European Comp: None

Media predict : 18th

Squad : Determined

Captain : Danny Murphy

transfer budget

Trafnsfer budget : 2.5m to 4.7m

Wage budget : 475k to 550k

Club Background

Founded in 1879, Fulham are a professional english club currently in the english premier division. The club play their home games at Craven Cottage and posses top training facilities ans a good youth setup. The Fulham reserve team play at Motspur Park. The club is affectionately known as the cottagers and retains a fierce rivalry with Chelsea and QPR.

As a club which enjoyed its best spell of success during the 1990s and their last competition win coming as recently as 2001, the cottagers are a club with a growing history. Fulham finished runners-up in the FA cup in 1975, won the english 2nd tier in 1949 and 2001 and finished runners-up on one accoasion, won the english 3rd tier for the only time in 1999 and finished runners-up on one occasion, and finished runners-up in the english 4th tier for the only time in 1997.

The 1st Team Squad

Goalkeepers

Mark Schwarzer

Pascal Zuberbuhler

defenders

chris baird

aaron hughes

fredrik stoor

toni kallio

brede hangeland

paul konchesky

john pantsil

midfielders

leon andreasen

andranik

dickson etuhu

jimmy bullard

simon davies

zoltan gera

clint dempsey

seol ki-hyeon

julian gray(loan)

danny murphy

strikers

Andy johnson

erik nevland

bobby zamora

team report

fulhamreport.jpg

Goalkeepers :

Schwarzer is more than good enough but is getting old so this may be something to look at after the 1st season.

There is a lack of depth in this area and i would advise reinforcing (Enyeama is nice and cheap 60k)

Defenders :

The defence is average, Pantsil and Hangeland are good enough, and although the report does not show, Konchesky is also a 4 star left back. Although Hughes is shown as good enough it may be good to invest in a class CB, or a youngster as a view to be Hughes' replacement

Midfield :

The midfield is rather unbalanced. Whilst having good options on the right in Davies, Dempsey and Gera, the left is pretty bare and i would look to strengthen here (as well as getting Gera to retrain as a left midfielder). Bullard is the main man in the middle, and would suggest to back up with a defensive type, either andranik or andreasen (although you may wish to invest in a better DM)

Strikers :

Fulham are lacking in depth here, Johnson is the key man in the team, and although Zamora and Nevland can do equally good jobs alongside him, i owuld prefer to have something a bit more up top for a team who historically lacks goals in the premiership.

Suggested areas to strengthen :

Backup GK

CB

LM

DM

CF

suggested sales

take a look at some of the reserve squad, Omosuzi, Leijer and Milsom will fetch you around 2mil in all.

From the first team, Dempsey is one who can be sold for a bit of money.

Baird is on high wages so he could be sold for this reason

Pantsil always gets interest and can fetch up to 3mil so if you can find cover he may be a way of getting some more funds.

things to note

You may well look to change the captain straight away as Murphy does not have the stats to hold a regular starting place let alone the captains armband.

Offer jimmy bullard a new contract immediately (and offer around 3k more than what he wants for the first offer otherwise he will come back with insane demands, for fulham anyway)

Fulham are coded to play the offside trap well, as well as playing well with width, and use a playmaker well.

Thats it for now. Any suggestions welcome, i'll keep you posted as to what i get up to in the transfer window as well as results on the pitch.

COYW!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hai

i had started a game with fulham. i had loaded only england with 3 league playable (** i had a tendency of cheating for getting transfer budget) i am yet to play a competitive match, i am scouting my own for players from brazil, argentina, africa, russia,Poland, Swiss, coratia, serbia.

My transfer budget was 4m avoid relegation.

i had already get rid of Braid and Seol with combined amount of 7.2mil (3.2+4) to wolves (*who were the only one ready to give money upfront even though lots of team shown interest)

i had singed Masica (spelling not correct)50k, eduardo(botofogo)900k, Ledownski (spelling) under 21 Polish international 1.2m, samuel kuffor (free), Jack Tuyp (Volendam)1.3m, lucas (dc)700k, lucas (mc) 850k from cortiba, brazil,David Santon(loan),Sepp De Roover (Groningen) for 1.4m, Joris Delle for 400k for a combained transfer amount of 6.8m i have now around 1.9m left. i had tried to sign Appiah ghana caption but he had failed in medical and then he is not getting work permit.

i am bit confused whether to let Murphy go, as stoke said they are interested. i think i will call back boussa from loan and sell him also. if i had option to call Colin John's certainly him also.

i like to sign LM, DM, DC.

i like to sign some Younger cheap players.

selling Murphy is a bit of a mystery, although i admire him as a player IRL his FM stats are not that great, and i often find him not even making the bench.

Good idea with Bouazza although i'm not totally sure on how much you'll get for him if any, this can also be done with Eddie Johnson as he can be recalled.

As for what you are looking for :

LM : i have no real suggestions for the amount of money that you have left as i personally did not find anybody suitable for that kind of money (Leonardo from Ajax is cheap and has good dribbling/crossing abilities but i usually find that he is a bit hit or miss so did not risk it). My personal preference here would be to hold off and just retrain Gera and Dempsey as LM, maybe get in a loan signing or someboyd like Rene Mihelic who can play LM (he is young and has some potential, also is an ideal replacement if you decide to sell Murphy).

DC : I found that i am quite content with the starting two in Hughes and Hangeland, and have also brought in Eduardo like you have (although i have signed him to use as a DL because konchesky has not been great, his natural position is DC and i believe he will do a job for those few games when Hangeland or Hughes are not available). My advice here would be to wait until January, especially seen as you have strengthened here with Kuffour and Lewandowski (sp)(IIRC he is a DC/DM????) aswell as Lucas. Take a look at Rusol in January as his contract expires on 1.1.2009 and he often will not sign a new one so can be had on the cheap.

DM : Obviously the best signing here would be Appiah but that will not happen until the end of the season because he will not get a work permit (and Ghana do not play any international matches until 2009). There are many options here so do not rush into anything and carefully find what you want (maybe somebody like Emerson from AC Milan on loan), as i find that Andreasen, Andranik and Etuhu are adequate for this position (remember that there is a squad blend factor in FM09 and making wholesale changes could be disruptive early on).

Good luck, hope the above helps, keep us posted on how things go

aint that because he's past it. wouldn't really want to wate 1m on a player just to replace him next year, its not like we've got barrels of money. Heard a lot about this rafael carioca, would prefer to pay peanuts for that young Ajax midfielder Eyol or sumthin. Also, look at albin ekdal (AMC) or young Rossi (AML) (both in the juventus u18s, could be good loan signings)

iv played 2 seasons on my fulham game now and have found them a pretty decent team to build. and they also seem to bring a lot of top quality youth players through there academy. hoping to get taken over this season though so i can make that next step into europe.

Current Team

th_fulhamteam.jpg

Season 1 Table

th_season1.jpg

Season 2

th_season2.jpg

Season 1 Transfers

th_trans3.jpg

Season 2 Transfers

th_trans2.jpg

Season 3 Transfers

th_trans1.jpg

My team for season 3 is looking very good imo but from the few games iv played it is seeming harder than season 2 way, i do believe that this is because the team has almost a complete new spine so might need a bit of time to bed in.

1st transfer window just ended - wholesale changes made!

Ten players in 8 out

Got Kerrison for 5m jst before window shut - got two on his debut

Denilson, a snip at 1m is playing v well, while loans of javi navarro, jorge ribero and salgado have helped to steady the ship at the back alongside the signing of enyeama in goal. Need them to settle in quickly now!

A little update from me

My 1st transfer window :

Buys :

Vermeer (solving backup GK problems) has done well when called upon, saved some penalties in the Carling Cup.

Mancienne (managed to get him in on loan to help cover the CB positions, and a great prospect).

Curro Torres (old head to act as cover for ever-present John Pantsil, and a snip at 100k).

Thomas Gravesen (why not, he was on a free, didnt want high wages, and can backup in that DM position).

Rene Mihelic (cheap and a young talent, is an ideal replacement for Murphy who i may very well sell at the end of the season, can also cover in LM)

Joe Ledley (my biggest signing of the window. Young and upcoming, should be my LM for many seasons to come, and has balanced my midfield well)

Juan Pablo Angel (got him on a free, although disliked by many he can definitely do a job at this level as he has proven)

Yevhen Seleznyov (ST from Shakhtar, was a snip at 800k, and has the stats the we all believe Bobby Zamora should have in the game).

NOTE : Eduardo (botofogo) coming in January. I'm also expecting to sign Rusol when his contract expires on 1.1.2009

Sales :

David Stockdale (useless stats in-game and not needed with Vermeer brought in)

Elliot Omozusi (although he has good potential i decided to cash in for him and get the 1m after paying whoever 20% sell-on fee)

Adrian Leijer (another player who will not break into the first team and fetched me 800k)

Robert Milsom (again not going to get 1st team action and got me 650k)

My Tactics

I started off with the classic 4-4-2 as i felt it was Fulhams best tactic, although i have now changed that because my defence was shipping too many chances.

Here is what i go with now :

---------GK--------

RD---CD-----CD---LD

RM---CM----CM---LM

---------AM---------

---------CF---------

The two CM i have set as defensive midfielders, denfensive mentality, keeping it simple and short.

Both wingers get forwards and cross often from the byline, running at players often.

Both full backs also get crosses in but from deep.

Using the playmaker role for the AM (mainly Bullard), giving him the free role, and most sliders are set to far right (much, often etc)

on the pitch

I started with the 4-4-2 formation and found that i was creating chances and picking up narrow wins at home, with my new striker Seleznyov starting well and bagging a couple in his first 4 games. He then got injured and neither Zamora or Nevland appeared to have the cutting edge i wanted, meaning that the odd goal i let in every game was not being cancelled out.

I then preceeded to change to my tactic above 4-4-1-1 with my two CM being defensive. I found i was grinding out points away from home whilst still getting some results at home with AJ bagging more goals as a lone striker. It has helped early on that i have played many of the people around me (WBA, Stoke, Hull, West Ham), and picked up 3 points on each occasion.

in the league P 17 W 5 D 7 L 5 PTS 22 POS 14th

I am more than happy with this start as the teams in the relegation spots currently only have 5, 8, and 10 points, and im well on my way to that 40 point mark.

I'll get through December and January and give you another update as to transfer window activity and form / the table

EDIT : Simon Davies now also wants to leave after beign linked with former club Spurs, he says he owes it to himself to move to a bigger club. Although i'm reluctant to sell, his £4m value could come in handy and a more than adequate replacement could be found, find out if i sell him in my next update

COYW!!!!!!!

I just sold Simon Davies to Newcastle for 7m in the first January transfer window.

it's oh so tempting. Who did you get in to replace him? As our best player IRL last season i would prefer not to part with him, especially as he is currently 2nd on the distance covered stat in the prem

Im struggling IMMENSLY. In relegation zone....bought in south african left back mesiela for 300k and mcbride back in. Going useless at the mom :(

If i go down first season will i get sacked??

Can you pinpoint any reasons for this so we can try to help? e.g. are you shipping too many goals.

Also how far are you into the season and who have you played? i find that as long as you can beat those teams around you, you are usually fine. I'm not sure whether you'll get sacked as i havn't been relegated with Fulham, although i may suggest that you'd keep the job

went on a run not picking up a point in 15 games. Just not being able to create chances and score....AJ has scored a mere 3 goals all season. In January now im 4 points adrift of 17th place , ive sold murhpy , davies , nevland , paintsil and a few more. Ive brought in boamorte to give stability to the left...finally got saha after throwing the money at him also got mcbride , edgar davids and henri camara all on short term deals. Bullard is my cap and i play him in the middle with davids.

Anyone else struggle to score?

i've gotta say that on my game i have only scored 18 i think, having played 17. Realising that we struggle to score goals i decided to have 2 (although 1 will probably suffice) defensive types to try to keep things tight and steal games 1-0 etc. AJ has got me 6 league goals playing in pretty much every game, and i think he's scored 2 in a game twice so a lot of my goals have been spread around. Dunno what Saha is like on there but i'd imagine he can take a chance. Try attacking teams in the second half maybe, and playing with Andreasen instead of Davids, somebody who is more physical. Also, isn't Camara useless on there???

doesn't look good for ya m8. I would say definitely put Andreasen back in the midfield straight away and get Hughes back in. Andreasen is too good in midfield, and gets the odd goal, apart from that, try to grind out draws by being defensive away and go all guns blazing at home

lol, unlucky mate.

the january transfer window

it would appear that in game Fulham are some what of a selling club, i've had many offers for players and a few are now unsettled (mainly Andreasen and Pantsil).

Out

Simon Davies £7m to tottenham. the money was up front and too hard to resist, especially when Gera and Bullard can fill in on the right.

Paul Konchesky £6.5 m everton (£1m plus monthly installments). Again, hard to resist having brought in Eduardo as his back up, i can now give the kid a chance.

Erik Nevland £2.5m to FC Kobenhavn. Nevland is getting on now and with only playing one up front i felt i could let him go (although for a bit cheaper because i didn't want him going to another Prem club and haunting me).

Ins

Eduardo (£1.7m from botafogo) has now joined me now that the window is open, Konchesky leaving means he gets a chance to shine now.

Ben Foster £5m from Man Utd. Was always on the look out for a keeper, although i would have liked to wait until the end of the season i saw he was unhappy with the lack of first team football so struck while the iron was hot, and i expect him to be my keeper for years to come.

On the pitch

Good league form in January saw wins over Sunderland, Aston Villa (courtesy of a late pen), Stoke, and a noteable draw away at Everton saw me consolidate in mid table and increase the gap between me and the bottom 3.

My FA cup run came to an end against West Ham as i rued missed chances, but now i can concentrate on pushing for a good finish in the league.

special mention to Diomansy Kamara who has come back to great form after injury and has won player of the month upon his return

Season 1 : reflection

A really tough run-in saw all my home games coming against the 'big 4', meaning i slipped down the table and finished the league in 16th place, not really a true reflection on where my team was at.

Arsenal won the league ahead of Chelscum, relegated were West Ham, Hull, and Stoke.

Coming up to the dizzy hights of the premiership were Birmingham, Charlton, and Bristol City.

Season 2

Now for the fun part, i again was pessimistic and only went for 'avoid relegation', giving me 9.25m and a wage budget giving me only 75k to spare.

My key areas to strengthen were :

CB as Hughes is getting on and i felt a better replacement would give me a few more places in the table.

DM as again i felt to push up the table i owuld need a bit more here, with Andreasen the only real player who would deserve a spot (playing with 2 DM's)

AM, Bullard and Kamara did well in season 1 in this spot but Bullard did not have the level of goalscorign to be my free roling goal scoring linchpin.

Ins

Simon Vukcevic (a dream player for my AM needs, can also fill in at left midfield)

Andrea Barzagli (a great CB on FM08 and looks to be the same again)

Michael Ball (some experienced defensive cover for young Eduardo)

Julien Faubert (great RB for cheap after West Hams nightmare relegation season)

Ricardo Faty (a good prospect at DM who was wasting away in the reserves at Roma)

Outs

Schwarzer (really getting old and is starting to show it, also no way am i having him take 30k a week)

Pantsil (got a good offer for an average player)

Baird (again wages were a big factor here)

Kallio (was destined to rot in the reserves so cashed in)

Omozusi (full of potential but no chances to give him games)

Eddie Johnson (i just dont really like him to be honest and got 4m for him)

Bouazza (no place in the team for him)

J.P. Angel (high wages as well as age)

Great Thread - Im still in the early stages of my 1st season with the Cottagers and the team IMO is terrible and I have ripped it apart and started again - I know this means the level of understanding will be poor for 6 months but I will risk it - My Transfers in and out are -

OUT -

Hughes 5m

Murphy 4m

Bullard 3.4m

Dempsey 3.1m

S Ki Yeon 4.7m

Pantsil 4.7m

Barid 2.1m

I couldn't believe how much I got for some of those players - Thanks West Brom, Wigan & Boro!!!!!!!!!!

IN -

Pogrebnyak 7m after 24 months

Willian 7m after 24 months

Aquino 325k - BARGAIN OF THE CENTURY

Santon 3m

Carioca 3m

Bolzoni 3m

Enyeama 220k

Masiela 300k

David 2.8m

Pichu Atienza 275k

S Adams 240k

Also got some new coaches in. ( 2 Fitness Coaches from Shakhtar are excellent & cheap, One for Strength & one for Aerobic ))

My 1st 11 is -

GK - Enyeama/Schwarzer

DR - Santon/Stoor

DL - Konchesky/Masiela

DC - Andreasen/David

DC - Hangeland

DMC/MC - Bolzoni/Etuhu

MC - Carioca/Andranik

AMR - S Davies/Gera

AML - Aquino

AMC - Willian

ST - Pogrebnyak/Johnson ( Has been very poor so far )/Zamora (Great impact sub ).

My finance are now in the Black so hopefully can now build on & off the Pitch.

In January going to look for a DC, AML & AMC, will try and raise a few quid.

Will advise on my progress!!!!!!!!!!!

good stuff, hope you have as much fun as i am with my game, FYI my starting lineup / squad in Feb 2010 (2nd season after Jan transfer window)

GK : Foster / Vermeer (soon to be replaced with an AUS regen as he keeps skipping training)

DR : Faubert (thanks to relegated West Ham) / Stoor

DL : Ball (thanks Man City) / Eduardo

DC : Hangeland / Hughes

DC : Barzagli / whichever regen i fancy at the time

MR : Bullard / Gera

ML : Ledley / Mihelic

MC : Andreasen / Etuhu

MC : Faty / Andranik

AMC : Vukcevic / Kamara

FC : Johnson (although he'll be on his way out soon) / Syreznyov / Sturridge / Zamora.

Currently sitting in 11th place after 25 games (although 5 points from 7th and 6 points from 12th)

Just finished the 2nd season, and but for a terrible last 3 games, gaining 0 points, i would have finished 8th. Instead i had to settle for 10th. 3rd season funds tho : £21m. My main areas to strengthen this season are DM and my main problem goal scoring. Playing a lone striker is always going to be hard but this is the real difference in a 10th place club, and one puching for europe. My main strikers this year scored 7, 9, and 6, so i'm probably going to cash in on one or two of them to bring in a top class striker, my wish would be Yakubu, he scored 38 in 42 this season and can play by himself up there quite easily. I'm also looking to get rid of some more of the fringe players to bring in better quality even if it means having a tiny squad, i've bought quite a few regens and some youngsters so i wouldn't mind giving them a go, and Sherman Cardenas only has to complete another 70 days to gain his work permit, then i can unleash him on the prem

just got taken over in the 3rd season, the sale to a Qatari businessman fell through and i got Ali McIntosh instead, oh, and no more money in the coffers, ARGH. although i'm sitting pretty in 5th after 30 league games, tight with Villa in 6th and Man U in 4th

I am also playing a Fulham save and into March of my first season and currently sitting 13th. Have had an indifferent season with no form. Drawing home and away with Chelsea, yet losing heavily to Sunderland and Stoke.

So far I have signed:

Davide Santon - £2.2m to cover, and then take over from Pantsil and right back

Beto (£450,000 DCL to cover Hangelaand and Andresen)

Ugar Yildirim - free transfer to cover Dempsey on the right

Diego Tristan - £300,000 to provide cover for the front 2 as was short entering the season.

very Fulhamish. As long as you dont get relegated thats all that matters first season, and then you can flog off some average players for a lot of money (mainly to Spurs). Ugur Yildirim was class on my demo game, try him up front a couple of times, you'll be surprised, and Kamara did very well for me when he came back from injury

he does turn out ok although i would start to give him some games after 2 or 3 seasons otherwise he will not get far. Unfortunately i was lured into buying ryan bertrand as my left back and ashley young ont he left wing so he doesnt get to play too much. Will try to post a screenie of what hes like in 2011

parting of ways at the cottage

Finished my 3rd season in 6th in the league, amazing for Fulham i tihnk we'll all agree. I started to make changes to give me a better foothold for next season and competing in the UEFA Cup.

Over the season i brought in quite a few new players to try to keep me on track to improve every season, in the end my 1st 11 was as follows :

Foster

Ramon

Barzagli

C. Davies

Eduardo

Witsel

Carrick

Vass

Young

Vukcevic

Yakubu

The league form was beginning to become very sketchy, Vukcevic was off-form this season and not scoring and creating as many as last season, along with Yakubu playing in the african nations, i was sitting 15th (although the league was very tight).

I also took up a role with Bosnia and Herzegovina and led them to 3rd in the Euro Qualifiers. With my Fulham form suffering i resigned my national role and looked to sorting Fulham out. Some more poor performances and a board who were unwilling to give me a better wage budget than that of a high Championship club, i resigned after beign knocked out in the quarters of the UEFA cup to Liverpool.

I am now manager of Heracles in Holland, who have just been taken over and have immense funding for a Dutch side.

But dont worry, i shall return to the cottage (mainly because i am going to run the Heracles save dual to the Fulham game as i saved previous to resigning)

Here's something that should cheer up a few Fulham fans, on a cold winters afternoon. :D

eurocupfinalch6.th.jpg

Have been doing alright in the league, best placed finish so far has been 7th, and finished in 10th last this year after focusing on the Euro Cup. Plan to make a bid for top 5 this season and I have some of the very best regens in the game filling my first team.

Exciting times lie ahead I'm sure. :thup:

Right here goes, just started a new game with the Cottagers the dross has gone and I'm happy with the players I've got in.

Out include seol ki-hyeon, hughes, baird, murphy and pantsil.

In Thiago Silva, Pogrebynak (sp), Plessis and Carini.

I'm thinking of going for a 4-1-2-1-2 or a 4-4-2 yet undecided on who should play in the whole or on the right Dempsey or Gera. Can either be retrained to play on the left as Gray is village and i'm unsure if I can afford £2m on that Brazilian kid at Legia.

I predict I'll take the Premier League by storm and finish 12th.

Just started Fulham game on new patch, here are my transfer deals:

Derek Boateng (300k) - Brought in, as a decent young DMC, and I need these sort of players with smaller sides in my formation.

Christian Benitez (1.6m) - Decent looking striker, And should provide competition for Johnson and Nevland. (Do not rate Zamora in game)

Sergey Krivets (600k) - All round midfielder and a decent player for rotation. For 600k is very useful.

Mbark Boussouffa (1.1m) - Good Left and central player in my midfield. Knew I needed one as I do not feel Konchesky is too good on the flank.

15 games in and 5 points safe in 16th. Going ok currently, my best result being a 1-0 win against Chelsea :D

Decided we were definantly going to battle for relegation so brought in virtually a whole new squad - with selling a lot of first team and going to try and battle out for draws whilst they gel in.

OUT:

Hughes 4.5m

Baird 2.1m

Konchesky 5m

Murphy 2.3

Liejer 765k

Seol 4m

In:

Mattock 2.5m

Rafael Car 3m

Ljunberg 525k

Thiago Silva 2.8m

Celso Borges 275k

Ugur Yildrim Free

Vincenzo Fiorillo

And will probably look for another striker midfielder for the January window.

Yeah schwarzer came good and has been key in me winning a few matches - was actually first on the table till about 8 games in (had a very easy start to the season) but been very flat since and have virtually not got a result over the next 5 or so games sitting around 8th so hopefully can win a few and push for europe (doubtful) but will be happy with any finish above 14.

Update coming into february - still sitting around 9th I think ended up spending my remaining transfer budget on Keirrson who's been good so far.

Andrew Johnson - I just cannot get him scoring or even a good rating for some reason - so it seems Zamora (whos doing very well i think on 13 goals in 24 apps or something like that) and Keirrson is first choice striker partnership and will bring Johnson off the bench later in the match.

i also had the Andy Johnson problem, just ended up selling him and broguh in Yakubu who was awesome up top. Keep up the good league work, i was around there for a while, just hope you dont have to play the big teams in the run-in as i did and drop to 15th ish p.s. Is Keirrison prem quality? i've just been given the blackburn job (fulham 2008-12, Heracles 2012-14, blackburn 2014-present) and am in desperate need of a striker, had him at Heracles and he was banging them in, but thats an easy league

Keirrson ended up scoring 22 goals in 34 league appearances, so definantly is premiership quality and had a pretty average midfield supplying him.

Ended up finishing 13th in the first season - was pretty happy with that but would of loved a european place but anyway onto second season. Removed some spuds like Pantsil, andranik, ethu etc and said I would secure a midtable finish which left me a transfer budget of around 20 million pounds + what i secured from selling those players.

Signed Igor akinfeev for keeper - absolutely awesome.

Angel di maria - left wing - been decent so far

and Banko jasovik (think that's his name serbain winger) for rw on a free transfer. Also looking to sign a central mid in the mould of wilshire from Arsenal - but no succes so far.

Been playing as Fulham for quite a while, in my fifth season now.

Finished 13th in an okay first season. My main signings were Joe Mattock, David Santon, Daniel Aquino and Van der Vaart. (he took some convincing and still takes up most of my wage budget) Lost Paul Konchesky who was one of the clubs better players, he wanted a move to a bigger club and I accepted an £8M offer from Everton.

Second season I signed Sergio Asenjo to replace Schwarzer and he's been absolutely fantastic, kept me in with a chance in a number of games. Best £7.25M ive ever spent. Managed to seal a Uefa Cup spot by finishing 5th, 15 points away from 4th though.

Third season 7th, fourth season 6th. Dissapointing Uefa cup runs both years and I still haven't won any silverware, came closest 3rd season when I lost out to Arsenal in the league cup final.

Currently in my fifth season I'm off to a terrible start in the league, 12 games gone and I'm sitting in 17th on only 11 points.

My team now consists of:

GK Asenjo/Eneyema

RB Santon/Omozusi

LB Mattack/Regen

CB Kompany/Hangeland/Vermaelen

RM Quaresma/Villaluz

LM Regen/Fleck

CM Rafael Carioca/Regen/ Van der Vaart (out with broken leg)

ST Marquinhos/Aquino/Adriano

I managed to turn around my fifth season finishing 7th in the league, one place below my prediction. As for the cups I went one better than my 3rd season by winning the league cup, however in the FA and UEFA cups I had poor runs and was knocked out much earlier than hoped for.

Is anyone else playing as Fulham?? I'm finding it a good challenge and a very enjoyable game.

Archived