[FM20] Asian (AFC) International Competitions

A collection of various new and modified international tournaments for Asian (AFC) nations

• AFC Nations League : The nation league for all Asian nations that will be held every 4 years starting from 2022. There will be 4 divisions with 12 teams in each division except for the 4th division (10 teams). The league is a single table league with all teams play each other once during the international fixtures windows and there are promotions and relegations between the divisions.
  • AFF Suzuki Cup : Regional international tournament contested between the 11 Southeast Asian nations. Tournament structure was modified to include all teams in 3 groups in the group stage. Held every 2 years (even) at the end of the year.
  • EAFF Championship : Regional international tournament contested between the 9 East Asian nations. Tournament structure was modified to include all teams in 3 groups of 3 in the group stage. Held every 2 years (odd) at the end of the year.
  • WAFF Championship : Regional international tournament contested between the 12 West Asian nations. Tournament structure was modified to include all teams in 3 groups of 4 in the group stage. Held every 2 years (odd) at the end of the year.
  • SAFF Championship : Regional international tournament contested between the 7 South Asian nations. Tournament structure is 2 groups of 3 and 4 teams respectively in the group stage. Held every 2 years (odd) at the end of the year.
  • CAFA Championship : Regional international tournament contested between the 6 Central Asian nations. Tournament structure is 2 groups of 3 in the group stage. Held every 2 years (even) at the end of the year.
  • AFC Elite Cup : Winners of AFC Asian Cup and all 5 previous regional tournaments qualify for this competition. Held every four years in January, one year before the AFC Asian Cup.
  • Pestabola Merdeka : Asia’s oldest football tournament held in honour of the Independence Day of Malaysia. Eight random under-22 international teams from every continent around the world participate in the competition every year held in August in Malaysia.

Notes : -

• I’ve decided to move Australia back to Oceania, so they will not take part in any of these competitions

Enjoy the custom files and your feedbacks are much appreciated.

Download links : https://www.mediafire.com/file/j9p1rbs0wyz48un/NBL_International_Comps_-_Asia.rar/file

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Edited by nabildx

45 minutes ago, timmarkcorcoran said:

how hard would it be to put aussie back into Asia

It will take a few steps to do that. If u are familiar with advanced rules, u can load up the file in the pre-game editor & explore the the structure that I've made & modify it urself. If u found any problem doing that, I can help u

My assumption is that your moving Australia to Oceania needed several competitions to be rebuild, right?

If you have on paper which competitions have been edited to add or remove Australia, you're pretty close.

6 hours ago, nabildx said:

It will take a few steps to do that. If u are familiar with advanced rules, u can load up the file in the pre-game editor & explore the the structure that I've made & modify it urself. If u found any problem doing that, I can help u

I can't change the continent so i can't add AUS in AFC. Hope you can have some instructions.

Edited by vietthaidinh93

5 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

My assumption is that your moving Australia to Oceania needed several competitions to be rebuild, right?

If you have on paper which competitions have been edited to add or remove Australia, you're pretty close.

No, there's no need to rebuild the exisiting competitions at all. When you change Australia's continent to Oceania in the database, it will automatically enter all Oceanian competitions including the OFC Nations Cup and World Cup Qualifying for Oceania. They will still play the World Cup Qualifying for Asia from 2019 to 2021 bcoz it's still ongoing but after that, they won't participate in the Asian section and any other AFC competitions.

4 hours ago, prot651 said:

No Australia in Nations League ?

1 hour ago, vietthaidinh93 said:

In real life, Australia is an official member of AFF (ASEAN Football Federation). Therefore, Could you add them in AFF Suzuki Cup and AFC Nations League? 

AFF Suzuki Cup will have 12 teams

Tks mate

57 minutes ago, vietthaidinh93 said:

I can't change the continent so i can add AUS in AFC. Hope you can have some instructions.

So as they are a few requests, I've put back Australia in Asia. With the new file, Australia will be in the AFC Nations League and AFF Suzuki Cup.

There are two versions of the file, version 1 is where Australia B enters the AFF Suzuki Cup as I think they are too strong in comparison with the Southeast Asian nations (that's why in real life they do not participate in the tournament).
Version 2 is where the main national team of Australia enters the tournament.

I've also uploaded a compressed folder which will make the continent option in the pre-game editor changeable. Just extract the compressed file and move the folder to C:\users\Documents\Sports Interactive\Editor 2020 (by default)

Here you go!

NBL International Comps - Asia (Alt) 1.fmf NBL International Comps - Asia (Alt) 2.fmf FM20 Editor skins.rar

3 hours ago, nabildx said:

No, there's no need to rebuild the exisiting competitions at all. When you change Australia's continent to Oceania in the database, it will automatically enter all Oceanian competitions including the OFC Nations Cup and World Cup Qualifying for Oceania. They will still play the World Cup Qualifying for Asia from 2019 to 2021 bcoz it's still ongoing but after that, they won't participate in the Asian section and any other AFC competitions.

Ok, thanks for that. Bit surprising, but good to hear. Save me a lot of fuss.

13 hours ago, kieko1986 said:

If i pick the alternate file where Australia are back in Asia it wont be compatible with your Asian club competition file as that also puts Australia back in Oceania 

They are still compatible I believe but clubs in Australia won't participate in Asian clubs competitions because the club competitions custom file is a separate file.

But if u still want Australian clubs to play in Asian clubs competitions, I've made a quick fix in my custom file of AFC club competitions and the OFC club competitions so that Australian clubs can partitipate in AFC Champions League, AFC Cup & also AFF Super League instead of O-League.

U hv to dwload & use both files in addition to the alternate version file that I've uploaded earlier. Here u go : -

NBL Continental Comps - Asia (Alt - Aus) .fmf NBL Continental Comps - Oceania (Alt).fmf

47 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Do the competitions reputations change with this file or has it become static?

I'm not really sure. I haven't tested this file alone without the Asian club competitions file that I've made & which causes the competitions' reputations to become static in the first place.
U could test it in game urself & go on holidays for a couple of years to see if the reputations change or not

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to increase the number of promotion and relegation in Nations League. Do you remember where you set the figure in FM editor please?

edit: found it.

Advanced rules>AFC Nations League>Phases>Stage 0>League settings>Qualification rules

Edited by Shenmue-X

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...