Playstation 5 Discussion

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a weak month although a lot of people will like final fantasy. maquette releasing as a free game. 

4 minutes ago, PleasedToMichu said:

Never played an Oddworld game so will happily give this one a go for free :thup:

Missed out on some ps2 classic there 

2 hours ago, sean_oc16 said:

Yeah, I've also been getting frequent crashes since the update, putting me off playing and hoping for another patch that actually fixes it.

Yeah me as well. Poor show 

1 hour ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

If you want any help/tips/pointers just shout, Bloodborne was my first Souls game as well and Central Yarnham utterly baffled me at first :D 

I'm at the part in Central Yarnhan where you go across the bridge. The first batch of enemies aren't an issue. It's the battalion :D in the square. So many of them.

23 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

I'm at the part in Central Yarnhan where you go across the bridge. The first batch of enemies aren't an issue. It's the battalion :D in the square. So many of them.

You need to learn to pull them in smaller groups, here's a video i made (6 years ago) demonstrating (watch from 5 minutes)

Oh, and don't forget to be aggressive when you can - that health you lose you can still recover while it's orange by hitting them.

Edited by Bootador
2 hours ago, CraigFairlie said:

Won a giftcard at work, so managed to get Sackboy for £37. Happy days.

Best exclusive on the console imo....if you can, play it 2 player, it's hilarious.

1 hour ago, Bootador said:

You need to learn to pull them in smaller groups, here's a video i made (6 years ago) demonstrating (watch from 5 minutes)

Oh, and don't forget to be aggressive when you can - that health you lose you can still recover while it's orange by hitting them.

Just watched the video and I approached that part the same as you really, tried to lure out that big group a couple at a time but was drawing too many and getting overwhelmed. 

Heading on now for another crack at it. 

Yess! Done the bit I was stuck on. Might've taken me about 2.5 hours but I've done it. Now I need to find a light post thing to checkpoint it. 

Also realized after reading CJ's post you can just run past that mob and go under the alley at the far end. :D

So I'm wondering what the **** that banging is. Have a look around and this giant 15 foot door is almost giving way. Fuccckk opening that right now. :D

Edited by craigcwwe
23 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

So I'm wondering what the **** that banging is. Have a look around and this giant 15 foot door is almost giving way. Fuccckk opening that right now. :D

15 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

I died around the corner. :(

If that doesn't sum up every souls game then I dunno what does :lol:

4 hours ago, Bootador said:

Right, so I watched the last part of this Boots, (Only watched up to the part you take out the mob in the courtyard thing previously, as didn't want to spoil anything beyond that) and I didn't know there was a route back around to the lamp post before you cross the bridge. 

That means, next time I load it up, I'll try and take out the big group again and then turn left, loop back around to the bridge to save and then proceed from there. I assume that'll save me having to fight that mob if I die after that part if you follow? 

1 hour ago, BigV said:

If that doesn't sum up every souls game then I dunno what does :lol:

Ha, sad thing is, it wasn't even the big bastard I died to. I skipped fighting him in search of a lamppost to save and got ambushed. Gutting. :( 

1 hour ago, wkdsoul said:

Its arrived! weekend sorted :) 

Nice. Enjoy dude. :) 

Edited by craigcwwe
5 hours ago, CraigFairlie said:

Won a giftcard at work, so managed to get Sackboy for £37. Happy days.

2 hours ago, Rebs said:

Best exclusive on the console imo....if you can, play it 2 player, it's hilarious.

See if Powlay will play it with you, Craig. 

6 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Right, so I watched the last part of this Boots, (Only watched up to the part you take out the mob in the courtyard thing, as didn't want to spoil anything beyond that) and I didn't know there was a route back around to the lamp post before you cross the bridge. 

That means, next time I load it up, I'll try and take out the big group and then turn left, loop back around to the bridge to save and then proceed from there. I assume that'll save me having to fight that mob if I die after that part if you follow? 

Ha, sad thing is, it wasn't even the big bastard I died too. I skipped him fighting him in search of a lamppost to save and got ambushed. Gutting. :( 

Nice. Enjoy dude. :) 

Yeah that loop back saves you having to do Central Yharnam again unless you need to grind blood vials

6 minutes ago, Bootador said:

Yeah that loop back saves you having to do Central Yharnam again unless you need to grind blood vials

Great stuff. :thup:

4 minutes ago, Bootador said:

Souls games are built around short cuts like that when you think all hope is lost

I actually went looking for a shortcut on that left hand side first too and didn't notice it. Damn. 

6 hours ago, sean_oc16 said:

Yeah, I've also been getting frequent crashes since the update, putting me off playing and hoping for another patch that actually fixes it.

Good news is that there's a patch coming next week to fix it. 

Just now, wkdsoul said:

its so much better though.  Its looks like borderlands on the ps4.. terrible loading

Borderlands? That's generous. I'd say Goldeneye, after you'd had a pencil shoved through one eyeball.

Having issues with the controller, if I turn my ps off while the controller is fully charged, next time I turn it on, the battery is dead :(

Hopefully a controller reset works but if not might have to get in touch with sony, luckily I ended up buying another controller with the package deal 

1 hour ago, bigmarsh said:

Not good @BigV , luckily you have the 2nd controller. I set mine to switch off after 10 minutes of inactivity but this seems like the battery just not holding the charge :(

I too have that setting on, i looked up online and the reset did okay for some so hopefully it does when i go on it later.

Not sure how that works though, I can play through games but then the battery keeps on going even when the ps5 is off, strange one. 

Edit: It's working!! :hammer:

Edited by BigV