[FM19] Ajax - The Golden Generation

zlatanera

• 6 months later...
On 12/03/2020 at 21:27, zlatanera said:

Welcoming Period

When a new signing arrives, we get the option to choose a player to welcome them to the club. Initially I always just went with the recommendation, but then I read up a bit more and it appears to be quite a powerful tool when you use it wisely. The welcoming period is around 3 months, so I can now see what difference my choices made.

I used three players on welcoming duties:

• Lasse Schöne - Model Citizen, 15 Determination
  • Daley Blind - Model Citizen, 17 Determination
  • Nicolás Tagliafico - Professional, 15 Determination.

The new signings saw the following changes:

• Dirk Proper - Resolute 17 - welcomed by Blind, no change.
  • Kik Pierie - Balanced 13 - welcomed by Blind, now Spirited 14.
  • Exequiel Palacios - Fairly Determined 15 - welcomed by Tagliafico, now Resolute 15.
  • Vladimir Kralovic - Driven 20 - welcomed by Schöne (perhaps the wrong choice, Blind would have been better), now Driven 19.
  • Frederik Nørrestrand - Ambitious 13 - welcomed by Schöne, now Ambitious 14.
  • Thiago Almada - Balanced 13 - welcomed by Tagliafico, now Balanced 14.
  • Cor van Hoeven - Determined 18 - welcomed by Schöne, now Resolute 17.

So all but two - those whose Determination matched that of the player in charge of welcoming them - saw a determination change of +/- 1 whilst three of the players saw the personality descriptor change to one that, to me at least, is superior to what they were before. Given the most I've seen from mentoring is a 2 Determination change over 12 months, this is a very powerful mechanism that shouldn't be ignored. 

How do you set who can do welcoming duties? I always assumed it was just the captain

1 hour ago, 04texag said:

How do you set who can do welcoming duties? I always assumed it was just the captain

So the game will always recommend what it thinks is an appropriate  player, usually a Team Leader. 
If you’d prefer someone else you go on their profile, Interactions -> Ambassadorial Duties -> New Signings -> welcome x to club (paraphrasing, not on FM right now). Useful if your Team Leader has undesirable attributes such as Kostas Manolas at Roma who is ‘Outspoken’ with the media (controversial personality).