[FM20] Asian (AFC) Continental Club Competitions

Modified and expanded the AFC Champions League and AFC Cup and also added a few regional club competitions in Asia

AFC Champions League

The format of the AFC Champions League is modified and expanded to mirror the UEFA Champions League with qualifying, playoff rounds, a group stage of 32 teams and knockout rounds.

All league winners in the continent qualify for this competition. The qualification places are sorted based on the divisions’ reputation. Leagues with higher reputation have more than one club qualify (best placed teams). The winner of this competition qualifies automatically for the next year’s group stage. The prize money is significantly increased to minimize the difference with European competitions.

AFC Cup

The format of the AFC Cup is modified and expanded to mirror the UEFA Europa League with qualifying, playoff rounds, a group stage of 48 teams and knockout rounds. The losers of qualifying & playoff rounds & the 3rd place clubs from the group stage of the AFC Champions League enter this competition.

The winners of the main domestic cup of each nation qualify for this competition. Leagues with higher reputation have more than one club qualify (next best placed teams). The winner of this competition qualifies automatically for the next year’s AFC Champions League group stage. The prize money is also significantly increased.

Regional Club Competitions

The losers of the qualifying & playoff rounds of the AFC Cup enter the competitions. If there are none, the next best placed clubs qualify. Some nations also have the league cup winners that qualify. The regional club competitions are : -

• EAFF Champions Cup : For clubs from East Asian nations
  • WAFF Challenge Trophy : For clubs from West Asian nations
  • AFF Super League : For clubs from Southeast Asian nations
  • CAFA Club Cup : For clubs from Central Asian nations
  • SAFF Club Cup : For clubs from South Asian nations

The format of each competitions is a group stage followed by knockout rounds with reasonable prize money. Some competitions allow more than one team to qualify which is given to leagues with higher reputation (next best placed teams).

AFC Super Cup

The winners of the AFC Champions League, AFC Cup and all 5 regional club competitions qualify for AFC Super Cup which is held at neutral venues at the start of every year.

Notes : -

• Australian clubs will not participate in AFC competitions as I’ve decided to move Australia back to Oceania
  • The qualification places are sorted based on the divisions’ reputation which I’ve edited to match the latest AFC Club Competition Ranking. The reputation changes every year by default so theoretically, leagues ranking are dynamic which means the qualification places of a nation could be changed each year.
  • However, after years of test simulation in game, I’ve noticed that the leagues’ and cups’ reputation in the continent remains unchanged whereas in Europe where I’ve not edited the leagues’ reputation, the divisons’ and cups’ reputation change each year.
  • This is a known issue that has been reported a few times before in the previous FMs and I’ve considered it as a bug.

Enjoy the custom files and your feedbacks are much appreciated.

DOWNLOAD

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Edited by nabildx

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2020 at 19:38, LandonDonovan10 said:

what about graphics?

Did you mean logos for some competitions? Or do you mean all graphics in general?

There are a few competitions that are newly created and I haven't made any logo for them. As for the other existing competitions and graphics, you could find in any FM community website. Try sortitoutsi or FMScout for example

On 15/04/2020 at 02:55, Kodiak said:

I think some awards are missing.

I've only added awards for AFC Champions League, AFC Cup and AFF Super League.

• 7 months later...

Fantastic mod. In the same season, you can take a Nepalese club (from Sangue Blu mod), play AFC Champions League and lose your preliminary round, then enter AFC Cup and lose again, then you enter the Asiatic D3 with regional asiatic cups.

The system is better than UEFA (at least, the one depicted by Sport Interactive in the default database):if you lose Champions League preliminary round, then Europa League preliminary round, you are not guaranteed to qualify for Europa Conference League as you must reach the ultimate preliminary round.

On 23/11/2020 at 22:42, Shenmue-X said:

Fantastic mod. In the same season, you can take a Nepalese club (from Sangue Blu mod), play AFC Champions League and lose your preliminary round, then enter AFC Cup and lose again, then you enter the Asiatic D3 with regional asiatic cups.

The system is better than UEFA (at least, the one depicted by Sport Interactive in the default database):if you lose Champions League preliminary round, then Europa League preliminary round, you are not guaranteed to qualify for Europa Conference League as you must reach the ultimate preliminary round.

Thank you very much @Shenmue-Xfor the positive feedback. That's exactly what I was aiming for when creating this file, to ensure that top clubs from all Asian nations to have the maximum experience in continental competitions. I was thinking about doing the same for UEFA continental competitions by making them compatible with my UEFA Regional Club Cup that I've created, but it meant that I had to edit all the existing competitions from scratch & I thought that the current format is already complete and therefore, I decided against editing them

Hi Nabildx, looks like a very fun mod you have created here !!

However I just started to test the version that has Australian back in Asia and I noticed a couple issues with the entrants to the Asian Champions League from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

For Saudi Arabia instead of the top 3 in the Zain Professional League (Al-Nassr, Al-Hilal and Al-Taawoun) entering the competition it is the top 3 teams that got promoted from last seasons First Division (Abha, Damac and Al-Adalah)

Also for the United Arab Emirates the 2 qualified teams are Fujairah who finished 12th in last seasons league and Khor Fakkan who were promoted from the UAE first division.

It looks like you have lowest ranked teams instead of highest ranked teams qualifying from these 2 nations, I tried to fix this myself in the editor but I dont really know what I am doing hahaha

After holidaying a couple years into the future it appears the problem if fixed but no idea what causes it, it's a good way for me to try and learn the editor so its interesting trying to understand how things work.

Also for the Asian Super Cup the game is recording the winner of the 3 team 5th place playoff league as the winner of the competition instead of the winner of the final.

I attached the file I am using so if you would be able to take a look and try and fix this it would be much appreciated as really want to give this a go :)

NBL Continental Comps - Asia (Alt - Aus) .fmf

Edited by SPUDSPUD

So after maybe 2 weeks of trying off and on to fix the problem with taking the wrong teams from Saudi Arabia and the UAE, and trying a bunch of different things,  I finally managed to solve the problem.

To be fair now that I found a solution I think the issue wasnt with nabildx's file but rather the game was assigning the wrong teams as the top teams from the division in qualifying, probably due to the custom national leagues from these countries.

For someone who isn't very experienced in the advanced rules editor the qualification system for the Champions League was hard to understand, turns out the national qualifiers were being dragged from the Super Cup so changing the rules for Saudi Arabia and UAE to last competition winners / runners up instead of best teams from division.

I still need to try and find out why the winner 5th place playoff is getting awarded winner of the Asian Super Cup instead of the team that wins the final so if you have any thoughts on that would be great.

Edited by SPUDSPUD

21 hours ago, SPUDSPUD said:

So after maybe 2 weeks of trying off and on to fix the problem with taking the wrong teams from Saudi Arabia and the UAE, and trying a bunch of different things,  I finally managed to solve the problem.

To be fair now that I found a solution I think the issue wasnt with nabildx's file but rather the game was assigning the wrong teams as the top teams from the division in qualifying, probably due to the custom national leagues from these countries.

For someone who isn't very experienced in the advanced rules editor the qualification system for the Champions League was hard to understand, turns out the national qualifiers were being dragged from the Super Cup so changing the rules for Saudi Arabia and UAE to last competition winners / runners up instead of best teams from division.

I still need to try and find out why the winner 5th place playoff is getting awarded winner of the Asian Super Cup instead of the team that wins the final so if you have any thoughts on that would be great.

1st of all, I appreciate ur effort of trying to re-edit my file by opening it in ur pre-game editor & trying to understand the structure of this file that I've done but great effort nonetheless. So basically, I made several hidden stages (leagues) in the AFC Super Cup to sort the team that qualify for the AFC continental competitions. This is my way of doing it so it's not like the "normal" way of someone who wants to make continental competitions.

The origin of the problem for the wrong teams qualified is as u mentioned comes from the fact that this file is not compatible with other custom nation files that has new leagues and cups competitions created as the unique IDs are no longer the same.

For the problem of the wrong winner being recorded for AFC Super Cup, I reviewed my file and found that I set the wrong stage to be recorded in the "Add History Record" under "Other Stage Rules" > "Stage Finised Action". Insted of stage 10, it supposed to be stage 11 as that is the last stage of the competition.

Edited by nabildx

5 hours ago, nabildx said:

1st of all, I appreciate ur effort of trying to re-edit my file by opening it in ur pre-game editor & trying to understand the structure of this file that I've done but great effort nonetheless. So basically, I made several hidden stages (leagues) in the AFC Super Cup to sort the team that qualify for the AFC continental competitions. This is my way of doing it so it's not like the "normal" way of someone who wants to make continental competitions.

The origin of the problem for the wrong teams qualified is as u mentioned comes from the fact that this file is not compatible with other custom nation files that has new leagues and cups competitions created as the unique IDs are no longer the same.

For the problem of the wrong winner being recorded for AFC Super Cup, I reviewed my file and found that I set the wrong stage to be recorded in the "Add History Record" under "Other Stage Rules" > "Stage Finised Action". Insted of stage 10, it supposed to be stage 11 as that is the last stage of the competition.

Yeah it took me quite a while to figure out how qualifying was all set up, playing around with some things in the editor has definitely helped me understand it more.

Thanks for taking a look at the super cup for me, much appreciated I will have a look at that myself and apply your fix.

It is a really impressive file you have created I would not know where to start making something like that !!

• 2 months later...

I found an issue.

The 5th team of AFC Supercup wins the cup rather the final winner.

Other supercups don't have the issue.

I tried some tweaks (ranking level info, draw rules) but nothing changes.

Any idea about fixing the issue please?

Edited by Shenmue-X

• 1 year later...
On 10/02/2021 at 23:38, Shenmue-X said:

I found the solution.

You have to go to Advanced Rules>AFC Supercup>Stage Finished Action

Replace Stage 11 by Stage 10.

do you manage to import the file into fm22?