FM20: Top Must Buys

ultrAslan

2 hours ago, smogfart said:

They differ every save, I find it boring signing the same players on different saves 

Agree !! nothing more boring then seeing saves with the same 5 players lol the hidden gems page s way more fun 

I don't really have must buys. Depends on the club and nation I'm managing in. I find it really boring to always buy the Haalands, Mbappes and Sanchos of this world like everyone else does for every team. It also shows very little creativity tbh, as good as they are.

De Ligt

Tonali

Mbappe

I personally think Kristoffer Ajer is the best value signing on the game though. FM20's version of Van Dyke imo, being way too good for Celtic and inevitably joining a top class team and becoming one of the best centre backs on the game. I only paid 14.75 million for him, he's my captain and I wouldn't replace him with any other centre back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You need the Polish league loaded but Karol Fila is a must buy, exceptional RB for the price. I also vouch for Nohan Kenneh, Marash Kumbulla, Josko Gvardiol, Tamar Svetlin (Slovenian league loaded) and Tim Prica (Swedish league loaded). I could quite easily say Florentino Luis, Sebastiano Esposito, Adam Hlozek (£60k!) and Naci Unuvar too but everyone knows about them, I'm sure!

Less so a must-buy but I have had two Everton saves this year, one pre-patch and one post-patch and Dominic Calvert-Lewin is phenomenal on both. On paper he looks pretty average but the fact he is an aerial threat with decent height makes him very meta on the FM20 match engine - which is why Esposito and Haaland are also so good.

I will throw Myron Boadu into the mix too but he's a very hit and miss forward for the expenditure, I think the 'tries to lob the keeper' trait is a hindrance to his potency in front of goal. On one save I couldn't get him to grasp placing his shots for the life of me and these inconsistencies continued whereas on my AZ save, once I had trained places shots on him, he was much better.

3. N Kenneh from Leeds on a free (tribunal) - 16yr old beast of a CDM who, given the right Developement, will eventually become world class in the game.

2. Reguilon from Real Madrid on a free - If you're looking for a bargain left back you can snap this guy in season 20-21, offering him a contract half way through 19-20. After one season Arsenal offered 54m for him.

1. Mbappe - need I say more?

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/06/2020 at 14:26, ShaunG95 said:

Tim Prica

Lol nice, I wasn't expecting to see his name in here! I signed him for Man Utd 1st season because he looked decent but I only bought him to improve my under 23's, could he make it in the first team?!

I bought Gvardiol and Kenneh too! I loaned Gvardiol out to Nottingham Forest but will give him some game time this season.

I was actually searching the forums for feedback on Esposito. I can sign him now for 20m, is he worth it? This will be for season 2.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

15 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Lol nice, I wasn't expecting to see his name in here! I signed him for Man Utd 1st season because he looked decent but I only bought him to improve my under 23's, could he make it in the first team?!

I bought Gvardiol and Kenneh too! I loaned Gvardiol out to Nottingham Forest but will give him some game time this season.

I was actually searching the forums for feedback on Esposito. I can sign him now for 20m, is he worth it? This will be for season 2.

Potentially mate but for a team like Man Utd, he'd be more of a rotation option mate - I have a screenshot of him at his peak in another thread somewhere, he's still very good when you train him from the start.

Both of them are potentially class, both capable of reaching Ruben Dias/Milan Skriniar level of quality when fully developed.

I would do yeah, Esposito develops into a class striker irrespective of save because of his aerial presence and the fact he is so well rounded as a striker.

Cheers.

I think Prica will be one where I make profit from him, I can't see him breaking into the first team tbh. Great little player I would imagine for mid table sides, but maybe not quite good enough for me going forward. He only cost me 850k so I think I'll be loaning him out for a while.

Yeah I have high hopes for both but especially Gvardiol, I bought another two young CB's in Eduardo Quaresma and Benoit Badiashile but I don't think I need all three so will be moving those two on. I'm also currently trying to decide whether to bring Dias in or not for his 52m release clause. 

I signed Esposito in the end, I was targeting a top striker in this window, either Haaland or Martinez but decided to bring in a backup to Greenwood as he's just insane already at 18. Esposito will get a decent amount of games though I'm sure.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

The Anderlecht duo of Jérémy Doku and Belgium international Yari Verschaeren are great pick-ups for quite small fees. I recently won a sort-of treble (Bundesliga, Europa League and DFB-Pokal) with FC St. Pauli in 2023 with a side I got playing an attacking 4231, Verschaeren and Doku both in the first eleven. If you want to perhaps not always buy the same players, these two are great options who will also turn into great players.

Pedro Álvaro from Benfica is another reasonably popular name who will turn into a great centre half. 

Parfait Guiagon is one excellent little player. Perhaps just shy of world-class, but incredibly effective & versatile (he has the attributes to play anywhere across the front line, in central midfield and even as an attacking wing-back) and has the potential to captain your side in the future with his quite decent leadership qualities.

Perhaps most people are aware of him already, but Jean-Clair Todibo is a must-buy who, similarly to Kristoffer Ajer, can play centrally anywhere from central defense to central midfield. Also should have a low release clause.

Kristian Dobrev will not turn into an elite player, but he has the attributes to be a good squad player up to a starter for CL sides in the Top 6. 

Merih Demiral is probably not going to start at Juventus at the start of the game and you may be able to pry him away from there. If you can, he is a great old-school defender.

Amine Gouiri will develop into a guaranteed star striker. If you can get him from Lyon, he will practically sort your CF position out for the next 10 years.

Dejan Joveljic from Frankfurt will also develop into a good to elite level striker. I think his starting level is suited for mid table clubs upwards but he can slot into just about any team honestly.

Edited by Adonalsium

I played a few saves with Haaland, Zaniolo, Bastoni, Tomiyasu.

For smaller clubs, I've had really great luck with Dragowski, Itter, R. Pizarro, Occasionally I'll find it beneficial to sign J. Rodriguez on a free.

8 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

Can’t believe no one has mentioned Matias Arezo. Best young player I’ve managed on this years game, with Esposito close second. 

I signed Arezo for Milan but never played him.