MLS and other North American teams only produce players from Canada and United States? Even if in another country?

I tried creating regional nations like Cascadia and Texas, however the MLS teams, and other higher North American league teams from those nations continue to produce Canadians or Americans, granted its with Dual Nationality, but still. How do I stop this?

How is your setup exactly?

Say a team like Dallas, which nation, based nation, continental club competition has it and what is the city's nation and what is the local regions nation?

FC Dallas would be in the City of Dallas, is in the local region of Texas. The local region of Texas is in the Nation of Texas, the city of Dallas is also in the nation of Dallas. FC Dallas is now Texas, Texas, Texas, for nation, based nation, and conintental competition. 

The Players FC Dallas produce are from the City of Dallas, with the secondary nation of Texas, with the Primary nation of the United State

Vancouver Whitecaps as another example, is in the City of Vancouver, Local Region of BC, both are in the nation of Cascadia. Vancouver is set to Cascadia, Cascadia, Cascadia, and a player in the u18s was born in Surrey BC, also Cascadia, has the "other nationality" of Cascadia, but the nationality and eligibility of Canada

This almost sounds like something hardcoded

On 03/04/2020 at 06:42, animal31 said:

I tried creating regional nations like Cascadia and Texas, however the MLS teams, and other higher North American league teams from those nations continue to produce Canadians or Americans, granted its with Dual Nationality, but still. How do I stop this?

You mention other higher North American league teams. Does it mean this doesn't happen to lower teams, or just that you didn't check?

It happens to teams such as The New York Cosmos, or Indy Eleven, or San Antonio FC

It Doesnt happen to teams like the UBC/Vancouver Thunderbirds, or Dallas Roma FC, or Vaughn Azzuri

The threshold for this seems to be one and a half stars of reputation. It seems to only be happening to teams in the vanilla US leagues by default. Teams without a division in vanilla arent affected

I should mention this is FM18, Im not sure if the glitch/hardcoding continues in future versions

Edited by animal31

From experience with uncle sams database there was one with intake player that was Mexican first and Canadian second and then another one that was France first and Canada second and went onto make France u19 as a 16 year old.. if u mean just one nationality I don’t believe so two nationalities yes it’s possible

Edited by Fmfan00