How do I force my players to adopt a second nationality?

Incredibly frustrating having an English player at my Indian club for the 6 years required to be eligible and he hasn't ever went and got citizenship so I have an extra foreign space for the Asian's Champions League :( 

If it happens in European clubs to allow for them to get around the foreign player rule set, then surely it should be able to happen for my club? :D

Is there no option to suggest for them to adopt a second nationality?

Plus he would really help out the national team as well for a couple of years before he retires.

34 minutes ago, markyosullivan said:

Incredibly frustrating having an English player at my Indian club for the 6 years required to be eligible and he hasn't ever went and got citizenship so I have an extra foreign space for the Asian's Champions League :( 

If it happens in European clubs to allow for them to get around the foreign player rule set, then surely it should be able to happen for my club? :D

Plus he would really help out the national team as well for a couple of years before he retires.

Different countries have different laws on citizenship, and this is represented in Football Manager. In India, dual citizenship is pretty much impossible, meaning the player would have to renounce his British citizenship (and therefore his automatic right to ever move back to Britain - he'd be treated like any other Indian!). Players in FM will never do that so he won't apply for citizenship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_nationality_law#Dual_Citizenship

1 hour ago, markyosullivan said:

Most Asian leagues are very tight on foreign player registration and it exists to prevent these leagues being filled with foreign players. European leagues are much lax in this regard due to the European Union concept so there is more European players moving around the continent to play. If u do not want to abide by the rules u can always use the editor to change the nationality of the players. But there is nothing that SI can do to change the rules in real life.