It doesn't matter the strength of the club.

22 minutes ago, ATW said:

This.  So much this.  It won't always work, and many times it hasn't for me but it did... literally just now, I went from 4-4-1-1 (2DM/2WB is the second 4).  That went down to 4-4-1-0 in the 60th minute...

image.thumb.png.4188e2affba83568191684ae5525b530.png

This is exactly what I'm saying: The game has decided that the opponent will score a goal from his one shot. In this match any tactic is irrelevant, as is the strength of the opponent or the form of the players. I think, that the game just randomly decided that the opponent will score, nothing more. 

Edited by Hunkut

Just now, Hunkut said:

This is exactly what I'm saying: The game has decided that the opponent will score a goal from a his only one shot. In this match any tactic is irrelevant, as is the strength of the opponent or the form of the players. I think, that the game just randomly decided that the opponent will score, nothing more. 

I'm the guy who scored the goal with the only shot...

3 minutes ago, ATW said:

I'm the guy who scored the goal with the only shot...

So I say, that you are lucker. I am of the opinion that in such matches it is just about luck and not about tactics. This style may work in some matches in FM, but in real football, such a style of play quickly found  opponents and quickly ended, when the team  stopped being lucky in the matches. And from the lucky results for example 1: 0, 1: 1 was 0: 3, 0: 4, 1: 5 and so on.

Edited by Hunkut

13 minutes ago, jozza800 said:

It's this sort of one and one chance that is being missed time after time. I honestly cant remmeber the last time I scored one of these.

Here, I think that the creation of chances is influenced by tactics and commands to players how to play, for example, in the middle formation. I say, creating of the chances is about tactics and instructions to players. 

Goal scoring and efficiency of goal scoring is with sections on player interviews and motivation before match after match, in half time,  but also training, and it is also decide by the game who wil scored goal and who not.

Edited by Hunkut

8 hours ago, Svenc said:

[...]

Well written! This is a must-read post for all the "but my team had 69 shots, there's no way I should of lost that match!" posters.

4 hours ago, Federico said:

Sometimes it's true, some tactic setup is an abomynious, but I also think that the vast majority of Football Manager players play this game because they have an at least little knowledge of football.

Being a football fan does absolutely not mean you will automatically understand Football Manager. The amount of time one can spend just studying tactics, is ludicrous. The whole tactical creator is one big, overly complicated puzzle. Team Mentality, Individual Mentality, Team Instructions, Player Instructions, Roles, Duties, Player Traits... Give that to Guardiola and I'm sure he wouldn't know where to begin. If you want to truly understand the tactical creator, you have to do a lot of reading and guide watching, just being knowledgeable about football is definitely not enough.

Your average Football Manager player is actually ridiculously bad at tactics. If you want proof, just watch some streams or read some "why is this tactic not working" threads. You even have content creators, who play this game for a living, that struggle with anything other than chucking it on Attacking, selecting a bunch of instructions that sound good and hoping it sticks. Obviously, being good at tactics is not the only way of achieving success in this game, but once the struggle hits, you start seeing these "AI is cheating!" threads.

On the other hand though, you have players like Rashidi, who somehow never seem to struggle and I wonder why that is. Could it be that the game actually isn't "broken" and they're just incredibly knowledgeable at tactics?

1 hour ago, Hunkut said:

This is exactly what I'm saying: The game has decided that the opponent will score a goal from his one shot. In this match any tactic is irrelevant, as is the strength of the opponent or the form of the players. I think, that the game just randomly decided that the opponent will score, nothing more. 

The game doesn't decide anything like that. There's some fundamental misconceptions in your view that are objectively incorrect, but his thread isn't really constructive as you're not interested in being open to anyone who doesn't share your point so it might as well close, there's plenty of interesting points in here to read should you be so inclined