Rise of the Black Devils

B.W.G

It's almost unfair for you to managing a Serie C Club...

Undefeated....and Win the League by 31 points! The other Managers must have decided to play their B teams.

Great Season Keep it up. I'm sure your only about 5 years away from Champion's League glory.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 09/09/2020 at 18:49, Hootieleece said:

It's almost unfair for you to managing a Serie C Club...

Undefeated....and Win the League by 31 points! The other Managers must have decided to play their B teams.

Great Season Keep it up. I'm sure your only about 5 years away from Champion's League glory.

The team was literally a lower Serie A side when I took over,there was a lot of quality already here but it was clearly the previous manager being rubbish.

I think Serie B will be a bit closer than this,no B teams were played but the other teams were just rubbish.

Thanks :D I appreciate your optimism but I think Serie A could be quite a long battle for us,certainly longer than Germany.

Commercial Summary

JhepnBm.png?1

I'm not looking too much into this for this season as we have just been promoted so things will probably change quite a lot from next season,especially when it comes to sponsorship.With broadcast revenues,that will more than likely be lower next season as we may not do as well as we did in the cups.

3 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

What. A. Season! :eek:

Only conceding 4 in the league? :idiot:

Ascoli (I think), must have been chuffed about that draw in the league. 

Does the backroom staff need an overhaul?

The club should have never have fallen that low.We were essentially a really big fish in a really small pond as the money we had available and the money we were spending on wages were that of a bottom Serie A side/top Serie B side.

You are right in it being Ascoli,they probably ended up being over the moon.

Only had to change two members of staff,the u20 manager and fitness coach both retired so they needed replacing and that has already been done.I just need another Physio as we are lacking in that area and we should be good to go.

mIwB5Yv.png?1

Virtus Entella - Serie BKT - Pre-Season - 2043/44

General - Vision - Facilities - Finances

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released - Youth

We ended up having a very busy transfer window but this was mainly to add depth to the team with players who had room to develop further than what was originally in the team.We released eleven players who had no future at the club,all of these players were rated at 1.5* PA which is no good for me.Four players went out on loan and all four are out with a chance to buy for the clubs they have been loaned to asf I don't feel they have a future at the club.We sold three players for a combined fee of £10.75 million,Jimenez was the big sale and that is entirely my fault as I thought I had him on a longer contract but it turns out he wasn't,he had a year left and had no interest in renewing which left me no choice but to sell.We bought in ten players for the first team who will either play from the start or add depth to the team,for a combined fee of £1.8 million,I can't complain as if they don't progress then we should be able to male a lot of profit on them.

Pre-Season Fixtures

yb1Kuin.png?1

It was just the usual pre-season as I wanted the players to get match fitness and start getting the new players used to the formation I will be using.

The Team

ivPlZ2r.png?1

IT5gvIV.png?1

Alessandro De Giorgi

Christian Carmona

Tom Nissinen

Salvatore Toccane

Luigi Liera

Manager's Thoughts

That was a busier pre-season than I originally thought we were going to have but I am happy with the transfer business we have done as we now have brilliant depth to the team and we now only have one player unhappy at the club and his contract is up this season but I have not managed to sell him despite his £4.3 million release fee.My aim is simple,I have to win the title this season as that is what the board want,if I don't win the title but I get promoted then I should be safe,if I don't get promoted then my ass is grass.The media dream eleven features ten of my team so we should do well but this will be a lot more difficult then last season in the third tier.I think this is the  most pressure I have felt as I'm normally the underdog and not the big dog like this time around so hopefully I can keep the board off my back.

No improvements to the facilities or the Junior Coaching and Youth Recrutiment as of yet as I am trying to keep the club in the black as I think we will need to be competing regularly in Europe as that is where most of the money this club will receive as there isn't much money on the domestic front.No changes anywhere with exception to the team and three new staff members so there isn't much to say on that front.Time to see if I can keep the chairman off my back by winning the league.

August 2043

Fixtures

Benm9zR.png?1

League Table

QE9bMIp.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

What a start to the season as we won every game without conceding a goal as we finished the month at the top of the table and qualified for the TIM 4th qualifying round.Even though we haven't conceded a goal yet,the teams are a lot more threatening than what we faced in the third tier so I am over the moon with our defensive effort.As for goals scored,surprisingly fourteen of the nineteen goals scored have come from one of the MR,MC or ML positions.Best result was beating Genoa 6-0,considering I sold them my best defender,he did nothing to help keep the scoreline down as we trounced the Serie A side.

We play four times in September,all of the games are in the league and we will be facing Sampdoria,Frosinone,Perugia and Catania.Sampdoria and Frosinone should both be tough games as both teams are previous Serie A sides in the last few seasons.Perugia are a mid-table team while we beat Catania 6-0 last season in the Italian Super C cup.I think we could pick up at least eight points but I wouldn't be surprised if we did pick up more points.

September 2043

Fixtures

3pH2uXw.png?1

League Table

IMQvxCj.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Four wins in September and we did it without conceding a goal which is brilliant even if I think our defence is actually weaker than last season.With us winning all games,we finished the month with a two point lead over Salernitana who have started very well as they were predicted to finish in mid-table.Only other thing to note is that I've signed a new contract which expites in 2046 so that is good news as it gives me a bit extra job security.

We play five times in the league in the October,we will be coming up against Lecce,Cosenza,SPAL,Spezia and Avellino 1912,the only thing I am hoping for is that someone steps us and actually gives us a real challenge and possibly even score a goal for us as so far,this season is reminding me of last season.I don't have any aims as I wouldn't be surprised if we went unbeaten during October.

Also a bit of change of plans for the future of this save,originally I was going to treat Spain the same as Italy and Germany and sign players but once I'm done with Italy,Spain will be done under youth only rules which will also be the same for England.This is mainly because using the youth system only is the hardest thing to do as you have no control of who comes through whereas you can have many different options with signing players and you have no limit in who you can sign.

October 2043

Fixtures

GvGtXMB.png?1

League Table

bVcr2yw.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well I'll be damned we actually lost a game in the league for the first time since I've started managing in Italy.We picked up ten points from fifteen which wasn't a bad return as we still have a five point gap at the top of the table so I am happy with that.SPAL were the first team to score past us in a 2-2 draw,no complaints about that game but Cosenza can feel aggrieved in not being the first team to score past us as they had a perfectly good goal disallowed.The loss against Avellino 1912 was unexpected but it was a game where I was completely fm'd as we outshot them 36-4.I am actually happy we had some points taken off us as I was beginning to get bored of winning all the time as well as keeping clean sheets constsantly.

Three games in November which are all in the league,during the month we will be facing Foggia,Crotone and Salernitana.I want us to pick up at least six points as that will keep us at the top of the table.Salernitana will be the biggest threat to us as they are overachieving but they do have a really good team who can cause problems to anyone in the league.

7 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Oooh a loss! Madness :herman:

Looks like your not going to be challenged until you hit Serie A/TIN cup.

It looks that way,we have the second highest wage bill in Serie B but if we were in Serie A then we would have the lowest wage bill so that step up seems to be quite big.

We do have a bit of a challenge coming up in the TIM Cup as we are facing AC Milan in the 4th qualifying round in December.It should be an interesting game,they have had an abysmal start to the season as they are currently in 17th after 13 games.

Edited by B.W.G

November 2043

Fixtures

qXzWkXK.png?1

League Table

tuJURWT.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We played three,won three,dominated all three teams and we did it without conceding a goal,this was a perfect month.We now have an eight point lead at the top of the table so not much of a fight so far although the fight for second looks epic with three teams sitting on 32 points.Also take a look at what is happening with Sampdoria,they were in Serie A just four seasons ago!

December is a busy month with six games,five in the league and one in the TIM Cup.We actually kick the month off with the TIM Cup and we will be facing AC Milan in the 4th qualifying round,this AC Milan is nowhere near the quality they used to be,this is a AC Milan who are fighting against relegation and are only out of the actual relegation zone by one point so I think we could take them if we play to our best,In the league we will be facing Parma,Padova,Pordenone,Viterbese and Bari,I want at least eleven points from these five games as that will keep us top of the table going into the new year although with the way we play,I wouldn't be surprised if we went through the month unbeaten.

Youth Intake Preview

SmsjrJg.png?1

On the plus side,this is a better preview than what we had last season so I do have a bit of hope that we will get someone decent coming through.The only downside is that the best player coming through is in a position that I have not used at this club so whoever he is will probably undergo training unless he is also a natural in the MC position.

December 2043

Fixtures

BmmoKhd.png?1

League Table

GXrr8kq.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

What a month that was as we won every game which means we have opened up a ten point lead at the top of the table with eighteen games left to play so we have to b e favourites for the title now as we are pretty much unstoppable,the 8-0 win against Padova is the biggest win in Serie B since the save started but not of all time (Brescia beat Ancona 12-0 in 1951!).In the TIM Cup we dumped out AC Milan 3-0 in the 4th qualifying round as we moved into the 1st round,normally it would be a feat but what is happening to them this season,it isn't really that difficult to believe,

We kick off the new year with four games to play,three in the league and one in the TIM Cup.We kick the month off with a TIM Cup match against Napoli,I kind of had a rivalry in European competitions against them when I was at Munster,they will be a tough team to face as they are a very good team who are constantly in the top six of Serie A so we will see what happens.In the league we will be facing Pescara,Benevento and Sampdoria,all I want to do is keep heading towards the title as we look to be the strongest team going and no matter what happens during January,we will still be top come the end of the month.

January 2044

Fixtures

FBE3q08.png?1

League Table

SKhIwlJ.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

On the pitch everything went great as we won all four games as we finished the month at the top of the table with a twelve point lead but we do have a game in hand as the Sampdoria match was moved to February as it will be televised.I'm over the moon with how things went in the TIM Cup as we dumped out Napoli and Bolgna to reach the semi-final.Off the pitch was another matter,Dautaj's goals against Napoli were his last for the club as he was sold over my head for £34 million (possibly rising to £45.5 million) to Hertha Berlin,annoyongly he rejected offers from Real Madrid and Man City.This was then followed up by now first choice DC Mike Thompson breaking his lower leg in the game against Pescara,I needed another DC and all I can do was sign one from Swansea for £375k as he was the only one who take being paid £5k p.w as that is the maximum new signings are allowed to be on,thank god I did all of my transfers while I was in Serie C as we wouldn't be in this position if I had waited till we were in Serie B.

Six games in January,five are in the league and the other in the TIM Cup.In the league we are facing Sampdoria,Frosinone,Perugia,Catania and Lecce,my only aim is to make sure we are still top come the end of the month as I want to get out of Serie B as soon as possible.In the TIM Cup we will be facing Atalanta in the first leg of the semi-final,out of the three teams we could have faced,Atalanta are the middle team as the strongest is Juventus while the weakest is Cremonese,we've exceeded expectations in the TIM Cup so I am not bothered with the competition now as the league is my main priority.The transfer window shuts on the 1/2 and I am worried that my chairman may sell another couple of players over my head,the two players who are attracting all the attention are Tom Nissinen and Alessandro De Giorgi, hopefully they will still be here as £5k p.w restriction is really annoying and I would more than likely just try and play on the rest of the season without signing replacements.

February 2044

Fixtures

1aEnYRa.png?1

League Table

sxS3pZH.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

An excellent month as we picked up thirteen points from fifteen in the league with the only points dropped coming in a 0-0 draw against Frosinone,it was a match where we played well but the final third just let us down.We have an eighteen point lead at the top of the table and with eleven games left to play,we are the favourites to win as we have been unstoppable barring that one slip up.The TIM Cup semi-final first leg saw us win 3-0 in a very even game,the best thing about this is that we were away from home so it gives us an advantage going into the second leg.

Four games in March,three in the league and one in the TIM Cup.We kick off the month with the TIM Cup semi-final second leg against Atalanta,we have a 3-0 lead so hopefully we can play well and stay in front but we will have to be careful as they are a good side and will cause us problems.In the league we are facing Cosenza,SPAL and Spezia,no real aims as we will be top come the end of the month which is what is important for me.The Youth Intake is in March and we are to keep an eye for the youngster who plays in the DM position as he was regarded as having the potential to go far.

TIM Cup semi-final shock!

rZqTnkE.png?1

This isn't anything to do about me but more about the other match.Juventus had the lead going into the second leg and they lost to 12th place Cremonese!The final against Cremonese is certainly more winnable than it would have been if it was against Juventus.

Edited by B.W.G

Youth Intake 2044

The Intake

CFXqM3a.png?1

Assistant Manager's Pick

ywdsWKp.png?1

ZPU7M0t.png?1

The Hot Prospect

c3fCQWT.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

First up get rid of my Head of Youth Development (or hope he retires as he is 69!) as I do not agree with some of the ratings given to some of the players in this intake.

First up is the Assistant Manager's pick,I generally think De Marco is better rated than what he has originally been given,one of my other coaches (JA 11,JP 13) actually rates De Marco's potential at a solid 2.5* and not 1.5* with a chance of hitting 2.5* so that does give me some hope for De Marco.He will be kept as having a DM could allow me to change formations if I need to during a game or even for matches where I need that extra cover.He will definitely be signed.

Malorgio is the best of the rest but I will be signing four or five others along with himself and De Marco.Malorgio's versatility is really useful as he can play DM,MC and ML so he will be able to give us extra options if we need to do different things.I will look to get him a loan as soon as possible as playing regularly should help in his development.

March 2044

Fixtures

c93FqsK.png?1

League Table

TDXJuIV.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Two wins from three was enough to see us gain Promotion to Serie A which was brilliiant for us and eases a bit of the pressure off me,I've just got to secure the title now to keep the board satisfied.The game against Spezia was a bad match all around,we finised the game with nine men as Henshall was sent off early in the second half and we would then lose De Giorgi due to pulled knee ligaments.We have a fifteen point lead at the top so we are still leading the charge for the title.In the TIM Cup we drew 2-2 in the second leg thanks to Toccane's late goal as we knocked Atalanta with a 5-2 aggregate victory.

Six games in April,all of them are in the league and we will be facing Avellino 1912,Foggia,Crotone,Salernitana,Parma and Padova,my only aim is to keep pushing towards the title although the games against Avellino and Foggia may be a bit tricky as we are missing five first team players against Avellino and three against Foggia,first choice keeper Forrester and first choice ST Toccane will be missing both games and all I can hope is that we don't pick up more injuries.

April 2044

Fixtures

dhkn2mx.png?1

League Table

7SsML0X.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Five wins from six was more than enough to see us clinch the title.The one game where we dropped points was a 1-0 loss to Parma,they are by far,the best team to face us this season as they just went for it,they were the first team to register more than ten shots against us this season so that was impressive so I will give them all the credit they deserve.I was a bit worried at the start of the month with the players we were missing but we got through it with minimum problems.

Three games in May,two in the league and one in the TIM Cup.In the league we finish up our league campaign against Pordenone and Viterbese,none of these games really matter as we have clinched the title,I would prefer us to win them both just to push us over the 100 point barrier.The big game of the month is against Serie A side Cremonese in the TIM Cup final,I was expecting to face Juventus in the final so it is a surprise to see us face a mid-table side,I generally think we have a really good chance of winning the contest if we play to our best but we will see what happens,we've surpassed expectations in the TIM Cup so I am over the moon with reaching another final.

The Falling of a Giant

8yLCLgB.png?1

yYrq72G.png?1

This is without a doubt,the biggest team to be relegated from the top flight in any country,the closest to a team of this calibre to be relegated was Monaco getting relegated Ligue 1 in the 2033/34 season.Next season will be the first time AC Milan have been in Serie B since the 1982/83 season so it has come at a massive shock.

PgZKze9.png?1

Other than the 2041/42 season,they have constantly been a top half team and I originally thought that the 17th place finish in 2041/42 was a one off as they finished in the top half the next season.The club are in their fifth season without European football which could have played a part in their downfall as they would be losing reputation for not being Europe which means less money for the club as they would also lose money from sponsorships due to a combination of decreased reputation and no European football.I also think changing manager's constantly has played a part as the squad will bot be settled as they are currently on their third manager this season.

The team is generally good and should be a lot higher up,to show how badly things have gone,AC Milan were predicted to finish 5th this season but things just didn't work out.Their team is actually of a similar age to mine so the players have room to grow,the team has 9 players (out of 31) worth more than £20 million so the quality is definitely there and the majority have a good personality as well so they have massively under achieved this season.

What to Come

fXsJnim.png?1

The club actually has a tycoon owner as well but I am not sure which one it is but with their spending,it could be a front end tycoon owner as they spent over £100 million this season.WIth this is in mind,you would think they will walk Serie B but that is not the case....

fzfkoiY.png?1

As you can see there are some limits in Serie B,you cannot sign anyone outside of the EU and any new signings made as a official Serie B side cannot earn more than £5k p.w and that could hamper them like it did to Sampdoria (they themselves have been relegated to the 3rd tier for the first time ever!)/The only reason why I managed to get around the £5k p.w limit is because most of mine were pre-arranged transfers so when I was in Serie C when I offered the contracts,the £5k p.w didn't apply then as there isn't a wage limit in the third tier.

It will certainly be interesting to see how AC Milan deal with this next sesaon.

Edited by B.W.G

13 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Milan :eek:

I didn't know about this wage limit, is it there from the start of the game?

I was surprised by it so that's why I did a little write up for it.

Yes,the wage limit has been there from the start.It was also the reason why I struggled to get a DC in January as there wasn't a massive amount of players who would take £5k p.w,If I didn't get the majority of players on pre-arranged transfers while I was in Serie C then this season would have been completely different.

May 2044

Fixtures

t8vk8n1.png?1

League Table

LVVQqLe.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Season is now over and we have come out of it with a double.A late goal saw us come out victorious against Pordenone while we thrashed Viterbese in the final game of the season.As for the TIM Cup,did we deserve to win...no we didn't as were second best throughout the game but a long range effort from Smola won us the game,Cremonese deserved the trophy but we ended up with it,not that I am complaining as playing in Europe next season will be a massive boost to our finances which is important if we are to make an impact in Serie A.

End of Season update to follow then onto Serie A we go!

wNxZ0bh.png?1

Virtus Entella - Serie BKT - End of Season - 2043/44

Season Review

Eleven players were released,these were players I was actively trying to sell but with no success so I had no choice but to release them.Five players went out on loan as I'm hoping they gain interest from other clubs,two players left the club to join others on frees but I have no problem with that.Seven players left the club for a combined fee of £45 million with Avdyl Dautaj being the biggest transfer at £34 million (possibly rising to £45.5 million).Fourteen players were bought in for a combined fee of £2.2 million,I am very lucky with having pre-arranged the first seven while I was in Serie C as they don't have a wage restriction,every players signed after the 1/7/43 is on £5k p.w or less which follows Serie B regulations.

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2 - Schedule 3

Competitions

Serie BKT - Winners

DHqa6Ma.png?1

The board wanted us to get promotion by winning the title and we did so in quite comfortable style as we finished twenty three points ahead of Spezia who came second.It was a tougher league than Serie C but if I didn't exploit the loop hole by accident then this would have been a different story as signing players to £5k p.w as a maximum wage is extremely difficult,if we didn't pre-arrange transger while we were in Serie C than this wouldn't have happened.

TIM Cup - Winners

STlVJgC.png?1

We beat Olbia,Genoa,AC Milan,Napoli.Bologna and Atalanta (5-2 on aggregate) to reach the final.As for the final we played Cremonese who themselves caused an upset by knocking out Serie Champions Juventus in the semi-final,the game saw Cremonese be the better team but a late Smola goal on the counter attack saw us snatch the win which was undeserved.On the other side we are now rolling in money,European football here we come.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

The Team

gLBPFDu.png?1

Mike Thompson

(Would have played more but received a season ending injury in January but still deserves a mention!)

Ippazio Montella

Tom Nissinen

Luigi Liera

Salvatore Toccane

Manager's Thoughts

We accomplished what was needed of us as we gained promotion by winning the league and that keeps me in a job a bit longer as this seems to be a high pressure role as they want us to get a mid-table position at minimum next season!The TIM Cup win was a welcomed surprise as that means we will playing in Europe next season and that means more income into the club coffers so that is always something I want.Unless we make a big sale then I won't actually be changing anything and will keep the faith in the players I have,if we can win the TIM Cup then I see no reason why that we can't push for a European spot in our first season in Serie A.My only concern from this season is that the number of injuries has been a lot higher than last season despite playing less so that has been an unusual thing for us,this could possibly mean some of the players have a higher injury proneness rating or just unfortunate (e.g Mike Thompson!)

We currently have £30 million in the bank and I will be asking the board to use some of that so we can start upgrading the facilities as well as the Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment,we were already in a solid position with regards to these but with having more money,we now have the room to further expand in these areas.Pre-Season should go smoothly for us as I won't be making any major changes to the team unless I need to,I don't really want to spend the money as money in Italian domestic football is actually terrible compared to other top flight leagues in the "Big 5" with regards to prize money.Watch out Serie A....here come the Black Devils!

Wn5gIvn.png

Commercial Summary

dTbsNpL.png?1

We were actually worse off by £75k so nothing to be too concerned about and we should make that back next season as we should gain more broadcast money by being in Serie A as well as in the Europa League.

Just now, rodesire said:

Absolutely legendary player, no idea why he was used so sparingly by the National team

He was indeed.

France had two absolute monsters up front for them,they were Ismael Hernandez (91 goals in 130 appearances for France) and Mateusz Piasecki (75 goals in 94 appearances),the latter is still only 28 years old so he has time to hit the 100 goal mark.

gNJszmL.png?1

Virtus Entella - Serie A TIM - Pre-Season - 2044/45

Season Preview - Expectations

For transfers,I kept everything down to as little as possible.Five players were released,none of these had a future at the club and I couldn't sell them,Luca Miele retired which was a bit of a problem as despite his age,I felt he could of gone on longer but he wouldn't reconsider his retirement.Three players were sold for a combined fee of £375k,I've got no problem with any of othe outgoings as they were not good enough for the team so I was just happy to receive money for two of them.Three players came in for a combined fee of £3.1 million,these three players will add depth to the team and each will be second choice for their position,Din will be the backup DL,Armeni the backup DR and N'Doye the back up ML.

Pre-Season Fixtures

pTs5FMC.png?1

Just the usual pre-season for us which is gaining match fitness and increasing morale as we get ready for the new season,there were no issues to come from these games so that is a plus.Maybe next year I will take the club out of Italy for pre-season!

The Team

ApuQnuf.png?1

NY4fRSg.png?1

Key Players

Luigi Liera

Tom Nissinen

Craig Reilly

Ippazio Montella

Lee Forrester

Alessandro De Giorgi

Salvartore Toccane

Manager's Thoughts

We are as ready as we could possibly be going into the new season.The board have set their expectations to get a mid-table finish which is also where the media have predicted us to finish although the odds of 39-1 to win the title is a bit bizarre as I have never seen odds of 39-1 in this save before.I didn't really want to make too many changes as I felt that the team could spring a surprise or two in the league as we did win the TIM Cup last season,the three signings we did make are back up cover for the first choices so if we do lose someone then we have a good replacement waiting in the wings.I'm happy with the team we have and there are no problems with any of the players which makes a first as it means everyone is happy for a change!

The finances are still in a good position as we have £24 million in the bank,we have used some of this as we have had Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment upgraded and now both of these are regarded as Excellent,we also had confirmation of the training facilities being upgraded and this will be completed in November,I was disappointed about the chairman refusing a upgrade for the youth facilities but I will keep asking him till he agrees as we need to up ours to match the majority of the league as only Salernitana have worse facilties than us!Europa League will also be important for us this season as that will net us extra income and that will be useful in the future,the more money we have than the more likely the chairman will agree to upgrade parts of the club.

Serie A....here come the Black Devils!

August 2044

Fixtures

OB4UThW.png?1

League Table

WhL0CMg.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

A brilliant start to the season as we won all three games.In the league we won both games but we were very fortunate to get three points in the match against Genoa,we had a corner which was then followed by a scramble in the box,a shot was then taken which deflected of De Giorgi and went the opposite way to the keeper was diving.No problem in the match against Brescia as we dominated it.We started off our TIM Cup campaign with a 4-0 win against Avellino,we won and there we no issues to come from the match as we progressed.

September sees us play six times,four are in the league and the other two are in the Europa League.In the league we are facing Hellas Verona,Cremonese,Fiorentina and Atalanta,I'm not going to set any targets yet so it's a case of wait and see what we do before I start making targets.In the Europa League,we kick off our campaign with games against Slovan Bratislava and Crvena Zvezda,ideally we need to win both of these games to give us the best chance as possible to qualify as the other team in the group is Dortmund.

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

You might have to become AC Milan Magaer....for a Fallen Giant save!

It could be something to do as a final hurrah to FM 20.

48 minutes ago, rodesire said:

Hold up, Milan relegated?

They got relegated last season,they finished in 18th with 30 points and they were ten points from surviving.They have had a mix start this season as they currently sit in 7th with eight points from five games.

September 2044

Fixtures

10RBX7q.png?1

Tables

3JOHJnW.png?1

WrZmchI.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The excellent start continues as we won every game during September.The four wins in the league mean we have a four point lead at the top of the table which is brilliant,we did have a couple of games which were late shows (vs Hellas Verona and vs Atalanta) as these games were decided late in the second half,we've held our luck this long and I can only wonder how much long it can carry on.No problems in either game in the Europa League as we dispatched of both teams with ease,Toccane netted a hat-trick in both games,what a brilliant poacher he is.

We play six times in October,five in the league and once in the Europa League.In the league we are facing Roma,Torino,Salernitana,Udinese and Inter,this is a pretty tough month so it will be interesting to see how we do,if we can keep a European spot then that will be brilliant as I think we should be aiming for higher than a mid-table finish.In the Europa League we are facing Dortmund,we are playing away from home so this will be our toughest fixture of the group stage,if we can come out of it with a draw then that will be brillaint for us as they are easily our toughest opponents in the group.

@karanhsingh Here you go 

Vly2LZo.png

I actually found him last season as he played against us while he was on loan at Parma.He was born in Pakistan but has English second nationality and he came through Bournemouth's youth system.Din has made two appearances so far but it would have been more if he didn't suffer a lower back stress fracture which kept him out for six weeks.

The only thing I find weird is that he hasn't been capped at any level for either England or Pakistan.

October 2044

Fixtures

pkZPwyp.png?1

Tables

zQcokvn.png?1

ZL34s8D.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It was a great month in the league as we picked up eleven points from fifteen which leaves us five points clear at the top of the table.I was a bit worried that we were about to suffer a downturn in form after the draws against Roma and Torino but we responded brilliantly with three wins which included a fantastic 2-0 win over Inter Milan.In the Europa League,we got the last laugh over Dortmund which left us in a firm position at the top of the group,the reason why I call the victory the last laugh is because we got called inferior which was really annoying,thankfully Burdon was on his game when it came to set pieces.

We play six times in November,three in the league,two in the Europa League and one in the TIM Cup.In the league we are facing Bologna.Spezia and Cagliari,my only aim is to keep our run going as we are exceeding our expectations and I would love it to continue as we will need European football constantly just for the financial gain we get from it.In the Europa League we are facing Dortmund and SLovan Bratislava,all we need is one win from either match and we will qualify from the group.In the TIM Cup we are facing Benevento,I will be fielding a strong team as I don't want to be on the receiving end of an upset.

20 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

@karanhsingh Here you go 

Vly2LZo.png

I actually found him last season as he played against us while he was on loan at Parma.He was born in Pakistan but has English second nationality and he came through Bournemouth's youth system.Din has made two appearances so far but it would have been more if he didn't suffer a lower back stress fracture which kept him out for six weeks.

The only thing I find weird is that he hasn't been capped at any level for either England or Pakistan.

That is weird! He would definitely be Pakistan's best player. Looks quite handy. 

2 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

That is weird! He would definitely be Pakistan's best player. Looks quite handy. 

His versatility is what appealed to me as he can play anywhere across the backline,it's been hard to find a player who can actually do that.

November 2044

Fixtures

zgpOMOD.png?1

Tables

firbDox.png?1

RIspKLd.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It wasn't too bad of a month as we won two out of three games as we got FM'd by Cagliari in the last league game of the month,we have dropped to second place as Roma have overtaken us but we do have a game in hand on them so we can easily take back first place if we win.The Europa League produced my favourite result ever as we beat Dortmund 9-2,I don't think any other win will topple this in this save,we also beat Slovan Bratislava in the other match as we qualified from the group with ease.The TIM Cup match against Benevento was moved into December as it is now televised.

December is a busy month as we play seven times,five in the league,one in the Europa League and one in the TIM Cup.In the league we are facing Lazio,Juventus,Livorno,Napoli and Sassuolo,it is a tough month but if we can stay in the top four then that will be brilliant as that is a Champions League spot.The Europa League sees us finish our group stage campaign against Crvena Zvezda,this games doesn't matter as we have qualified from the group in first so this is a dead rubber to us.The TIM Cup match is against Benevento,I will still be fielding a strong team as I want to keep progressing in this competition.

2 hours ago, B.W.G said:

1qdCJwD.png?1

FcYD8SN.png?1

giphy.gif

I feel like I've done that to CPU so many times recently. You sit back, soak the pressure, get your keeper overpowered and then score a random set-piece. 1-0 and Jose smiling in his dream.

Top start in Serie A as well :idiot:

I don’t understand why this club was so low with the players it has/had :idiot:

Europe is looking promising as well.

AC Milan really surprised me :stop:

What would you want from your youth intakes?

On 05/10/2020 at 14:43, Sonic Youth said:

Top start in Serie A as well :idiot:

I don’t understand why this club was so low with the players it has/had :idiot:

Europe is looking promising as well.

AC Milan really surprised me :stop:

What would you want from your youth intakes?

I'm not really surprised we are doing well as I make sure the player is right for what I want them to do.I spend a lot of time scouting and make sure I get the right player in for the roles I want although finding someone suitable for the Inverted Wing Back role is a lot tougher then I first thought.I usually look to see who's contract is up in the next year and scout them as you can pick up some bargains who will be really useful in the future.

I don't think it was the players fault they were relegated to Serie C,I put it down to the manager who was in charge and his tactics.The previous manager was playing a 4-2 (2DM's)-3-1,they were not scoring enough goals to stay up,this is also the same formation AC Milan played when they got relegated so I wonder if it is something to do with the formation.

What I really want from my intakes is some who can provide depth to the team as a back up so I would be looking at players who are rated at 2* PA and above as they can be useful.

December 2044

Fixtures

[img]https://i.imgur.com/yA8YCxw.png?1[/img]

Not showing image so here's a link!

League Table

[img]https://i.imgur.com/v07QJ2i.png?1[/img]

What I said about fixtures,same applies here!

Manager's Thoughts

First up sorry about the lack of updates as I've been struggling with motivational issues but I want to get this season done.Secondly,my aim is to now win the league as I think that could be my final hurrah for FM20 and I'm not sure if I can find the time in winning the Champions League.

For the month of December,we went unbeaten in the league as we picked up thirteen points from fifteen with the only points dropped coming in a surprisingly dull affair against Juventus,for that match,neither team looked like scoring and we could have played another ninety minutes and more than likely finished with the same score.The win against Lazio was brilliant as it was followed up by Lazio immediately sacking their manager.We topped the Europa League group with a easy 5=1 win against Crvena Zvezda,the TIM Cup also saw another easy win as we beat Benevento 3-0 to progress to the next round.

We play six times in January,four in the league,one in the TIM Cup and we play in the Supercoppa TIM Final.In the league we are facing Genoa,Brescia,Hellas Verona and Cremonese,I just want us to keep going like we have done as if we stay top then it will turn the pressure up on the chasing pack.In the TIM Cup we are facing Roma,having won this competition,I don't actually care about it now but I will field a strong team anyway but I am not bothered whether we win or lose this game.In the Supercoppa TIM FInal we are facing Juventus,this is the most important game of the month for me as it is one trophy we have not won so I will be fielding the strongest side possible as I want to add this trophy to the cabinet.

Edited by B.W.G