How to treat a nervous team? Give valium?...

My players are weirdly nervous during games for a while (see a very common image below)... These aren't special/decisive games, and my club is doing really well in the table. How can I calm them down? Give valium?...

nervous.PNG

Take pressure off them.

In press conferences do not add pressure that you do not need to add. Do not say you will win easily if it is not clear you will. Do not say you are for sure winning the title unless you are. Things like that. Praise players after a match when they earned it. Be critical when they deserve it and it will serve to motivate. Tell a player who had a good match that they had a good match.

In team talks do not add pressure either. No need to say you expect a win unless you think it will motivate the players. Same with expect a performance. Players you know get nervous should be treated with reassurance. 

I find some of my players are nervous during a match because of tactics. My RB for instance played the whole match in a nervous state when he came up against Neymar. I adjusted his positioning and he lost his nervousness. At least for a bit ;) 

Players developing nervousness during a match I’ve found are often linked to how the game is unfolding for them. A quick shout can often help, otherwise, yeah, a tactical tweak often will too. 

Impossible to say with just that screenshot. It's either a lack of confidence or too much pressure. Take into account the context of the match, their confidence and morale levels and also what sort of pressure you put on them.

Lay emphasis on the mental attributes if taking new players.

I favour determined and brave teamplayers and have that problem mainly with young players what seems to me a good simulation.