[FM 20] Brazil Real Life Expansion (6 Playable National Divisions - 896 teams)

Hi everybody,

I am a New Zealander that lives in Brazil and wanted to make an update for the Football Manager community. Just to clarify, I am fluent in Portuguese as I have lived here for a number of years, and so some of the code (round names) is written in Portuguese. The update is based on the FM Mundi FM 20 database file (all promotions/relegations current for this year) and so I have been editing it in FM 20 and making a few tweaks along the way. The Copa do Brasil uses the same format as real life and the state competitions are done in a lot of detail thanks to the Brazilian FM community. I have altered the structure of the Paulista 2nd (4th Division) and Paulista 2B (5th Division) of the state championships and added more teams to the Copa Paulista. It is a very comprehensive update that includes all under 20 national cups and under 20 state championships as well. Yesterday, while I was editing the file (hence the name Brasil Mundi UP Copa Paulista), I encountered a small error that has stopped the database from verifying. The error message states that Serie D (Division 4) could not find rules for division with 65 teams. There is supposed to be 68 teams in that division, and I have noticed while testing the file that in the second year of the database, the Serie Regional (Division 5) has 260 teams instead of 256. It seems it is robbing some teams from the fourth division. Can someone help me with this error, so that  can finish this update? I am sure that it will be a great quality Brazilian league update for the FM community. Thanks guys.

• jimdownunder changed the title to [FM 20] Brazil Real Life Expansion (6 Playable National Divisions - 896 teams)

Not my area of speciality this. However, coming in making legal threats doesn't really help much of anything does it? @Kurkieviski @adriano roberto

I would presume such a claim would need to be backed up by both SI and the relevant leagues/clubs/individuals represented in the edited data. I'm not well enough versed in the EULA/ToS to know if its even possible for you to have legal rights over any element of the FM database whether you've created it or not. It seems unlikely to me though. Apologies if I'm wrong.

Some of the claims you're making yourself raise a few questions so I'll see if I can find out more since its a questionable response at this stage. It would also be handy if you could clarify what it is of your work that's been copied. Our general rule is not to share/redistribute without agreement. So we need to know more.

5 minutes ago, santy001 said:

Not my area of speciality this. However, coming in making legal threats doesn't really help much of anything does it? @Kurkieviski @adriano roberto

I would presume such a claim would need to be backed up by both SI and the relevant leagues/clubs/individuals represented in the editor data. I'm not well enough versed in the EULA/ToS to know if its even possible for you to have legal rights over any element of the FM database whether you've created it or not. It seems unlikely to me though. Apologies if I'm wrong.

Some of the claims you're making yourself raise a few questions so I'll see if I can find out more since its a questionable response at this stage. It would also be handy if you could clarify what it is of your work that's been copied. Our general rule is not to share/redistribute without agreement. So we need to know more.

Even if it is quetionable that they have legal rights to the file, isn't it a rule here at the forum that you don't publish other peoples work or develop other peoples work without having permission from the original creator?

1 minute ago, Number seven said:

Even if it is quetionable that they have legal rights to the file, isn't it a rule here at the forum that you don't publish other peoples work or develop other peoples work without having permission from the original creator?

That is correct and that's why Santy says 

It would also be handy if you could clarify what it is of your work that's been copied. Our general rule is not to share/redistribute without agreement. So we need to know more.

Which is why I've asked for more information on what it is that has been copied because at this stage its just been a few legal threats which may very well have no merit. What in there has been copied? 

@Number seven I think I covered that point in the last couple of sentences of what you quoted. Hence why I said we need to know more.

Well I was generally referring to something in the way of evidence that demonstrates this.

Simply saying something doesn't provide a guarantee its true. Your claim may very well be true, but at this stage its one person has posted something and you're saying its yours. That's all fine and good, but we need to see proof. Presumably you have downloaded this and checked it over and seen that its just your stuff right? So show us the things that let you understand its yours so we too can bask in the enlightenment. 

I don't understand Portuguese, when I go searching online the vast majority of stuff naturally coming up about Brazilian FM database changes is in Portuguese. You're going to have to help us out.

28 minutes ago, santy001 said:

I would presume such a claim would need to be backed up by both SI and the relevant leagues/clubs/individuals represented in the edited data. I'm not well enough versed in the EULA/ToS to know if its even possible for you to have legal rights over any element of the FM database whether you've created it or not. It seems unlikely to me though. Apologies if I'm wrong.

They're selling their Brazil db update to subscribers on Facebook which is a breach of the EULA. Obviously they have no legal rights to speak of here; no matter how wronged they feel they shouldn't be profiteering from the FM database.

At this time the files have been removed from the forums.

I would also advise you do carefully read the EULA moving forward as well considering what you can and cannot do and claim in regards to edited databases. Relevant details will be passed on accordingly. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...