Is it possible to get in average 55% ball possession?

Am 29.3.2020 um 19:18 schrieb summatsupeer:

Lets look at two of the players, Gnabry and Coman:

1. Gnabry - Pace, Balance, Off The Ball, Dribbling, Finishing, Acceleration, Flair are his best attributes.  Decisions is 11, Composure 11, Teamwork 10 are some of his worst attacking attributes. 
  2.  Coman - Pace, Acceleration, Agility, Fitness, Dribbling, Flair, Work Rate, Aggression are his best attributes.  Decisions 10, Composure 10, Teamwork 13 are some of his worst attacking attributes.

Both are what I would call "direct" players.  There physical attributes FAR outclass there mental attributes and for possession systems to work. They need to make good decisions, be composed under pressure etc.  Quite simply I think playing a slower/shorter possession type game just gives opponents time to get back and organized which counters direct players.  Your playing the direct players in direct roles to, they don't really fit with a possession system, a Winger? whos in the box for the cross besides most of the opponent team?

Now you do have very good smart players in the starting squad (not sure who you still have), Kimmich, Muller, Lewandowski, Alaba and Coutinho for example.  Thiago is a great creator but his decisions is lower than I would like. 

I'm going to guess your inconsistency comes down to how opponents defend and how cautious in attack they are. The deeper and tighter they play, the harder you find it.  The more players they commit forward and fewer players behind the ball, the more space for your direct players.

What would I change? Assuming using same players i'd try and let the attacks be quicker.

1. Remove Overlap Left to free Gnabry up to be more direct.
  2. Change Lewandowsi to DLF-At or CF-At to occupy defenders rather than trying to link play.

Point 1 + 2 should give Coman a earlier crossing target. Occupying the DCs should help the direct runs of Gnabry.  Your out of possession settings are a mid trap so there should be space to run into, maybe not if the counter press is successful.  If that improves things i'd look at the midfield next, I just don't like MEZ-At in wide systems and prefer them to support the ST rather than trying to make runs or play wider.

As far as possession %, that needs smarter players on the pitch, can still be quick dribbling players but need to have a bit more to there game.

So mate I have tried to implement all the tips and also tried out other things. It just doesn't work with the possession football. so I'm not gonna waste any more time.

I simply want to play offensive football successfully and that should be possible with the fcb, right?

I changed from 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1. Could you please evaluate my tactics?

cbdIc20r.png

The goal is: to achieve offensive football with a lot of goal scoring.

Am 29.3.2020 um 20:19 schrieb Experienced Defender:

I wouldn't call it "overrated". Maybe some of their players simply do not suit that particular style. I don't know, but something obviously doesn't fit. 

Maybe the team is "overaged", rather than overrated :D

probably yes... you haven't made any more tactical arguments. Can I assume that my tactical approach was not so wrong that it just didn't work with fc bayern?

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Experienced Defender:

Depends on which exact tactic you are referring to. Because you have changed a few of them in the meantime. 

Right - this was my last tactic, where it was about achieving possession football style.

ZmAwFK8K.png

Was inspired by your philospophy on progressive ball possession style. I had employed a similar tactic in fm19 with paris...

I don't know if i should open a new topic? I want to get away from the possession style and just play good offensive football.

thx

1 hour ago, vandamme22 said:

Right - this was my last tactic, where it was about achieving possession football style.

ZmAwFK8K.png

Nothing wrong with this particular tactic in terms of the tactic itself. 

1 hour ago, vandamme22 said:

I don't know if i should open a new topic? I want to get away from the possession style and just play good offensive football

You can start a new topic if you want. But that's not necessary because this is your thread, so you are not hijacking anyone else's topic. Do whatever you see fit :thup:

On 11/04/2020 at 18:18, vandamme22 said:

So mate I have tried to implement all the tips and also tried out other things. It just doesn't work with the possession football. so I'm not gonna waste any more time.

Well its up to you, was just trying to point you in the right direction, I didn't think it would fix it all.  Maybe not labeling the style will help a bit and open up some options but might also result in not having an actual play of how things should flow.

Your 4231 Wide is very wing and top heavy, there's no real movement in the middle.  Its direct runners up top with follow up from the FBs.  Whilst Lew' is good in the air and natural goal scorer, i'm not sure thats playing to his strengths.

I think you'll have better movement from the 4141 DM Wide you posted than the 4231 Wide.  The duty layout is much more fluid, i'd just tweak a couple of roles and the TI's:

• Roles i'd look at the DLP, HB and IWB combination.  Having two holding midfielders might be a bit deep/static but you have movement on the flanks.  Do both FBs have to get forward?  Could the help support/cover more so the MCL can have more freedom and not be so deep?
  • I still don't like MEZ-At in 4141 DM Wide, "central winger" with an actual winger outside... just doesn't make sense to me, especially with a support duty lone forward and only a IF-At trying to get near him.  I'd rather a CM-At who will be narrower, can use PIs to customise maybe move into channels but not Stay Wider IMO.
  • Adding Higher Tempo - Get those deep creative players to get the ball to the direct players sooner, especially as Shorter Passing will slow tempo slightly.
  • Remove Work Ball Into Box - Just let them attack quicker whilst there's space rather than being so patient.
  • Replace Play Out Of Defence with Short Kicks - Give Neuer more freedom to play directly rather than to the defenders, he has the vision and ability.  This can bypass teams trying to prevent short GK distribution and start fast attacks.
  • Remove Overlap Left - I don't think the WB needs to be more attacking, rather see how things flow without it then decide to add it.
  • Add more urgent pressing PI to front 3 and MCR - Win the ball back in dangerous areas once they pass the LOE without having team all running around after the ball.

@Trimisiyu Unfortunately, I had to remove your 2 posts from this thread, simply because they do not belong in this particular section of the forum (tactics). This section is meant exclusively for people asking and/or offering tactical help and advice.

When it comes to the match engine, you absolutely have the right to be dissatisfied and complain about it if you believe it's flawed, but not in this tactical section. Instead, you can post any complaints you may have about the ME in relevant forum sections: here or here.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

@Trimisiyu Unfortunately, I had to remove your 2 posts from this thread, simply because they do not belong in this particular section of the forum (tactics). This section is meant exclusively for people asking and/or offering tactical help and advice.

When it comes to the match engine, you absolutely have the right to be dissatisfied and complain about it if you believe it's flawed, but not in this tactical section. Instead, you can post any complaints you may have about the ME in relevant forum sections: here or here.

Thank you.

Ok, sure - thank you for letting me know. :thup: