Youth player poached?

Can someone please tell me wtf is this? The player doesn't even show in the game, so i can't offer him a contract but Everton can?

It's the second time in a couple of weeks this happens, first it was a PA 5* player and now this one. 

José Carlos Paulo_ Recebidas.png

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, new thing in FM20. Nothing you can do about it, and your club can do it as well to lower rated teams. It's a player you should have gotten in a future youth intake, but another team stole from you. It's the game's way of simulating junior players being poached in real life as well.

My youth intake is only in April, in March they give me an idea of what to expect. I'm on my fifth season with Bolton, so far i only got shi* players with 2* PA maximum. Shouldn't i be allowed to at least try to keep him? 

Edited by CountVladimir

18 minutes ago, CountVladimir said:

My youth intake is only in April, in March they give me an idea of what to expect. I'm on my fifth season with Bolton, so far i only got shi* players with 2* PA maximum. Shouldn't i be allowed to at least try to keep him? 

I don't believe it is a new thing as i have had it happen in earlier versions both for and against me 

Also a 2 star player can be a very handy player if you use him correctly 

4 minutes ago, cris182 said:

I don't believe it is a new thing as i have had it happen in earlier versions both for and against me 

Also a 2 star player can be a very handy player if you use him correctly 

Yes, a 2* player can be very handy in lower divisions but not very handy in the PL. From my first year i only have 3 or 4 players and they don't even go to bench. I need to ask the board to upgrade the youth facilitys.

3 hours ago, Bielsa1975 said:

If hes good enough sign him to a pro contract on youth day

He gets poached before he even enters the game mate ;-), as stated in very first post - a contract cannot be offered 

Edited by Danielfc

12 minutes ago, Danielfc said:

He gets poached before he even enters the game mate ;-), as stated in very first post - a contract cannot be offered 

Yes but the player got brought in real life  a day before the game came out 

• JordanMilly changed the title to Youth player poached?
35 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

Yes but the player got brought in real life  a day before the game came out 

You are wrong, This a member of the youth intake being poached before he reaches the point that the OP can do anything

It is not a real player in the sense of he exists in real life to be transferred

1 hour ago, cris182 said:

You are wrong, This a member of the youth intake being poached before he reaches the point that the OP can do anything

It is not a real player in the sense of he exists in real life to be transferred

But when you question something on here ,isnt real life the standard response ?

10 hours ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

this has always been in game, the only difference is it tells you it happened. before you had to look in that youth players history

I don't remember seeing this before, i've signed a lot of players and lost others after they show ingame. Now losing players and in this case two very promising ones without even nowing they existed is very unfair. They can poach my non existing players so how can i poach players that i don't see?

Edited by CountVladimir

26 minutes ago, CountVladimir said:

I don't remember seeing this before, i've signed a lot of players and lost others after they show ingame. Now losing players and in this case two very promising ones without even nowing they existed is very unfair. They can poach my non existing players so how can i poach players that i don't see?

By growing your youth recruitment and reputation. Bigger fish eat smaller fish.

PS: It has always been in there, you just didn't see it because there was no specific mention when it happened. 

Yeah, as others have already said this is a) the reality of how things work in football and b) has always been in the game. Now they highlight it more as part of the revamped youth development aspect, but there have always been academy regens coming through your system that have been either taken from affiliated clubs or outright poached from smaller teams.

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

By growing your youth recruitment and reputation. Bigger fish eat smaller fish.

PS: It has always been in there, you just didn't see it because there was no specific mention when it happened. 

Yeah if you have strong youth recruitment there's a chance you'll do this to other AI clubs, so it does work both ways. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah if you have strong youth recruitment there's a chance you'll do this to other AI clubs, so it does work both ways. 

A strong chance but no chance , ive got top youth recruitment , top youth training cant improve anything on it no more ,14 top youth coaches, im listed as the worlds top club , and im still waiting for a youth player above 3 stars , to say it works both ways is a lie ,AI to AI it maybe does but the game dont favour the human player one bit. In fact the game does everything it can to stop you.

23 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

A strong chance but no chance , ive got top youth recruitment , top youth training cant improve anything on it no more ,14 top youth coaches, im listed as the worlds top club , and im still waiting for a youth player above 3 stars , to say it works both ways is a lie ,AI to AI it maybe does but the game dont favour the human player one bit. In fact the game does everything it can to stop you.

A 3* player means they're good enough to be a regular starter for the best team in the world, one of the best in their position in the game, likely to win major trophies. That's a really, really good player. 4* for the best team in the world would make them one of the very best players in the world, and that's obviously not going to come through your academy very often at all.

2 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

A 3* player means they're good enough to be a regular starter for the best team in the world, one of the best in their position in the game, likely to win major trophies. That's a really, really good player. 4* for the best team in the world would make them one of the very best players in the world, and that's obviously not going to come through your academy very often at all.

No there not 3 stars when they join , they could be a 3star if they progess as they should in a few years , im not that lucky to get wonderkid youth team players like the AI teams seem to do with lower  youth academys unless i break the world record transfer fee for them.

38 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

So SI-staff tells you how it works and you claim they are lying? Why are you even here then?

3 minutes ago, Karnack said:

So SI-staff tells you how it works and you claim they are lying? Why are you even here then?

Im in my 12th season and im saying what i see in the game ,is that not allowed ? Or do we all have to sit here and say its wonderfull for fear of getting banned ? I didnt know he was si staff ,so hes hardly going to say its not is he ,and like he said theres a "chance" your club could do the same to AI , theres also a chance "you" could win the lottery mate ,so am i lying or his he lying ?

21 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

No there not 3 stars when they join , they could be a 3star if they progess as they should in a few years , im not that lucky to get wonderkid youth team players like the AI teams seem to do with lower  youth academys unless i break the world record transfer fee for them.

Trust me, the AI isn't getting 3* current ability youth prospects at the best teams in the world either. 3* potential is what I was talking about and is really, really good for those clubs. Just look at real life - how often do e.g. Real Madrid, Liverpool or Juventus get a home-grown player good enough to be in their starting XI? It's maybe once every five years or so at most.

1 minute ago, Bielsa1975 said:

Im in my 12th season and im saying what i see in the game ,is that not allowed ? Or do we all have to sit here and say its wonderfull for fear of getting banned ? I didnt know he was si staff ,so hes hardly going to say its not is he ,and like he said theres a "chance" your club could do the same to AI , theres also a chance "you" could win the lottery mate ,so am i lying or his he lying ?

I know he isn't lying nor do I think you are lying but you are frustrated which is common. But don't take it out on people calling them liars.

1 minute ago, Karnack said:

I know he isn't lying nor do I think you are lying but you are frustrated which is common. But don't take it out on people calling them liars.

Im not frustrated ,where did i call him a liar ? Like i said im just stating what happens in my game,and remember im not selling you that lottery ticket !!!

7 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Trust me, the AI isn't getting 3* current ability youth prospects at the best teams in the world either. 3* potential is what I was talking about and is really, really good for those clubs. Just look at real life - how often do e.g. Real Madrid, Liverpool or Juventus get a home-grown player good enough to be in their starting XI? It's maybe once every five years or so at most.

Well on my game city liverpool man u chelsea are getting them with the same stats as some of my 30million reserve players that can go out on loan to prem clubs straight away mine would be lucky to go to top end league 1 ,and please dont quote real life,because if you are can you find out where a championship club turns down 15million for a 16 year old only to sell him to city for 2.5 million ?like i say favours AI to AI

52 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

I'm in my fifth season with Real Zaragoza and I had a message we had poached a player from a team in Nigeria (I think) I don't have the world's best Youth Facilities etc...but it still happened. It's not going to happen every season but it does happen. I always haven't had any of my youth players poached...yet!!

2 minutes ago, Chesters86 said:

I'm in my fifth season with Real Zaragoza and I had a message we had poached a player from a team in Nigeria (I think) I don't have the world's best Youth Facilities etc...but it still happened. It's not going to happen every season but it does happen. I always haven't had any of my youth players poached...yet!!

But what stats is said player , im not saying it dont happen ,its just ive never seen it happen in my game ,like i said im top rated club in the world, all training facilities top class ,28 scouts all with 18+ stats, links with xamount of clubs around the world ,i have 12 youth coaches all top badged ,head of youth all stats 18+ his key stats all 20, my transfer budget 512million , then i look at city ,liverpool etc they have 1 youth coach !! And yet they still getting great youth players ,the only way i get them ,is to scroll through the youth intakes because my scouts arent doing there job and the head of youth isnt despite me letting him have full control of signings !! Hes not signed one , though he does sign crappy freebies for the u23 which i refuse all the time ,so yes it maybe does happen but is rare .the game favours AI to AI in everything ,were as the human player it does everything it can to hinder you.

Will give you an example ,birmingham city have a great 16 year old midfielder most of his stats are 13+ quite a few green stats ,his value is 250k , i bidded 5million, they wanted 44million ,i went up to 15million up front a further 5 mill in league starts, and 40% of any profit ,refused they sticking to 44 million +40% and extra for starts aswell ,4 days later he joins city for 2.5 million and it could go to 12.8 million( when it tells you in the news feed) so a player they value at 44million to the human but only 12.8 to the AI is a big difference in 3 days!! 

1 hour ago, Bielsa1975 said:

Well on my game city liverpool man u chelsea are getting them with the same stats as some of my 30million reserve players that can go out on loan to prem clubs straight away mine would be lucky to go to top end league 1 ,and please dont quote real life,because if you are can you find out where a championship club turns down 15million for a 16 year old only to sell him to city for 2.5 million ?like i say favours AI to AI

And when you scout them, do your scouts think they have better potential ability (at the time they're generated) than your own youth players? Even top end of League 1 at age 16 is pretty special - the players who manage that are often top prospects such as Theo Walcott, Gareth Bale or Dele Alli.

2 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

And when you scout them, do your scouts think they have better potential ability (at the time they're generated) than your own youth players? Even top end of League 1 at age 16 is pretty special - the players who manage that are often top prospects such as Theo Walcott, Gareth Bale or Dele Alli.

So what your are saying is real life again ,like i said before search google and find a transfer where a club turn down millions for a 16 year old but took peanuts instead !!!

On my game my head of youth development  is NOT doing his job despite him being better than all the premiership head of youth im paying him 35k a week to just sit there ,despite my club being the top rated club on FM and everything just as good and better than the same AI clubs who get great prospects year in year out ,and can you please stop quoting real life examples because the game is far from real life ,but real life is quoted just to hide the fact the AI favours AI 

Agents in real life get the player the best deal - on FM the agents get there player the worse deal 

Transfers- human club from AI club player worth 20million will cost human 140million - AI to AI around 40/60mjllion human to ai player value 50million your lucky to get anywhere near that after the player is unhappy after the first bid and whacks a request in ,but human can never get a player from AI team to be unhappy and make rest of his team mates unhappy 

I could rant on ,but the like i said everything on the game is designed to hinder the human player ,spending millions on youth set is pointless waste of cash as it does nothing to improve your youth ,its easier just to scan youth intake list and poach them yourself .

But hey so long as the ME can be improved each year we can just wallpaper over all the important parts 

And i will take my ban of the forum seeing as im not posting within the rules ,oh its a great game look it happens in real life 😂😂 

50 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

So what your are saying is real life again ,like i said before search google and find a transfer where a club turn down millions for a 16 year old but took peanuts instead !!!

On my game my head of youth development  is NOT doing his job despite him being better than all the premiership head of youth im paying him 35k a week to just sit there ,despite my club being the top rated club on FM and everything just as good and better than the same AI clubs who get great prospects year in year out ,and can you please stop quoting real life examples because the game is far from real life ,but real life is quoted just to hide the fact the AI favours AI 

Agents in real life get the player the best deal - on FM the agents get there player the worse deal 

Transfers- human club from AI club player worth 20million will cost human 140million - AI to AI around 40/60mjllion human to ai player value 50million your lucky to get anywhere near that after the player is unhappy after the first bid and whacks a request in ,but human can never get a player from AI team to be unhappy and make rest of his team mates unhappy 

I could rant on ,but the like i said everything on the game is designed to hinder the human player ,spending millions on youth set is pointless waste of cash as it does nothing to improve your youth ,its easier just to scan youth intake list and poach them yourself .

But hey so long as the ME can be improved each year we can just wallpaper over all the important parts 

And i will take my ban of the forum seeing as im not posting within the rules ,oh its a great game look it happens in real life 😂😂 

So what you are saying is that the game/AI is against you because you are a human player and you have a constant disadvantage and yet you are the most reputable club in the world. Who did that? The AI?

2 minutes ago, Karnack said:

So what you are saying is that the game/AI is against you because you are a human player and you have a constant disadvantage and yet you are the most reputable club in the world. Who did that? The AI?

no i did that ,by saving my game just before important games ,then reload ,you know thats how alot of us win ,if i got a top of the table clash on the saturday i will save the game on the monday ,you know just incase my key players get a few training ground knocks 🤔

FM 16 i needed a point last game of season to make the play offs i had won 8 on the trot ( then saved game before last 1 ) i was playing walsall already relegated they had won 2 in last 15 ,do you know what every result was from the reload i kept getting beat 1-0 /2-1 despite playing them off the park after the 10th reload do you know what i did ?

2 hours ago, Bielsa1975 said:

i needed a point last game of season to make the play offs i had won 8 on the trot ( then saved game before last 1 ) i was playing walsall already relegated they had won 2 in last 15 ,do you know what every result was from the reload i kept getting beat 1-0 /2-1 despite playing them off the park after the 10th reload do you know what i did ?

The same thing happens to the AI as well. Look at this example from my game just now.

KJ8yI3u.png

Notice the top match. Carshalton just beat Aldershot. Aldershot are running away with the league, crushing just about everyone. Carshalton are hopelessly bottom and it would take a miracle for them to avoid it. This is an AI vs AI match that I had no input in.

Do you know what causes this? Complacency from the player (and manager). Everyone, including the players and manager, expects to win. It's the same that Liverpool did when they played Watford earlier this season in real life.

53 minutes ago, XaW said:

The same thing happens to the AI as well. Look at this example from my game just now.

KJ8yI3u.png

Notice the top match. Carshalton just beat Aldershot. Aldershot are running away with the league, crushing just about everyone. Carshalton are hopelessly bottom and it would take a miracle for them to avoid it. This is an AI vs AI match that I had no input in.

Do you know what causes this? Complacency from the player (and manager). Everyone, including the players and manager, expects to win. It's the same that Liverpool did when they played Watford earlier this season in real life.

looking at that aldershot are already up ,so thats understandable, i needed a point and or thd 2 teams not to win ,

And now you are comparing that to real life ,can you find me a transfer were the club refused 30 million but excepted 5 in a transfer ? Or were a player refused 80k a week but was quite happy to except 25k a week in a lower league ? You cant say this part of the game happens in real life but that part dont.

Look no one will admit it ,but everyknows it ,or they are banned 

All i want is a fair game ,why should i coach a player up from a 3/4 million value to a 55million player only to sell him for his value but have to pay 200million for the same type of player ,if the player value is 200mill then the AI has to pay the same ,otherwise its making a mockery of FFP rules which is a big part of the game now 

Like i have said before everything is against the human , i have just lost my 12 youth coaches and a ass man in 2 seasons to go and manage lower league clubs ,thats 12 no other club as lost one !!! All against the human

12 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

looking at that aldershot are already up ,so thats understandable, i needed a point and or thd 2 teams not to win ,

And now you are comparing that to real life ,can you find me a transfer were the club refused 30 million but excepted 5 in a transfer ? Or were a player refused 80k a week but was quite happy to except 25k a week in a lower league ? You cant say this part of the game happens in real life but that part dont.

Look no one will admit it ,but everyknows it ,or they are banned 

All i want is a fair game ,why should i coach a player up from a 3/4 million value to a 55million player only to sell him for his value but have to pay 200million for the same type of player ,if the player value is 200mill then the AI has to pay the same ,otherwise its making a mockery of FFP rules which is a big part of the game now 

Like i have said before everything is against the human , i have just lost my 12 youth coaches and a ass man in 2 seasons to go and manage lower league clubs ,thats 12 no other club as lost one !!! All against the human

Before I even begin to discuss this. What is your agenda here? To vent steam, or try to figure out what happened in your game? If it's venting, then please say so, because anything we discuss is moot if that's the case.

24 minutes ago, XaW said:

Before I even begin to discuss this. What is your agenda here? To vent steam, or try to figure out what happened in your game? If it's venting, then please say so, because anything we discuss is moot if that's the case.

I've given up, this is what Trump would sound like if he played FM.

56 minutes ago, XaW said:

I get bored of people quoting real life for sonething ithat happens with match results ,but surprising nothing else 

You might enjoy playing the game ,but to me transfers ,etc are ruining it for me ,and after all transfers and youth development is a big part of football ,but in FM it seems not, no point having 100mill to spend on your team it gets you half a leg on here ,sorry for ranting mate ,just once the enjoyment goes i suppose its telling me dont play no more and dont buy it again becsuse to be honest its not changed in 20years ,same old script 

Guys you just have to let this belter tire himself out. He does nowt but complain about the game's apparent shortfalls yet seemingly carries on playing 🙈. Ironically he also has problems with this Football Manager SIMULATOR (he's gonna love this Google quote at the end) being compared to real life. It is very odd. He is a very angry man. 

SIMULATOR - machine designed to provide a realistic imitation of the controls and operation of a vehicle, aircraft, or other complex system, used for training purposes

1 hour ago, Danielfc said:

Guys you just have to let this belter tire himself out. He does nowt but complain about the game's apparent shortfalls yet seemingly carries on playing 🙈. Ironically he also has problems with this Football Manager SIMULATOR (he's gonna love this Google quote at the end) being compared to real life. It is very odd. He is a very angry man. 

SIMULATOR - machine designed to provide a realistic imitation of the controls and operation of a vehicle, aircraft, or other complex system, used for training purposes

oh so its not real life now you change your tune you was posting rashfords real life stats the other day ,i know its a game i told you this but its different rules for AI ,it always favours it .

the youth system need a revamp. 

From what I understand how it works, it is all about chance. So the importance of the nation/league it's too decisive. 

That's mean that develop the best youth system in poor nation have no sense cause it is less expensive buy young players. 

In my opinion, if I'm (example) in Finland and I have the best youth system possibile, I have to get young players like the ones get by Barcellona (even if a smaller amount of them). 

If with the best youth system possibile you don't get more than 2 players suitable for first team in 10 or more years in poor nation,  the 'chance system' is the problem, cause  at a team/league reputation growing doesn't match a grow of the chance plate.

43 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

oh so its not real life now you change your tune you was posting rashfords real life stats the other day ,i know its a game i told you this but its different rules for AI ,it always favours it .

It is not real life (wow) it is a simulator...thus, it does its best to simulate real life. I quoted Rashford's stats to show you that indeed his stats in RL  fit in to exactly what was happening in your game i.e. shots, shots on target and shots to goals etc.  Ergo...the simulator that is FM was quite accurate, despite your complaints that your six nil victories with 45 shots, 20 on target (from what I am assuming Strikers of a far lesser calibre than Rashford, since you were Leeds) were not accurate. They were. 

5 minutes ago, Danielfc said:

It is not real life (wow) it is a simulator...thus, it does its best to simulate real life. I quoted Rashford's stats to show you that indeed his stats in RL  fit in to exactly what was happening in your game i.e. shots, shots on target and shots to goals etc.  Ergo...the simulator that is FM was quite accurate, despite your complaints that your six nil victories with 45 shots, 20 on target (from what I am assuming Strikers of a far lesser calibre than Rashford, since you were Leeds) were not accurate. They were. 

Its ok i have unistalled it , i got bored after my 19th coach in 2 years left to manage a lower league club  and the fact the script as kicked in were every wants a new contract ,its just the same boring crap ,but fulham was after my 39million player three top target they are going all out to get there man with a bid of wait for it 

20200410_010408.jpg

so i saved game made a manager up tookover fulham to scouted fry and the same fulham scouting team now tell me he will cost around 60milion ,yes i win games ,but alot of the fun part is buying players coaching them up sell them on ,its boring game may aswell play fifa 

20200410_013042.jpg

1 hour ago, Bielsa1975 said:

so i saved game made a manager up tookover fulham to scouted fry and the same fulham scouting team now tell me he will cost around 60milion ,yes i win games ,but alot of the fun part is buying players coaching them up sell them on ,its boring game may aswell play fifa 

20200410_013042.jpg

Edit because I've just understood what you've done ie loaded a new manager within your saved game. That does look frustrating if you take it as gospel but at the end of the day fella, it is a newspaper within the game sticking a price tag on him and also your scout giving an ESTIMATE. The price could be either one or the other or neither. I don't see what the problem here is still. Mountains out of mole hills. 

I get news articles pop up like that all the time, after a player officially rated at fifteen million but who I'd wack a tag of a hundred million on based on potential for example. Do you know what I do in this case kid? REJECT THE OFFER 🙈 

Edited by Danielfc

34 minutes ago, Danielfc said:

Edit because I've just understood what you've done ie loaded a new manager within your saved game. That does look frustrating if you take it as gospel but at the end of the day fella, it is a newspaper within the game sticking a price tag on him and also your scout giving an ESTIMATE. The price could be either one or the other or neither. I don't see what the problem here is still. Mountains out of mole hills. 

I get news articles pop up like that all the time, after a player officially rated at fifteen million but who I'd wack a tag of a hundred million on based on potential for example. Do you know what I do in this case kid? REJECT THE OFFER 🙈 

yes i know what your saying i did reject there 23million offer ,nvm game is over now will find something else to play ,is sim city still out ? 😂

11 hours ago, Karnack said:

I've given up, this is what Trump would sound like if he played FM.

Wow, for asking if he is venting steam or want to have a real conversation? Are you sure you read that right, mate?

10 hours ago, Bielsa1975 said:

I get bored of people quoting real life for sonething ithat happens with match results ,but surprising nothing else 

You might enjoy playing the game ,but to me transfers ,etc are ruining it for me ,and after all transfers and youth development is a big part of football ,but in FM it seems not, no point having 100mill to spend on your team it gets you half a leg on here ,sorry for ranting mate ,just once the enjoyment goes i suppose its telling me dont play no more and dont buy it again becsuse to be honest its not changed in 20years ,same old script 

You did not answer my question. I don't bother with trying to reason with you if your goal here is simply to vent because you are angry or annoyed about something in your game. If you are truly looking for a rational answer, then let me know and we'll take a look at it. Perhaps there is a reason for those things happening, perhaps there are bugs. I don't know, but I refuse to go around in circles with someone who just want to vent.

So, if you are looking to vent. Then fine, the mods will step in if it's out of bounds. If you are looking to take a look at what has happened and see if there is a bug, or perhaps a mechanic in the game you have a misunderstanding about, or anything else. Then I'm happy to try to help you.

I've tried to help out a lot in here, but I'm done being called this and that for giving an explanation. This is simply me wondering if this is a waste of time or not.