Giving retiring players a coach role bug

I am not sure if this is a bug, I have given a player who is retiring a role as a coach, however, after giving him the coach role, he did not retire as expected.

Also, after giving him the role as a coach first time, the "Offer Contract", "Move to reserves" and "Actions" buttons disappear, leaving only with "Transfer Status" button. However, if you sack him from the coach role, and give him the coach role again, the buttons will return - but he will have a strained relationship with you. Please test this out.

2 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

When you say he didn't 'retire' - do you mean instantly or at the date he'd planned to? ...

He said he had planned to retire at the end of his contract, and I gave him a coach role on his last year of his contract. In the end, he is still there as a player the following season. :lol:

I am testing it again with another player. Waiting for his contract to end. 

On 24/03/2020 at 15:26, iHoow said:

He said he had planned to retire at the end of his contract, and I gave him a coach role on his last year of his contract. In the end, he is still there as a player the following season. :lol:

I am testing it again with another player. Waiting for his contract to end. 

Hi, I could not reproduce this? 

For example, I had Buffon who is planning to retire at the end of the season. I gave him a coaching role in March, and he still retired properly at the end of the season. 

Was there anything specific you noticed you did differently to that?