Playstation 5 Discussion

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He reminds me of the Dean in community with a wig on. He's really over explaining everything in a way that literally no customer needs. I also can't believe he's trying to say backwards compatibility has been difficult for them for PS4 to PS5. 

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

i mean what we looking at 500 quid release?

I'd be surprised if it was less. I've heard £499 mentioned, but there was also a leak from a (Finnish? I can't remember) retail website on Reddit that had it priced in equivalent GBP as about £700.

Surely the market would get ruined if they priced it that high, the demand would plummet. If xbox were around 500 quid then xbox would ruin them in sales, be balsy of both companies to reach that far considering the price difference from previous versions. 

I'd be surprised if it even released this year.  If it did, there will be major shortages.  Think PS2 type shortages and multiply it a few times.

The PS2 served me well though. It made me plenty of cash back yonder. Enough for a good weekend or 2.  I was one of the very lucky ones that got it at release.  I got bored of it within a month and sold it to a second hand shop for over £100 more than I paid for it due to the scarcity of the unit.

New controller doesn't look the best, ngl. Hopefully my Scuf is compatible and I'll just stick to that 

I reckon there will be an all black one in terms of console and pad. 

my nipper wants one, its his birthday in November,  so if its 500 he can have it as a joint birthday/xmas gift. Any more and ill tell him Santa spent all his money on whiskey and hookers :thup:

I am not sure that built in microphone will be great either, it reminds me of the early days of Xbox One and Kinect when a lot of people would use it on live instead of a proper mic and the background noise was super irritating. 

6 hours ago, Paul Bacon said:

Great, another touchpad. So how many games wont use it this generation?

I honestly forget my Dualshock 4 has one until i accidentally press it and i'm like "woah what on earth, it clicks in?! oh yeah its the touchpad..."

Hoping to have enough set aside to pick up both this and the new xbox upon release, but will prioritise Xbox if i can't get both.

I haven't bought a PS since PS2 but I'll probably get this one. When I play PS4 at my friends' there's so much stuff that I'm not in the loop, I think I need a refreshment on modern consoles :lol: 

Sony's PlayStation 5 production output will reportedly be "limited" in the first year of its launch, despite its production capacity being unaffected so far by COVID-19.A Bloomberg report cites "people familiar with the matter", claiming that Sony is set to produce fewer PS5 units in the console's first year than it did for PS4's launch in 2013. According to Bloomberg's sources, Sony will make "5 to 6 million units of the PS5 in the fiscal year ending March 2021." For some perspective on that figure, the PS4 sold over 7 million units in around five months.

The reasoning for that apparently comes down more to the effect of a higher price tag affecting demand, rather than COVID-19 related production problems. The report notes that Sony anticipates the console's price tag to come in at around "$499 to $549." The scarcity of components is reportedly making it difficult for Sony to pin down a price for the PS5.

According to Bloomberg's sources - who requested not to be identified - the COVID-19 pandemic has affected Sony's "promotional plans for the new device," but its production capacity for the PS5 remains unchanged.

As such, it's thought that Sony may "forgo hosting a public press conference" due to fears pertaining to the coronavirus. Bloomberg's sources noted that this pressure impacted the reveal of the DualSense controller, which was "hurried" due to the potential for leaks after sharing the controller's design with developers outside of Sony.

It's also worth noting that the report mentions that the production capacity for the PS5 "could still change" as the unpredictable COVID-19 pandemic rages on.Yet a launch window of the 2020 holiday season is still likely, with Bloomberg's sources noting that it wouldn't change as long as Microsoft keeps to its plans to launch the Xbox Series X at the end of the year. Sony itself has previously said it won't delay launch, but industry analysts have previously warned that we could see launch shortages.

For more on PlayStation 5, be sure to check out the PS5's full specs and how it compares to Xbox Series X, why audio could be Sony's next-gen console's killer feature, and how the DualSense compares to every other PlayStation controller.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-stock-limited-price-higher

Potentially £100+ more than the PS4 launch price.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, craigcwwe said:

Should be interesting to see if they show exclusives, first party, marketing partnered third party or a mix. Hopefully they learn from Xbox and actually do gameplay rather than trailers. Still not convinced their SSD tech will be utilised on anything other than first party games, but I would love to see a dev or two change my mind on that too,

3 hours ago, bestbrother said:

GTA6 is what im pining my hopeson.

A return to the 80s would be nuts

Would love to see that, but I don't think even Rockstar release info so far in advance. A lot of speculation that their next release is FY22-23 because they've put a marketing budget proposal in for $89m.