What´s your worst result ever in your FM history?

I just got mine, FA cup quarter final vs Man. United. It was a deserved defeat as they were better but I lost 7-0 and they had 7 shots on target. I had 6 but their keeper had a good game.

I was mad and about to just save and quit when I told my assistant to handle team talks, I just wasn´t up for it. He said "Well done lads" and the whole team was angry at his appraisal of the game :-D ....that made me laugh so hard and I just continued.

Pic of my glorious defeat.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2011854335

Anyway, whats yours? ... Ever experienced something similar?

Edited by AurioDK

Tbf, if that is you're worst result of all time, you're obviously doing something right. Gateshead taking a hammering away at Old Trafford is nothing to be too ashamed off. I don't examples to hand but I've had some absolute shockers and had some hidings from lower league opposition over the years of this game. The one which really used to infuriate me was losing to the reserves however gladly that hasn't happened for a long long time.

Just now, Quadrophenia88 said:

Tbf, if that is you're worst result of all time, you're obviously doing something right. Gateshead taking a hammering away at Old Trafford is nothing to be too ashamed off. I don't examples to hand but I've had some absolute shockers and had some hidings from lower league opposition over the years of this game. The one which really used to infuriate me was losing to the reserves however gladly that hasn't happened for a long long time.

I am in the Premier League and considered a mid table team atm... otherwise you are right.

Having overachieved  but reached the quarter final of the CL, playing Man Utd- controlled the first leg at home and won convincingly 4-0.  Normal build up to the second leg, was forced into a couple of changes, but morale was good and we lost 5-0 and we hardly crossed the half way line!  Absolutely devastated!  Fought with my conscience for about 30 minutes as to whether to replay the game ,but took my medicine and moved on.

For me it was a Utd-Southampton 0-1 in game 37 in FM16. I hadn't lost at home in 3-4 years and this loss cost me the league title as well, something I had started taking for granted. But it was kinda beautiful as well, I was definitely complacent too and perhaps a little on autopilot and the game bent me over and punished me hard for it. I couldn't believe what I'd just seen but I responded by taking it more seriously after that. I appreciated it as part of the highs and lows of football and that particular result has always stuck with me as a reminder of sorts.

Back of the mists of time when playing CM 97/98, several seasons in so my Barnet team was by now totally dominant in the Premier League, I won the first leg of my League Cup semi finals 4-0 away to a middling championship team.

I thought I'd be safe playing my second string for the return leg, given that my second string would have still been a strong premier league side.

But I somehow contrived to lose the second leg 0-5 at home and go out.

I'll have definitely had bigger numerical defeats in my 100+ seasons of various incarnations of CM/FM, but this one has stuck in my mind.

Multiplayer game against a friend on FM14;

Inter vs AC Milan, penultimate game of the season, winner would all but win the league.

I had a bit of a CB injury/suspension crisis and decided to have faith in Emre Can who I dubbed the 'chosen one', future Milan captain and future world beater.

I lost 8-2, Emre Can got bullied all game by Manzukic and dropped a 3.8 rating. Lost the league. 

On FM18, I had been managing Cesena for about 8 years and established them in Serie A. Inter Milan were struggling in a relegation battle and offered me the job. The following season after I rebuilt, we were in the semi finals of the Europa league, against Udinese. 

I won the home leg 4-0 and became somewhat complacent. The away leg was a nightmare. I was 3-0 down after 7 minutes and lost 6-1. My approach was all wrong and what should have been a European Final in my first full season became an embarrassing defeat.

I've suffered from the "promoted too early/soon" curse if you can call it that. I can't remember a 0-7 defeat but had a season in the Premier League with, at best, a squad of decent or average league one players. It got to the point where a 0-1 defeat I was more than happy with! :D 0-4's, 0-5's, and anything-6 were the norm. It was brutal right up to the point I was sacked in January.

I'm managing Bristol City. We won the championship by a clear margin of 13 points and currently sit 9th in the Premier League in January. I just drew Torquay in the FA Cup 3rd round and thought I'd love to have a decent cup run, and so played my first choice starting 11.

...lost 3-2.

Magic of the cup eh? :)

Back in the day, I'd taken over at Championship Wigan at the start of the season, dominated the first half of the season but ended up crawling over the line to make the Playoffs.

We got a 3-0 win in the first leg, but were systematically dismembered in the second leg, eventually losing 0-6. I fined 8 of the starting XI as much as I could, resigned the next day and didn't return to English football for the remaining 23 seasons of the savegame.

FM20, I'm on a 320+ unbeaten run with Barcelona.

I don't have any issue with me as manager of Barcelona being successful, but come on, I think my record is 100% invincible seasons.

In FM19 I at least lost a few league games from time to time, in FM20 I seem to be 20+ points a head of the others that they aren't really competition.

Have had the Champions league reverses others have mentioned...multiple times. 3 times I think I'd managed to bottle 4+ goal leads. 

Had a Liverpool meltdown as they knocked me out of the FA Cup, CL, and pretty much the PL all in one week. Sucked. 

Most recently Liverpool (again) had me at 5-0 at the half. Thought that was going to be a 8 something hiding. Think the 5-0 loss to Southampton earlier in the season was worse.  All time I think the largest was a 10-4 drubbing by Man U in FM17. 

pool.PNG

southam.PNG

My worst (and heaviest ever scoreline wise) was a 6-0 drubbing by Barcelona as Man Utd in the CL Final on FM15. Messi tore us a new one with four goals.

Extra painful considering I was a win away from a quadruple. Still have the save, don't think I've touched it since.

"Objectively" speaking, probably a 7-1 FA cup defeat at Man City in a Norwich save in FM19. At that point we were a solid top 4 team and edging towards a proper title challenge (which happened in the following season). Bad tactical choices + our players having an off day + their players having a good day.

Results that have felt the worst:

Losing at Real Madrid in extra time of a champions league semi final in a United save in FM15. We scored a late goal to get into extra time, scored early in the second ET period only for my world class cb to make two late errors leading directly to goals (he finished with a 4.7 rating, speaks volumes that I still remember his score five years later) and Real then going through 6-5 on aggregate. Probably the only time I have actually screamed at a game (since childhood, anyway).

A 0-0 draw at Everton on match day 38 in a Carlisle save in FM16. It had been a long save, we'd finished 2nd behind Man City in the prem for 2-3 seasons. FM17 was already out so I had decided that would be the last season I play. We had been in a comfortable lead at the top of the table before entering complete meltdown mode. By game 38, we had a 1 point lead over City. Everton played super defensive, we couldn't create anything, City won their game and beat us to the title by one point. There was no screaming on that occasion, just a minute of stunned silence and blankly staring at the screen. Then save, quit, never played FM16 again.

Good times.

To get promoted on FM18, I needed, at most, a draw to go up to the Eredivisie.

We were at 0-0 on 80 mins. Scored from a corner to go 1-0 up.

Had a player sent off on 87 minutes,

Conceded in the 91st minute

Missed a penalty in the 92nd minute

Conceded a penalty in the 95th minute, they scored with the last kick of the game to win 1-2.

That's the one that's hurt most of all

would have been probably FM15. multiplayer game with my bro.

he got automatic promotion from League 2 with Stevenage i think. I had to settle for playoffs, iirc i was Cheltenham. Won 2-0 at Southend first leg of semi, lost 7-3 at home 2nd leg.

yep.