FIFA club world cup is a big joke

Hello

After I have played the CL final my players go on holliday until july the 2 nd despite I enter the FIFA club world cup june 21 st ???

Straigt from the beaches and sunbeds and without any kind of preperation/training my unfit players travel to Sweden to play the FIFA club world cup. 

I know players have had a long season and they need a well deserved break. Could it be possible to have a week trainlng and a friendly match as pre FIFA World club cup preparatiion.

After the world cup we go straight to preseason.

We played all 5 mathces in the same city but stil we traveled the day before and after the match. 

I had the same issue, somehow qualified for it after losing the Champions League final (although did win Europa League 3 years after so felt a bit more worthy) and noticed it was 4 years away.

We had 4 years notice that this was going to be played yet our players still went on holiday. We came back and our 1st game was against Barcelona, after 15 minutes, all of my players were at 60-70%, I managed to beat them and rotated for the 2nd game but as the games come thick and fast, my team were blowing. We did go on to win it through absolute luck but in the future, if I ever get there and this issue isn't fixed (is it a bug?) then I'll just **** it off unless I have a huge squad. 

It should be fixed that the players can have a 2 week break after the season finishes, then back to training for 2 weeks prior to it starting. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Lyngby said:

Can the FIFA club world cup/holliday issue be fixed

Have you reported it in the bugs section following the guidelines?

The whole tournament is just terrible imo. I want my holiday to be full of scouting and transfer thoughts and dealings. I just want to lose the two group matches so I can get rid of it, but the opposition is usually so rubbish that it takes some serious throwing, i.e moving your defenders up the pitch etc. I know that wasn't the point of the thread but I've just gone through this tournament and wanted to vent.

5 minutes ago, Norfair said:

The whole tournament is just terrible imo. I want my holiday to be full of scouting and transfer thoughts and dealings. I just want to lose the two group matches so I can get rid of it, but the opposition is usually so rubbish that it takes some serious throwing, i.e moving your defenders up the pitch etc. I know that wasn't the point of the thread but I've just gone through this tournament and wanted to vent.

Well, you have to complain to FIFA, I guess. It's their latest attempt at creating a new money printer...

On 19/04/2020 at 07:54, Lyngby said:

Hello

After I have played the CL final my players go on holliday until july the 2 nd despite I enter the FIFA club world cup june 21 st ???

Straigt from the beaches and sunbeds and without any kind of preperation/training my unfit players travel to Sweden to play the FIFA club world cup. 

I know players have had a long season and they need a well deserved break. Could it be possible to have a week trainlng and a friendly match as pre FIFA World club cup preparatiion.

After the world cup we go straight to preseason.

We played all 5 mathces in the same city but stil we traveled the day before and after the match. 

I have just had this and i arranged a friendly 6 days before the tournament started and it brought my players back from their holiday automatically

On 09/05/2020 at 11:45, cris182 said:

I have just had this and i arranged a friendly 6 days before the tournament started and it brought my players back from their holiday automatically

I can not arrange a friendly match until my players are back from holliday july 2nd and the tournament starts june 16th.

I qualified winning the champions league the same year the CWC was on - my players didn't even get to have a holiday so I didn't reach this problem yet. Is this tournament now replacing the defunct Confederations Cup slot or something? I think it is potentially cool just need to organise better holidaying scheduling.

I have now been in two of these tournaments and both times my players returned in time and i was able to arrange a friendly a few times before it started to get sharpness back

Playing the english league in case that makes a difference 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

everyone in holiday, no training and 60% of my team in the U21 euros...only have 12 players to go to each game and the games are like every other day. this is an absolute joke, if they didn't prepare to have the competition at all it would be better not to have it in the game.

26 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

Treat it like a pre-season friendly competition. It isn't really taken seriously in Europe I don't think...

it hasnt happened yet in real life, i think it has everything to be a valuble competition(unlike it has been with the current format), it's like a real world cup but for clubs. 

regardless of how much prestige it will have it's absurd how it is set up in the game. 

This would be a great competition, but the not being allowed to train during it, so players don't even recover after games they just get more and more tired is a disaster. I love that I get some extra games to relearn the tactics, it's like a head start on preseason. Or it could be if the training aspect wasn't bugged.

Also the travel despite playing in the same city is a pretty big bug too.

Edited by Joey Numbaz

I just ran into this as well. The squad size is not that big either -- 23 players -- so there's no way to rotate everyone. I ended up starting a guy at 78%. I've heard that people make too much of the condition rating, but this seems too much. I wish I had brought more young players rather than my starters. No one seems to care how I do anyway. It was one game where I was very happy to have the "Instant result" button on my skin.

Good shout OP, that was annoying. I 'qualified' for 2025 and was caught a bit/a lot of guard.

Wait till you get to 2024. With the Euros, Copa America, and the Olympics I didn't field a full side or get them all together for a single training session till after the season had started. I was using u23s/u18s for the friendlies, and some of my players played in two competitions, it was crap.

Edited by CaptCanuck

Got to 2040 on a save began at the start of lockdown in March, no badges, no experience

Huelva, Villarreal, Barca, Liverpool, Dortmund, Ajax, Spurs.... plenty of trophies and a few World Cups with Brazil but never ever did we win the Club World Cup

72% fitness after back and forth on the plane . Nightmare