Two teams from same nation draw each other in Europa league playoffs!!

I'm currently in my third season with Kilmarnock, finished 3rd in the league so I qualified for the Europa League playoffs. Somehow I drew Rangers who finished 2and in the same league. Two teams from the same country can't play each other in the Europa league playoffs or can they?? Do the rules change in the future?? This is seriously bugging me, I was looking forward to playing some foreign teams. Please someone answer me.

20200227_095046.jpg

• 1 year later...

Playoff draw, straight from the UEFA site:

Please note that, in accordance with the regulations, no country protection was applied and clubs from the same association could have been drawn against each other. 

Thus it's not a bug and SI got it correct. 

Play-off roundEdit

The draw for the play-off round was held on 2 August 2021, 13:00 CEST.[23]

SeedingEdit

A total of 20 teams played in the play-off round. The teams were seeded into four "priority groups":

• Priority 1: 6 teams which entered in this round.
  • Priority 2: 6 losers of the 2021–22 UEFA Champions League third qualifying round (Champions Path), whose identity was not known at the time of the draw
  • Priority 3: 5 winners of the third qualifying round (Champions Path), whose identity was not known at the time of the draw
  • Priority 4: 3 winners of the third qualifying round (Main Path), whose identity was not known at the time of the draw

The procedure of the draw was as follows:

1. The three teams of priority 4 were drawn against teams of priority 1 to produce three ties, until there were no more teams of priority 4 left.
  2. The remaining three teams of priority 1 were drawn against teams of priority 3 to produce three ties, until there were no more teams of priority 1 left.
  3. The remaining two teams of priority 3 were drawn against teams of priority 2 to produce two ties, until there were no more teams of priority 3 left.
  4. The remaining four teams of priority 2 were drawn against each other to produce two ties.

There was no country protection for this round, thus teams from the same association could be drawn against each other. The first team drawn in each tie would be the home team of the first leg.

Excuse me SI! You are better on point than I thought!!