How to push stronger opponents back

First of all I've been watching some of @Rashidi's videos on his Youtube channel and I can only express admiration for how he "read" the field and the opponent. 

I've started a save with my favourite club, Sporting CP (commonly called Sporting Lisbon) and decided to try to use some of the knowledge I adquired from the videos.
First of all I checked my Pros and Cons, the players I have and came out with this tactic:

4-1-2-3_DM_Wide.thumb.png.455602e0e44b382b724a6e327433cd2e.png

Then I schedule an "heavy" pre-season with really good/strong opponents to test my approach:
pre_season1920.thumb.png.3bee1ebe2848f396f00c0391c0df8bcd.png

Between games i changed the Out Of Possession, In Transition or In Possession accordingly to how the opponent behaved on the pitch (always in 2D) and this were the results:
pre_season1920_done.thumb.png.8b00cfaa2302f4244556578d96bc5757.png

I think I got great results but I only have two questions (number 2 is the most important one):

1. What do you think about the tactic roles in general?
  2. When the opponent team is stronger than me and they push me back, I simply pushed both my own engagement and defensive line up and started to use Pass Into Space. You think it's a good approach when I play better teams? It worked well with Man Utd but not so good with Dortmund for example.

Best regards and good games,

Arel