[FM20] FIFA World Leagues - A new take on the super league idea.

Introductory Ramble.

Ever since we have had a pre-game editor, we have had super league files. Where the biggest and best clubs in the world are pitted against each other. There is recently one released by Fenech which you can see by clicking that link. The idea of being able to play such a league has always been a draw (although less so in recent years it seems). The one thing you can note about almost all super league type files that have existed previously is that they are generally Europe centred. Which entirely makes sense, since most of the big clubs in the world are here. However, this means they lack that ... exotic touch. You play the same teams you would play in the UCL, just more often. They are challenging, but somehow they always feel the same. 

This is where I come in. I have pondered this for a while and I have tried to make something a little bit more unique. Something that is more interesting, and at the same time more challenging. One of the issues with older super league is that there was very little incentive to manage an African team, or an Asian team. You had a very low ceiling without being able to invest immense amounts of money. It was very challenging, but ultimately futile. You were unlikely to get TP Mazembe to the top flight. This may be a nice challenge for those who enjoy these things, but the majority of players probably do not. So I have made something entirely different, which I will describe now.

The Idea.

How to stop a super league being dominated by European sides? Well, my idea is to have 4 parallel streams running throughout the pyramid. These four streams will join in the first two level of the pyramid to create a global championship. Those four streams will be continents; Africa, Americas (North, Central and South), Asia (with Oceania) and Europe. I had dreams of a pyramid that looked like this:

2071199017_Superleagueidea.thumb.png.1660cc622e77e1f9b1a04234adb0c6ee.png

Where we separate into pyramids based on regions after a certain level. But then, how to ensure that the top two divisions are not just populated by European sides after a few seasons? 

Well, the idea is to keep the regionalisation all the way to the top. The top two divisions are composed of 24 teams, 6 from each region I have defined. Games are played between all teams, but relegation and promotion remains regional. So 1 team from each region is relegated and one promoted. So the top two divisions will have 6 teams from each region. Forever. Suddenly, playing as an African or Asian team does not seem so bad. There is a path to the top, where you will have to beat similar teams before you get to play with the big boys. Something that is balanced and challenging for all continents. A truly world wide super league, that will stay so forever. 

The League System. 

Prem.thumb.png.8f054a85cd3fb203eb803643c064edd6.png

Here you start to see the idea. There are 24 teams split into 4 groups of 6. Group A is for Africa. Group B is for Americas. Group C is for Asia. Group D is for Europe. Each group has one playoff spot (we will get there) and one relegation spot. So in Europe one of those very big teams will get relegated. 

The games are arranged so that each team plays the teams in its group twice, and the teams in each of the other groups once. Which gives a total of 28 games. This is going to lead to a lot of easy games for European sides, but the dynamic is super interesting. You cannot afford a bad result as a European side, when the group will be close. You have to win the games outside your group. A draw with ES Sahel could see you relegated. The games within your pool are also absolutely vital. You want to stay up? You have to win the games in your pool. This is true of all pools. 

There end of the season tournament to decide the champions. Each group winner earns a place. So you have a representative of every group. So every team has something to play for. You should be involved in a relegation scrap or a battle for a playoff place. No midtable obscurity here! In addition, the best 4 teams who have not already qualified as group winners will reach the playoffs. There is a overall league table which covers this. In reality, for the first few years expect this to be all the European sides who are not relegated to qualify. But there is the chance to improve and get here as another side, if you can do well enough. The playoff is a seeded draw (that does not work properly yet, sorry) straight knockout, with one leg. Seeded by being a group winner, and then by your league position.

The First Division

image.thumb.png.0ade9afb337e4f6656b71d7cf366edee.png

This works in exactly the same way as the Premier Division. Except I did not make an end of season playoff (maybe I will add one for group winners). The way the fixtures works is identical. No more to add.

The Second Division.

Here we regionalise fully. We get four separate groups of 16 teams, where you only play games within your group. So African teams play African sides, European sides play European sides (and so on). So the challenge remains. Everyone will be quite equal in ability (well, more or less. I use a website with club rankings, which can throw up some interesting weak sides who get pasted. I will leave them, since they clearly earned their ranking). This means that you are always in competitive matches. More, there is one promotion place for 16 clubs. This is the absolute hardest division to get out of. Three teams are relegated from each group. So it is a little easier to get out that way! Here are the leagues.

image.thumb.png.7147fae9b10fd9f3d9a4a189bca703cf.png

image.thumb.png.fc6f9a2bb1f74df9b32de0fe065d325b.png

The Third Division.

This works exactly like the second division in every way, except there are 3 promotion spots.

image.thumb.png.2446dbb40c004c2ec41cbf203aaafb35.png

image.thumb.png.8696b1326a98d9b2b69646d62b0cdd6a.png

The Fourth Division.

This is the same as the third division, in every way except the teams, obviously.

image.thumb.png.bc7703eeb2d210a3c05fea57862b7fe6.png

image.thumb.png.d30cf97b1cce53f6eaad4a4de507585d.png

What is that weird Fifth Division?

In all honestly, it is a hack to make sure I get the correct teams promoted into the fourth division, which is currently the lowest on the pyramid. It is not playable, and you should not try to play in it. I needed active sub divisions to separate teams for relegation and promotion between the fourth and fifth division. So these are just dummy competitions. Nothing matters here. The 12 teams who are selected for promotion can be found here, if you want to check early. They are selected at random from a large pool, but this is the hack I have found to make sure I can ensure 3 promotions from each region. Not beautiful, but it works. You can see I am used to back end programming.

The cup competitions. 

I am not going to screen shot them all, because I do not have them drawn in the example I have been using. There are 6 cup competitions.

The FIFA World Club Cup.

This is a straight knockout tournament between all teams in the pyramid. The leagues are progressively added in round by round. The lower division side plays at home. Which makes the competition more difficult to win the higher up the pyramid you are. You have to play away against potentially very strong opposition. If you win this regularly, you are a god. Or very, very lucky with the draw. 

The FIFA League cups.

Each competition has a cup competition just for teams in that level. This is to pad out the season a little bit. 

For the Premier and First division, there is first a group stage with 8 groups of 3 teams. Group winners go into quarter finals, which are two legged affairs all the way to the final. 

For the Second to Fourth Division, there is a straight knock out competition. So at least you get to play the teams in your league but not your region. 

The problems I still have.

Fixture dates simply do not work, for some reason. And the game is assigning fixtures very weirdly. I had one example of a team with 41 days between games. I have tried my best to get rid of this, but if you see it I am sorry. It is a bug, I think, and there is limited things I can do. If it is a severe issue, I will manually add season dates. This also means all games are generally played at the same time. 

I have not checked in a very detailed way how well balanced the leagues are. I want to make every team rich, so eventually African, Asian and American sides can catch up with the Europeans. I have not had the time to run a long term test on this. So it could be a little iffy. At least nobody seems to go bankrupt. It will take a long time to build up all the teams anyway. 

There are a lot of teams without many players in the database. Which sucks. If you can find player packs, you can try them (I may see if I can adapt my Africa Extended file to be compatible). 

Probably many more. You can let me know if you find them. I plan to continue working on this. Let's call this a beta.

What I still plan to do.

- There are U23 and U18 leagues, which mirror the parent divisions. I would like to make these into separate pyramids so they have promotion and relegation independent of this.

- I am considering adding playoffs at all levels. At least that way we get league winners. However, it was not critical for me to record this below level 2. 

- I may look at adding extra teams. I have 5 levels right now because the teams worked out nicely in the cup. In principle, now I have this working, I can add as many levels as possible. If I find a convincing and reliable way to do further regionalization, I will think about adding that. 

Download.

The file is attached at the end of this post. 

To install, save the file to "C:\Users\Your username\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\editor data"

Select the file when you start a new game. Then you want to select Gibraltar. You MUST select the fifth level even if you do not use it. This ensure teams stay separated properly.

I will get round to uploading this to steam as well. I will publish the link when it is done.

Thanks! Let me know about issues you find. Or ideas you have to make this even more fun. 

Download updated 22/05/20.

There are now two files. The one with "no player rules" does not contain registration rules requiring players trained at the club. So take your pick which you want to use.

Note I will detail what I have changed tomorrow (no time now, sorry!). The most important thing is that finances are much better now I am not giving everyone 3x the amount I wanted to!

SuperLeague v0.80.fmf SuperLeague v0.80 no player rules.fmf

Edited by sporadicsmiles
Minor changes to download file

1 hour ago, Fenech said:

Thank you for the mention, that is very kind of you and I like the idea.  An interesting take on a World Super League. Well done on showing great creativity with this. :applause:

No worries, Yours is the first traditional super league I have seen here for FM20, and is very nice work!

Nice spin on the Super League theme.

Your top division set-up looks something like a league I would love to create for Scotland - Copying a little bit from the NFL had thought of local groups and teams quantifying for play-offs.

I am a complete amateur when it comes to the editor - all I have really down is basics like move clubs or players around - how hard is it to create this style of league - is it something that would need the advanced editor?

Cheers

8 hours ago, perfect79 said:

I am a complete amateur when it comes to the editor - all I have really down is basics like move clubs or players around - how hard is it to create this style of league - is it something that would need the advanced editor?

It does need the advanced editor, but I do not find it too complicated. It can be tricky as a beginner because the number of options are overwhelming. Feel free to look at how I did it in the editor and if you want to use ideas from there in your own file go right ahead.

Looks like after 5 seasons the other continents are challenging european teams although they are still winning all trophies, very good mod! I modified your file to have 200 youth rating in every country so all leagues are starting to hace powerful regens and a better pool of players in the long term and it's doing wonders for the teams from other continents.

I think that league one does have a lot of reputation, it looks like players don't mind playing in the highest division or the second one, the same with league two and three. It could be readjusted in some way I guess.

If you can do separate pyramids for u23 and u18 leagues it would be awesome.

Did you thought about changing from 1 relegation to 2 relegations in Premier Division? I went on vacation for all of these seasons but I feel like I am seeing the same teams every season, especially in the european group.

FIFA World Premier League_ Profile.png

Edited by kembb

20 hours ago, kembb said:

Looks like after 5 seasons the other continents are challenging european teams although they are still winning all trophies, very good mod

Cheers. The idea was to actually allow non-European teams to actually grow and give a world wide flavour! 

I modified your file to have 200 youth rating in every country so all leagues are starting to hace powerful regens and a better pool of players in the long term and it's doing wonders for the teams from other continents.

That is actually a good idea. I might play around with that myself for a future release. I never really put much thought into regens when I was building this. It would be good to keep a good balance of nationalities in the game though. 

I think that league one does have a lot of reputation, it looks like players don't mind playing in the highest division or the second one, the same with league two and three. It could be readjusted in some way I guess.

I kept the reputation of the divisions as close as possible, because I do not want a mass exodus of players from the lower leagues because the game perceives them as far down the pyramid now. I wanted to make sure it was still very difficult to assemble a super team based of players in leagues lower than your own. For example, I would want Kane to stay at Tottenham unless a huge bid came in, not ask for a move because his level is too low.

Did you thought about changing from 1 relegation to 2 relegations in Premier Division? I went on vacation for all of these seasons but I feel like I am seeing the same teams every season, especially in the european group.

I did, but I wanted to avoid the situation where a team can be relegated and win the competition. Which is possible for European teams at the start of the game. You can be pretty sure that the 4 teams qualified from league position will from Europe. Perhaps a relegation playoff could be worked out though. It is worth looking at.

FIFA World Premier League_ Profile.png

Check out Asia and African teams getting into the playoffs by league position! That is awesome! Cheers for that!

I kept going on holidays to see what happens in the future and a lot of things changed. Here you have some screens, if you need info on something let me know. It looks like the reputation issue is going on. European teams are still the major money splashers but look at those Golden Ball and league winners, a lot of them are from non-European clubs! For example, Inter in the last season is one of the candidates for relegation after his promotion to the first division and I like it a lot.

FIFA World Premier League_ Season Preview.png

World_ Award Winners.png

World_ List.png

World_ Transfers.png

FIFA World Premier League_ Past Winners.png

2 hours ago, kembb said:

I kept going on holidays to see what happens in the future and a lot of things changed. Here you have some screens, if you need info on something let me know. It looks like the reputation issue is going on. European teams are still the major money splashers but look at those Golden Ball and league winners, a lot of them are from non-European clubs! For example, Inter in the last season is one of the candidates for relegation after his promotion to the first division and I like it a lot.

Cheers for that! I am glad that I have created something that seems to more or less work pretty well! I am running my own test at the moment (although not as long as yours I guess) to check out what happens long term with finances, stadiums and reputation. I imagine that everyone kinda levels out at the same reputation eventually. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Shookis said:

looks amazing!

I'm gonna fire up a league tomorrow. 

Any idea when the next update might come out? 

interested to see how finances, regens, etc are working in your test!

I will update the file later today. I have made some changes and honestly just flat out forgot to upload the file.

- I have fixed substitution rules to be 3 from 12 in all leagues.

- Got rid of a bug (I think I introduced it myself during testing so it was not here) where over 34 players were ineligible.

- Gave every country a 200 youth rating for better newgens (thanks for the idea @kembb)

- Adding a fully functional and independent U23 league structure. Exact same setup as the main leagues, but promotion/relegation is independent. So look after your U23s or they could drop out of the league. An U18 system is coming too, but I am focused on other editor things at the moment.

Some known problems.

- Fixtures outside the top division are still being set up weird by the game. No idea why, I will get round to fixing it at some point.

- Finances are very generous, but that point is to eventually make everyone good. May need to nerf it.

- Some competitions like to clash with international football and you have to request postponements. 

I will update the first post.

This is a cool idea. I simulated to 2032 to see what the impact on finances are. Most teams have between 150 and 500 million. I'm going to adjust it down and do another simulation.

I also noticed some errors:

Prize money for finishing position in Premier lists position "0" twice. The result is the top team gets 35m and 2nd place gets 75m.

Division 2: Prize money for 10th place is listed as "0". Result is 1st place is getting 19m, 2nd place 50m, and 10th place nothing.

Hope that helps. Thank you for putting all of this together :)

4 hours ago, chucklechuck said:

This is a cool idea. I simulated to 2032 to see what the impact on finances are. Most teams have between 150 and 500 million. I'm going to adjust it down and do another simulation.

I'd knock down the TV money, it will be easier and faster. Let me know what you find though. I will make changes for a future release if you find something a bit more stable. Say most teams stabilize around 100m. I want the weaker teams to be able to catch up to the stronger teams at the start of the game.

4 hours ago, chucklechuck said:

Prize money for finishing position in Premier lists position "0" twice. The result is the top team gets 35m and 2nd place gets 75m.

Division 2: Prize money for 10th place is listed as "0". Result is 1st place is getting 19m, 2nd place 50m, and 10th place nothing.

Cheers for that, I have made a note and I will change it for the next release. I will try to add U18 teams for this release too. 

45 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I'd knock down the TV money, it will be easier and faster. Let me know what you find though. I will make changes for a future release if you find something a bit more stable. Say most teams stabilize around 100m. I want the weaker teams to be able to catch up to the stronger teams at the start of the game.

Cheers for that, I have made a note and I will change it for the next release. I will try to add U18 teams for this release too. 

How about just changing the finances of the weaker teams so that they have, say, 100m at the start?

Another small change I made: lowered the reputation of all other club competitions.

The ones no longer active, really? That is something I usually do, I just never got round to it yet.

7 minutes ago, chucklechuck said:

How about just changing the finances of the weaker teams so that they have, say, 100m at the start?

May sound weird for a league like this, but it is a bit artificial. I like the idea of taking over a team from Africa and struggling to win a game outside your division for a few years while you grow. It is a matter of scaling. I want there to be organic growth of small sides. Not instantly equal, but not taking 10+ years. If you see what I mean. It makes so many interesting dynamics then. You can start as a powerhouse from Europe, but know the world is creeping up on your and the easy days are numbered. Or an American side, who are closer to the top and can make the leap sooner. Or an Asian side, who are likely a long way from the top but you can see how to get there. Or an African side, where you may struggle for a long time to catch up. Adds flavour to your choices.

25 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

The ones no longer active, really? That is something I usually do, I just never got round to it yet.

May sound weird for a league like this, but it is a bit artificial. I like the idea of taking over a team from Africa and struggling to win a game outside your division for a few years while you grow. It is a matter of scaling. I want there to be organic growth of small sides. Not instantly equal, but not taking 10+ years. If you see what I mean. It makes so many interesting dynamics then. You can start as a powerhouse from Europe, but know the world is creeping up on your and the easy days are numbered. Or an American side, who are closer to the top and can make the leap sooner. Or an Asian side, who are likely a long way from the top but you can see how to get there. Or an African side, where you may struggle for a long time to catch up. Adds flavour to your choices.

Yeah, I hear you. One thing I've noticed so far is that some teams are getting huge sponsorship deals. I don't know if it's possible to affect that, might have to do with competition reputation? If the teams higher up are getting bigger deals, that will affect the balance.

For teams entering from Division 5, do you want them to have a chance to remain in the main league? Because if they are coming in with no money and the teams above them have 100m, they will just drop back down again. I think it would be cool to simulate one season and then try and take one of the promoted teams to the top :)

This is great. Awesome work! I've played a few world leagues before but the system here is the best by far. I love that it's a legitimate world league. The grouping means that you can play as asian, african or american teams and not be blown away week in week out by the big euro sides. 

I've started a dummy game as the wonderfully named 'Chicken Inn'. Unsure whether I start as a Kasier Chiefs, Boca Juniors or FC Tokyo. So many options!!

I'm gonna have a play with the database before i start the real game. I should be able to amend the competition prize money above. What other changes do you guys recommend? I see TV money could be brought down but how much would you recommend?

10 hours ago, chucklechuck said:

One thing I've noticed so far is that some teams are getting huge sponsorship deals.

I have no idea if I can influence that, but I can look into it. 

10 hours ago, chucklechuck said:

For teams entering from Division 5, do you want them to have a chance to remain in the main league? Because if they are coming in with no money and the teams above them have 100m, they will just drop back down again. I think it would be cool to simulate one season and then try and take one of the promoted teams to the top :)

That is actually a very good point. I will have to see what I can do about that. I have not thought about it really. I did not want a closed system, but yeah they are gonna be screwed if they are totally inactive.

7 hours ago, Shookis said:

This is great. Awesome work! I've played a few world leagues before but the system here is the best by far. I love that it's a legitimate world league. The grouping means that you can play as asian, african or american teams and not be blown away week in week out by the big euro sides. 

That was my aim! 

7 hours ago, Shookis said:

I'm gonna have a play with the database before i start the real game. I should be able to amend the competition prize money above. What other changes do you guys recommend? I see TV money could be brought down but how much would you recommend?

Id suggest getting hold of a file that adds Japanese players (and checking it does not mess up the league system when you run both files). 

loving the setup.

i was just wondering when the next update might be available?  basically wondering if i start my journeyman save now (which will be a long term thing) or just jump in at a decent level club and have some fun for a while as i know i'll be wanting to start a new save once the next version is out.

thanks!

17 hours ago, Shookis said:

loving the setup.

i was just wondering when the next update might be available?  basically wondering if i start my journeyman save now (which will be a long term thing) or just jump in at a decent level club and have some fun for a while as i know i'll be wanting to start a new save once the next version is out.

thanks!

I doubt I will get the time to do anything before the weekend. 

no stress buddy, i'll start one up as the arsenal and have a play over the next few days. I've been furloughed today so have no work for at least three weeks, probably a lot longer, so this is gonna be a life saver! Really appreciate the thought and work you've put into it.

1 hour ago, Shookis said:

no stress buddy, i'll start one up as the arsenal and have a play over the next few days. I've been furloughed today so have no work for at least three weeks, probably a lot longer, so this is gonna be a life saver! Really appreciate the thought and work you've put into it.

I'm working on the fixing the issues people pointed out and trying to get the fixture schedule to not be too stupid right now. Most of that seems to work. Then I want to add the U18 leagues before I release since I have one level done. But this is slow and annoying to edit as I have to manually make them, so I have to be motivated! 

I hope you enjoy it!

An update for those following.

- I have created U18 leagues which have independent promotion and relegation of teams. So your U18s can rise/fall independently of your first team. Gives you an extra bit of fun. Also collects U18 players in a meaningful competition so they can. You could even try to manage yourself. This joins the U23 leagues already implemented. I will eventually add awards for these competitions too, to add some flavour to the game.

- I have fixed the bugs reported to me in this thread.

- I have implemented a squad registration with 25 players, 8 of which should be trained at the club before they are 21. There are a few reasons for this. One is to stop teams from buying random players and to keep some national flavour to each team. The second is to encourage everyone to develop their kids and make them harder to buy (in principle). The third is to ensure that plenty of teams are encouraged to keep their young players and play them in the U23 and U18 leagues to make sure they can fill the home grown quota. Not sure if any of these will work. U23 players will not have to be registered. What do you guys think of this? Supportive or not? Probably makes it a little harder to start as a smaller team. A version with and without, perhaps? So people can choose. 

- Still trying to balance finances a bit better. I have reduced TV money, but teams still up with 1bn in the bank after around 10 years. Which is probably too much, since there is no financial aspect of the game. Takes a long time to properly do this, as I need 10 years simming all leagues. And I do not want to do it when I can play myself. I will continue to work on this aspect. 

Please let me know any suggestions of other things you would like to see implemented. 

And if anyone knows how to make referees from other nations officiate the games in the competitions, please let me know. I would like to have this feature to add a little more realism.

All being well, I will test this tomorrow at some point to ensure the new U18 comps are not going to do weird things. And upload later that day. 

These changes sound awesome. Looking forward to it!

You might want to test that newgens are working properly. I simmed to 2036 and it seemed many teams only had a few. It used to be that the based nation has to be set to the original nationality of the club to get the right nationality of newgens but not sure if that's still the case. For some of your clubs everything is set to Gibraltar. For others, it's a mix.

I added a foreign player rule to ensure the "national flavour" but that might be a bit extreme.

6 hours ago, chucklechuck said:

You might want to test that newgens are working properly. I simmed to 2036 and it seemed many teams only had a few. It used to be that the based nation has to be set to the original nationality of the club to get the right nationality of newgens but not sure if that's still the case. For some of your clubs everything is set to Gibraltar. For others, it's a mix.

I will be sure to check it out. In my last sim there were plenty of newgens of the correct nationality, but I will make sure all teams are producing them. 

Original post updated with the new download file.

• Fixed incorrect prize money.
  • Tweaked finances a bit (still needs work).
  • Added fully functional and independent pyramid for U18 teams.
  • All competitions have fixed dates so the scheduling should appear more normal and not overlap so much with international callups.
  • All cup competitions should now respect international breaks a bit better. 
  • Added registration rules for all leagues. 25 players in squad. 8 home grown by club. U23 players do not have to be registered. 

I am going to continue to work on the financial balancing side of things.

I'm a fan of the home grown rule. Think it's good to have a bit of that in there. 

Everything looks great. Only thing I might need to do is swap cork city in the there for Dundalk but that's purely selfish on my part!

9 hours ago, Shookis said:

I'm a fan of the home grown rule. Think it's good to have a bit of that in there. 

Everything looks great. Only thing I might need to do is swap cork city in the there for Dundalk but that's purely selfish on my part!

Go for it! You will want to swap the U23 and U18 sides too (you will have to make them).

Couple of small notes on the database for the next update:

Cape Town City FC are in World League Div 5 - Americas  

World League Division Two ‘Afirca’ (mispelt)

I'll let you know if I notice anything else but looks great to me!

I have updated the database to change the errors noted above.

This weekend, if I have the time, I am going to try to work out how to properly get the playoffs to map, so you have a seeding system based on winning your group and where you finished in the overall table. I may also add end of season cups for levels 2 and below, so the league gets a winner in the end. 

Alright, I have figured out why finances are so messed up. I had copied the league system for the U23 and U18 leagues from the main divisions rather than creating them again from scratch. This made sense since they have identical setups. However I stupidly forgot to modify all the payments you get for the main leagues. So basically you are getting three times the payment. Once for main, once for U23, once for U18. I only realise this after actually finishing a season and getting 3 lots of payments and being confused. 

I will fix this and we should stop seeing everyone getting super rich so fast. 

• 2 weeks later...

hello mate, 

so yesterday i decided that i wanted to play as Vissel Kobe from the J League in your division 4.  

I looked and noticed that all the Japanese teams were wrong, eg. Kashima Antlers were called Yokahama etc (weird cause thats a completely different city) and then I realised that FM has no J League licence so all these teams are incorrect. And my guys Kobe didnt have their real playing staff so no Iniesta, etc. 

I loaded up your database and merged with the J-League add-on from Dosukoi on FM Scout and it worked a treat. Changes the names and playing staffs of all the japanese teams.  

I am currently playing on that version. fmf attached for reference. 

Have you made any more mods yourself? Hope you're getting some games in too!

WSL - James Mod v2.fmf

34 minutes ago, Shookis said:

I loaded up your database and merged with the J-League add-on from Dosukoi on FM Scout and it worked a treat. Changes the names and playing staffs of all the japanese teams.  

It is good to know that works. It is something I had planned on testing but I have not gotten around to doing it. I will get round to editing the first post to point this out to people that it works, and direct them to the file. I will not add it directly to this one since it is not my work and if the databases just merge then it is fine. Infact all databases that only change players and team names should be compatible. Only ones where you have changes leagues may cause problems. Although I will have to check them because teams going into the correct divisions relies on regional divisions being set correctly and I will have to make sure this works properly.

36 minutes ago, Shookis said:

Have you made any more mods yourself? Hope you're getting some games in too!

I work mostly on my extended Africa file, which adds correct rosters to African teams, and some of the major leagues. This is the biggest undertaking I have, since adding players is quite time consuming. At some point I will make sure the player file I have for this is also compatible with this file, because it would also be nice for more African teams to be accurate. When I find the time! 

I have a couple of saves going, luckily. One I am running for a thread on the tactics forum to explore the 451 formation. Which I play when I am in the mood to mess around with tactics and actually concentrate on what is going on. M%y main career game is with Milan at the moment. I have yet to properly dive into a save on this database, weirdly enough though. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/04/2020 at 16:06, sporadicsmiles said:

It is good to know that works. It is something I had planned on testing but I have not gotten around to doing it. I will get round to editing the first post to point this out to people that it works, and direct them to the file. I will not add it directly to this one since it is not my work and if the databases just merge then it is fine. Infact all databases that only change players and team names should be compatible. Only ones where you have changes leagues may cause problems. Although I will have to check them because teams going into the correct divisions relies on regional divisions being set correctly and I will have to make sure this works properly.

I work mostly on my extended Africa file, which adds correct rosters to African teams, and some of the major leagues. This is the biggest undertaking I have, since adding players is quite time consuming. At some point I will make sure the player file I have for this is also compatible with this file, because it would also be nice for more African teams to be accurate. When I find the time! 

I have a couple of saves going, luckily. One I am running for a thread on the tactics forum to explore the 451 formation. Which I play when I am in the mood to mess around with tactics and actually concentrate on what is going on. M%y main career game is with Milan at the moment. I have yet to properly dive into a save on this database, weirdly enough though. 

Hi mate...

A big fan of this mod as i always wanted...tell when will your next release will be of this DB ?

On 04/04/2020 at 02:47, sporadicsmiles said:

An update for those following.

- I have created U18 leagues which have independent promotion and relegation of teams. So your U18s can rise/fall independently of your first team. Gives you an extra bit of fun. Also collects U18 players in a meaningful competition so they can. You could even try to manage yourself. This joins the U23 leagues already implemented. I will eventually add awards for these competitions too, to add some flavour to the game.

- I have fixed the bugs reported to me in this thread.

- I have implemented a squad registration with 25 players, 8 of which should be trained at the club before they are 21. There are a few reasons for this. One is to stop teams from buying random players and to keep some national flavour to each team. The second is to encourage everyone to develop their kids and make them harder to buy (in principle). The third is to ensure that plenty of teams are encouraged to keep their young players and play them in the U23 and U18 leagues to make sure they can fill the home grown quota. Not sure if any of these will work. U23 players will not have to be registered. What do you guys think of this? Supportive or not? Probably makes it a little harder to start as a smaller team. A version with and without, perhaps? So people can choose. 

- Still trying to balance finances a bit better. I have reduced TV money, but teams still up with 1bn in the bank after around 10 years. Which is probably too much, since there is no financial aspect of the game. Takes a long time to properly do this, as I need 10 years simming all leagues. And I do not want to do it when I can play myself. I will continue to work on this aspect. 

Please let me know any suggestions of other things you would like to see implemented. 

And if anyone knows how to make referees from other nations officiate the games in the competitions, please let me know. I would like to have this feature to add a little more realism.

All being well, I will test this tomorrow at some point to ensure the new U18 comps are not going to do weird things. And upload later that day. 

Hi, sporadicsmiles:

I find 8 players trained at the club before 21 is too much for me. Could you let me know how I can change it back? I will do it in editor myself , thanks!

34 minutes ago, 28618677 said:

I find 8 players trained at the club before 21 is too much for me. Could you let me know how I can change it back? I will do it in editor myself , thanks!

You want it removed entirely? You just need to delete it from the rules under the nation in the advanced editor. Let me know if you have issues and I can do it, it will be quick.

7 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

You want it removed entirely? You just need to delete it from the rules under the nation in the advanced editor. Let me know if you have issues and I can do it, it will be quick.

Hi,

I cannot find it in advanced rule->Gibraltar.   I don't know if I am doing correctly.  It would be great that you can remove it entirely. thanks! 

2 hours ago, 28618677 said:

Hi,

I cannot find it in advanced rule->Gibraltar.   I don't know if I am doing correctly.  It would be great that you can remove it entirely. thanks! 

I'm not going to upload any changed file because it's not my db but I'll talk you through how to do it as it's a really simple fix.

First, go to List > Gibraltar > Fixture Rules > Rules 0. Then scroll down until you see a section called 'Squad Selection Rules'. The second row down is the 8 homegrown players rule so if you just want that deleted you can just select the row and click 'Remove'. Then just save the editor data and test the rules to verify them and they should be good to use in-game.

10 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

That's not a good idea to have 8 players trained by club...too much 

55 minutes ago, Unknown Hacker said:

I'm not going to upload any changed file because it's not my db but I'll talk you through how to do it as it's a really simple fix.

First, go to List > Gibraltar > Fixture Rules > Rules 0. Then scroll down until you see a section called 'Squad Selection Rules'. The second row down is the 8 homegrown players rule so if you just want that deleted you can just select the row and click 'Remove'. Then just save the editor data and test the rules to verify them and they should be good to use in-game.

Hi, Hacker:

How careless of me missing this. I nearly skimmed whole advanced rules. thanks!

10 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I've deleted the rules. thanks!

another thing is:

I found that Premiere League U18 stage 2 requires Premiere League stage 0 to finish, before it can start. Is it a bug? In my understanding, it requires Premiere League U18 stage 0 to finish first.

6 hours ago, 28618677 said:

I found that Premiere League U18 stage 2 requires Premiere League stage 0 to finish, before it can start. Is it a bug? In my understanding, it requires Premiere League U18 stage 0 to finish first.

Yeah that is a bug, I copied the division and overlooked that one. Obviously you are right and it should be the stage in the U18 league that must finish. I will make a note of that and change it. Thanks for point it out. 

So I will have some time today to dedicate to updating this file. I will try to get it as nice as possible and try to fix some of the bugs I have found and others have pointed out. And try to get finances a bit more balanced.

I will also create two versions. One with the home grown rule and one without.

So while I am on it, please let me know what you would like to see. Here are some of the things I am considering.

- U18 and U23 cups.

- End of season competition for division winners in leagues one through four (so we have a winner of the league).

- Shifting some teams around to get a better balance and introduce teams from USA into the pyramid. (Since it would be fun to try to get LA or NY as the best football team on the planet).

- Testing with files that add players to Japanese and African teams for compatibility (I do not own the Japanese player file so I will not add it, but I will check if the files work together properly so you can download it and Japanese teams will not be populated with fake players).

So yeah, let me know if there is anything else you think would improve this file.