Setting up Youth Leagues and Youth Cups with prize money: Help please!

Fr05ty

Spoiler

I'm trying to create the Mongolian League Structure as it is in real life but I hit a snag with one of the first things I could've: Season Update Day, Season Start Date and Season End Date.

It probably sounds really stupid, but the key dates that make me wonder what the Season Start Date & Season End Date should be are the Qualifying rounds of the AFC Champions League since Mongolian teams could get drawn in and have a match on the 10th of January, but the Final can be as late as the 5th of December. Mongolian national competitions last from April to November, with the transfer window being from October 15th to January 15th. I've decided on the Season Update Day to be on the 10th of December as that's after all competitions should be finished and would give some time within the transfer window with the updated reputation.

Ideally I'd start the season on the 5th of January and end it on the 8th of December, but this breaks FM rules since a season has to be 11 months or shorter.

What happens if I set the Season Start Date in March and the Season End Date in December? If I qualify for the AFC Champions League and get slotted into qualifying on the 10th of January, I'd be unable to field a squad since the season hasn't started yet, right? I could really use some help with how this works.

Is the Season Start Date the date when players report back to training after their end of season break? Is the Season End Date the date when players go on holidays?

I just need some clarification on what happens if you qualify for a competition that has stages that fall outside of the Season Start/End Date. Don't want to get games scheduled and all the players be on holidays.

Thanks!!

I'll keep going & updating this with new issues as they come up.

Current issue is how to make youth leagues and youth cups that award prize money.

I'm now doing the Youth Leagues and Youth Cups. Mongolia has both U19 and U16 competitions, but for the game I'll only be doing the U19 ones since U16 is outside the scope of FM.

In Mongolia's case, this is composed of an U19 Championship which works as a straight knockout Cup and an U19 League (I'm modifying this so that each division has its own U19 league so it makes a bit more sense in the future).

I'd like the U19 Leagues to have their teams be promoted/demoted based on their performance instead of the first team's performance. Think this works if I just use the "Mirror Main Division", however they should also get some prize money (trust me, in Mongolia this is a big thing). How can I setup those competitions to give prize money? Or do I need to create new reserve divisions manually (instead of the automatically generated ones from the Advanced Editor) and add them?

The big issue is the U19 Championship, as it's meant to be an U19 cup grabbing 32 U19 teams, straight knockout with single legs at each stage and prize money for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed teams. I've done all this, set it up with Type: "Reserve Cup", and I see it in the "Competitions" section of Mongolia in the Advanced Editor, however I can't see it in-game and I don't see it listed in the list of competitions.

Any idea on how to manage those 2 things? I've uploaded the editor file in case it helps

Another issue I'm probably going to find is that the team with the best Fair Play record (so fewest bookings & sendings off) gets a bonus of prize money. Is this something that can be done in the game?

Mongolia modified.fmf

Edited by Fr05ty

The competition start and end date determine the period the competition is run. So for your start and enddates you only need to set April and November (with specific dates obviously there).

Since the Mongolian competition is finished in November and the Champion is known then, AFC CL can pick the correct team by the time the CL starts.

Moving season start date and end date will only stretch your Mongolian competition over a longer period, which would not be the reallife situation anymore.

Not sure if you can set a set time where holidays are allowed, because that's probably what you are really after.

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick.

I'm now doing the Youth Leagues and Youth Cups. Mongolia has both U19 and U16 competitions, but for the game I'll only be doing the U19 ones since U16 is outside the scope of FM.

In Mongolia's case, this is composed of an U19 Championship which works as a straight knockout Cup and an U19 League (I'm modifying this so that each division has its own U19 league so it makes a bit more sense in the future).

I'd like the U19 Leagues to have their teams be promoted/demoted based on their performance instead of the first team's performance. Think this works if I just use the "Mirror Main Division", however they should also get some prize money (trust me, in Mongolia this is a big thing). How can I setup those competitions to give prize money? Or do I need to create new reserve divisions manually (instead of the automatically generated ones from the Advanced Editor) and add them?

The big issue is the U19 Championship, as it's meant to be an U19 cup grabbing 32 U19 teams, straight knockout with single legs at each stage and prize money for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed teams. I've done all this, set it up with Type: "Reserve Cup", and I see it in the "Competitions" section of Mongolia in the Advanced Editor, however I can't see it in-game and I don't see it listed in the list of competitions.

Any idea on how to manage those 2 things? I've uploaded the editor file in case it helps

Another issue I'm probably going to find is that the team with the best Fair Play record (so fewest bookings & sendings off) gets a bonus of prize money. Is this something that can be done in the game?

Mongolia modified.fmf

Edited by Fr05ty

@Wolf_pd Have you ever added youth leagues and a youth cup to a nation and given them prize money?

Think this is the last thing I'm missing for the Mongolia DB to be ready and publishable. I might have to add some funky registration rules and other prize money for stages in regular competitions, but that much I can do just fine.