So, I just got sacked and I don't think it was fair...

Long story short:

Started save with Hamburg.

1st season - won Bundesliga 2

2nd season - finished 8th (expected to fight for survival)

3rd season - finished 7th (expected mid-table)

4th season - hired by Dortmund. Expected CL qualification, semi-finals on cup (Dortmund had failed to qualify for europe). Club vision: hire bellow 30 yo, pref. bellow 23, pref. german. Must play offensive football. 20 games into the season, I'm leading with the best defense and the 6th best attack, bought mostly young players. I'm having a 19 grade with club, despite they only being disapointed with the lack of german players hired. So I go against a B2 side on the cup and I lose 3-2 (it was one of "those" games, and I tried diferent tactics and players. My bad). And so... I'm fired for not following the club vision.

FFS! I'm currently leading Bundesliga! I think I'm overachieving, considering that they would be happy with a 4th place finish, and they sack me because I don't hire enough german players???

In the real world, I highly doubt that this would happen.

What is your thought, guys? Reload? I really think this was pretty unfair, considering the good season we're having. Really felt cheated on this one...

31 minutes ago, Beltsu said:

Long story short:

Started save with Hamburg.

1st season - won Bundesliga 2

2nd season - finished 8th (expected to fight for survival)

3rd season - finished 7th (expected mid-table)

4th season - hired by Dortmund. Expected CL qualification, semi-finals on cup (Dortmund had failed to qualify for europe). Club vision: hire bellow 30 yo, pref. bellow 23, pref. german. Must play offensive football. 20 games into the season, I'm leading with the best defense and the 6th best attack, bought mostly young players. I'm having a 19 grade with club, despite they only being disapointed with the lack of german players hired. So I go against a B2 side on the cup and I lose 3-2 (it was one of "those" games, and I tried diferent tactics and players. My bad). And so... I'm fired for not following the club vision.

FFS! I'm currently leading Bundesliga! I think I'm overachieving, considering that they would be happy with a 4th place finish, and they sack me because I don't hire enough german players???

In the real world, I highly doubt that this would happen.

What is your thought, guys? Reload? I really think this was pretty unfair, considering the good season we're having. Really felt cheated on this one...

Agreed that it would appear to be an unfair sacking open a thread in the Bugs forum and if you can upload a  save from just before the sacking message that would help.

18 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Agreed that it would appear to be an unfair sacking open a thread in the Bugs forum and if you can upload a  save from just before the sacking message that would help.

Thanks. I've done what you asked. 

Definitely ridiculously unfair and unrealistic sacking. This is one of those areas in the game that MUST work and be completely bug free because it has the potential to ruin an entire save like this. So far I gotta say I'm not impressed with how the game is programmed when it comes to all things club vision and board happiness etc.

I don't think that the Club Vision stuff is completely broken, but it does need some tweaking.

As Partizan, the board was continually unimpressed with my transfer strategy - they wanted High Profile, they got cheapo youngsters and bargain basement signings - and my inability to make the most of Set Pieces (another of their fetishes), but I kept my job because results on the pitch were good. I was very aware that if I started losing games or, heavens forfend, let Red Star overtake us in the league, I would be kicked out sharpish. And that would be fair enough.

For this being the first iteration of the game it's been included in, I'm happy with it and keen to see how SI expand it in the next few versions.

I am in my 3rd premier league season with Gateshead in 2036, I lose games on purpose towards the end towards the end of the season.. I rather finish 14th than 9-10th as they still will want me to fight for survival and that´s fine. The difference between top and bottom is humongous, far more than in real life today. The 3 teams that go up always go down with 2-3 wins a season, the Premier League has the big clubs filled to the brink with wonder kids while the rest of us get crap every season. I have beaten Chelsea once in the Carabao Cup otherwise I have lost to the top 6 in almost every single game, often with 4-5 goals ... so doing well just one season could possibly mean I get sacked. Once I am safe it´s time to play the youth squad and get the defeats I need.

Edited by AurioDK

they asked you to sign German players so why wouldn't you just sign german players? In real life they would have signed them for you and blocked your transfers, but this is the games best equivalent. If in real life your boss told you to do something and you did the opposite, they would fire you, whether or not you thought it was fair.

Simple solution, next time the board tell you to do something and you sign a contract telling you to do it, just do it. Will make your life much easier in the long run

Edited by jim owen

1 hour ago, jim owen said:

they asked you to sign German players so why wouldn't you just sign german players? In real life they would have signed them for you and blocked your transfers, but this is the games best equivalent. If in real life your boss told you to do something and you did the opposite, they would fire you, whether or not you thought it was fair.

Simple solution, next time the board tell you to do something and you sign a contract telling you to do it, just do it. Will make your life much easier in the long run

Do you think it's fair sacking? I'm leading the league. They finished 9th on the previous season, and they were asking me for a CL spot. I think I was giving them more than what they were asking for. I havent bought enough german players because they weren't good enough for us, or costed a fortune. Also, the "sign german players" is preferable, but not demanded, not top on list of the club culture.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Beltsu:

Do you think it's fair sacking? I'm leading the league. They finished 9th on the previous season, and they were asking me for a CL spot. I think I was giving them more than what they were asking for. I havent bought enough german players because they weren't good enough for us, or costed a fortune. Also, the "sign german players" is preferable, but not demanded, not top on list of the club culture.

I agree with you, I think most of the Club Vision needs a bit of rework. In RL Dortmund do not really care about buying german players, unlike Bayern they want all the best german Players. Dortmund rather wants to buy young prospects.

If it’s not a full blown demand in the club vision, you should absolutely not be fired for it. Desired should mean just that. Preferred, the same. Required is a different matter. Although I’ve failed a few of those this year and kept my job.

All seems a bit random. Which is interesting, but also frustrating.

19 hours ago, anitamui said:

Big Bruh

Thanks to the Premier League TV deal, Bournemouth are probably as close to Europe's big guns financially now as the likes of Porto, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax and Marseille were when they won the Champions League. It's unlikely of course, but far from an impossibility. Any Premier League side managed well for a couple of years has some chance of grabbing Top 4 with a bit of luck, and any PL side who qualifies is capable of pulling off the upsets needed to win the whole shebang.

Club Vision is a great idea but like most things in this game it’s poorly implemented.

A lot of the starting ones are very unrealistic.

For example Rb Salzburg start with ones like sign high profile players (they never sign high profile players they focus on young players that they can develop) and play possession football (All the red bull teams look to play direct transitional football,  they don’t care about possession football)

They just seem to add in stuff the club in real life doesn’t care about.

7 hours ago, Beltsu said:

i do, they ask you to do something, you willingly chose to disobey them, if i was your boss i would sack you

It does sound harsh on the basis of it however, how important to them was signing German players? For example, was it preferred or was it required? If it was required then as harsh as it may seem, you can see why the board are pissed if you have not bothered to do it after agreeing to these terms. Add this with anything else that you may be failing/underachieving at (e.g your early cup exit to a lower league side) then it starts to add up in the boards eyes.

Sure you're currently top but that could change and you're not fulfilling long term objections. As I say, it is still a rather harsh sacking and certainly frustrating from your point of view but at the same time you can see why it's happened. (Regardless how harsh it may be.)

9 hours ago, jim owen said:

i do, they ask you to do something, you willingly chose to disobey them, if i was your boss i would sack you

As I said, they prefered that I hired german players. Prefered. Not demanded. Also, check the screenshot I atached, just before the sacking. 

I hate to do it, but I reloaded the save. The first time I do it since FM14. I feel that it was too unrealistic.

Captura de Ecrã (48).png

1 hour ago, Tyburn said:

Did you play on a bit to see who they hired after you? Was pep or Zidane available? ;)

Roberto Mancini. Zidane was training Lokomotic by then, btw. And Pep was at AC Milan.

12 hours ago, Beltsu said:

As I said, they prefered that I hired german players. Prefered. Not demanded. Also, check the screenshot I atached, just before the sacking. 

I hate to do it, but I reloaded the save. The first time I do it since FM14. I feel that it was too unrealistic.

Captura de Ecrã (48).png

Most of us don't understand or cant read Portuguese 

13 hours ago, Gross_Ballon said:

Most of us don't understand or cant read Portuguese 

Yeah... sorry about that. But even so, you can understand the thumbs up symbols, and the manager's performance 20/20.

On 01/03/2020 at 00:31, jim owen said:

So, if you were a boss (you clearly aren't already) and your employee did things a different way to how you wanted but it ended up earning you millions you'd sack him? 

Exactly the same scenario here. 

On 29/02/2020 at 08:07, Norfair said:

Definitely ridiculously unfair and unrealistic sacking. This is one of those areas in the game that MUST work and be completely bug free because it has the potential to ruin an entire save like this. So far I gotta say I'm not impressed with how the game is programmed when it comes to all things club vision and board happiness etc.

I agree with this statement. I had my first save with Birmingham City ruined as I got promoted (way ahead of the initial vision) then first season in the PL the vision changed to them wanting me to get in the Champions League....ridiculous. Despite being about 9th, every game I kept getting the message if I lose I am out. Got so annoyed I stopped playing it. 

This thread is exposing the forum's tories, isn't it? Defer to authority, stay in your lane, lick boot - better to fail with the boss' vision than succeed with your own, eh?

This is definitely a strange sacking and as suggested above, one to be raised as a bug for SI to investigate.

Definitely not a fair sacking.

I think if this were a real world situation the board would probably let your contract run out if they didn't agree with how you were implementing their vision, not sack you mid season when you're winning the league. 

On 02/03/2020 at 13:45, Jonthedon26 said:

I agree with this statement. I had my first save with Birmingham City ruined as I got promoted (way ahead of the initial vision) then first season in the PL the vision changed to them wanting me to get in the Champions League....ridiculous. Despite being about 9th, every game I kept getting the message if I lose I am out. Got so annoyed I stopped playing it. 

Similar thing, got promoted from League One with Coventry, after two young star strikers dragged us to 1st place. Board not only wanted to get promoted from the Championship, they required me to win the league outright. With a maybe high end League one squad with two high Championship/low Prem level strikers. Oh and don't forget to give youth players an opportunity..

With regards to the Dortmund sacking, perhaps some form of warning system could be implemented. If you've signed loads of non-Germans, a message from the board in the inbox to say hey don't forget to sign some Germans like you said you would or you know, we'll have to consider things. 

Club Vision is a nice touch but it's always been a little buggy or unrealistic.

Definitely doesn't feel a valid sacking, one unlucky cup game is hardly sackable if you're winning the league.

23 hours ago, thomas166 said:

Similar thing, got promoted from League One with Coventry, after two young star strikers dragged us to 1st place. Board not only wanted to get promoted from the Championship, they required me to win the league outright. With a maybe high end League one squad with two high Championship/low Prem level strikers. Oh and don't forget to give youth players an opportunity..

With regards to the Dortmund sacking, perhaps some form of warning system could be implemented. If you've signed loads of non-Germans, a message from the board in the inbox to say hey don't forget to sign some Germans like you said you would or you know, we'll have to consider things. 

That is brutal! Definitely seems like a bug to me as even the most ridiculous of boards aren't as over the top as that in real life!

18 hours ago, crazycanuck said:

unjustified sackings can happen in real life too, it's not a bug, it's a feature. 

The thing is about real life is I play FM to get away from it. Things like this are save breaking and for a game like FM, game breaking pretty much. 

If it's a feature it's a horrible one. 

This happened to me too, in Europa League with Roma. Similar situation, overachieving in the league and got knocked out of EL in the knockout stages by a good team (can't remember which now). I just reloaded the EL game, since I wanted to play with Roma. I think club vision needs some love :-)

Club vision is great in my opinion. Adds more depth to the game, that will give long term saves some variety.

Of course, it’s a brand new feature, it needs some refining. Feel sorry for those being shafted by it. Guess it’s a little bit too literal in its implementation at the moment.

It’ll get better. Next year :) 

Technically you failed in the cup objective too, although I doubt anyone's ever been fired for being knocked out of the DFB Pokal whilst realistically challenging for the Bundesliga.

[tbh I don't think clubs should have rounds they're expected to get to in non-seeded cup competitions, beyond a few giant clubs desiring the cup win and boards often wanting you to get out of group stages. 'I'm really angry you got knocked out by Bayern in the fourth round, but would be completely happy if you got knocked out by someone else in the fifth round' said no board ever. Although that wouldn't have helped you anyway :p]