123 so I didn't want to change to the 3142 or 4231 too often. I'll add a 3rd version of the 4123 and make the changes you suggest and I'll tweak as I go along

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll do something new here soon. Started a brand new save with a team that holds a fellow countryman of mine. We will play possession football and it will be more extreme than before. Or that is the aim anyway.