Newgen scouting - HELP

Hey, first post on the forum.

Basically, i've got a question re scouting newgens. If you're scouting a region, do you have to have the leagues in that region loaded for newgens to come through?

I've been scouting West Africa for a few months and received nothing from my scout...

Any other newgen hunting tips would be appreciated :)

2 hours ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

no you dont but the newgens from that country will be very limited. generally if a certain region or nation is known for good regens i always set as playable , you will get a better mix of them

would view-only work?

there is a guy named zealand from fm base that ran a test with diffrent set ups and he graded all things in each, its a good watch and will show you plus and minuses for each, its a good watch. just search The Best Way to Set Up Your Save in Football Manager 2020, Tested in youtube

Edited by Ross Ingersoll

I've been looking at this today, it seems you only do get the new ones (krytons I call them after the red dwarf character) if you have those leagues loaded, I usually have England, France, Italy, Germany, Portugal, spain, Argentina and Brazil loaded on, I'd like to have Dutch and Belgian as well but my system specs are about on their limit with the above listed, then I assign my scouts to u19 leagues from said nations and also just scroll through team information list and look at their top prospect that it lists