Penalty taker pop-up

right_winger

When your team gets a penalty kick awarded there is no option to quickly puase the game and change the taker as a one-off just before the kick. Eg you are 4-0 up and instead of your regular taker you want your goalie/youngster/veteran to score, or you want to add one more to your top scorer's goal tally or for any other reason. In theory if you are quick you could possibly go to Tactics and change it manually but not always you will be quick enough, especially when now a lot of pens are given after VAR review.

I requested it a few versions ago and I think I saw it implemented in FMT19 where there was a pop up for about 3 or 5 secs, but now I can't see it in the current version. I couldn't find it in the preferences either. Although I only play FMT on laptop so it could be that it is present but only in the full version. This is why I put this topic here and not the full FM feature requests and if that's the case please bring it back to FMT as well.

• 1 month later...
On 29/03/2020 at 12:06, FrazT said:

For info- it is definitely available in the full game.

But it doesn’t always appear before the penalty. For example, any penalties being checked by VAR and then given, the pop up doesn’t appear. Would be nice if the game automatically paused before a penalty and asked you who you wanted to take it. I understand you can set player orders for penalties but like the OP said, this can change game to game, or based on what has happened up to that point in that match.

• 11 months later...