Noob question time

Hi all, I’m new to football manager and have some questions  I hope you can help me with.

im currently in about save 5 or 6 playing with Watford who I support irl, I understand Watford can be a hard save from what I’ve read online but I seem to be a sucker for disappointment which is what the teams been in each and every save so far and I end up getting sacked.

ive tried every preset tactic and a bunch of downloaded ones but nothing works, it’s either a loss in the last ten minutes or we just collapse against the top 8 teams. Nobody can tackle and they end up just passing the ball to the other team haha

im all good with scouting and making transfers, loans excluded, I can’t make a loan work to save my life and training I just leave to the ass man for now.

is there any advise you could give me Team tactics wise and what mentality’s to choose against different teams that might help me get to grips with this game or is going with a big team the only way to go in this game. I’d love to try and do well with watford without having resort to going with man city or Liverpool 

8 minutes ago, ClumsyBot said:

Hi all, I’m new to football manager and have some questions  I hope you can help me with.

im currently in about save 5 or 6 playing with Watford who I support irl, I understand Watford can be a hard save from what I’ve read online but I seem to be a sucker for disappointment which is what the teams been in each and every save so far and I end up getting sacked.

ive tried every preset tactic and a bunch of downloaded ones but nothing works, it’s either a loss in the last ten minutes or we just collapse against the top 8 teams. Nobody can tackle and they end up just passing the ball to the other team haha

im all good with scouting and making transfers, loans excluded, I can’t make a loan work to save my life and training I just leave to the ass man for now.

is there any advise you could give me Team tactics wise and what mentality’s to choose against different teams that might help me get to grips with this game or is going with a big team the only way to go in this game. I’d love to try and do well with watford without having resort to going with man city or Liverpool 

You should probably post here:

https://community.sigames.com/forum/19-tactics-training-strategies-discussion/

Detail your current setup and I'm sure there'll be people who can help.

Edited by rafaelbenitez

I’m using this 4-4-2 diamond wide tactic in a Crystal Palace save and we’re in 1st place in December. Like you I struggled in previous tries with Palace, but with this tactic the team plays great. I only added 2 backup players to the real life side. I bet it would work for your club too. (I didn’t create the tactic and this isn’t my video. But it’s how I learned of the tactic and is a good intro.) 

9 hours ago, 3runhomer said:

I’m using this 4-4-2 diamond wide tactic in a Crystal Palace save and we’re in 1st place in December. Like you I struggled in previous tries with Palace, but with this tactic the team plays great. I only added 2 backup players to the real life side. I bet it would work for your club too. (I didn’t create the tactic and this isn’t my video. But it’s how I learned of the tactic and is a good intro.) 

thank you for your reply mate. i'll look into it :)