Jump to content

Recommended Posts

A Monmouth Task

Image result for monmouth town fc

A new career update for me and my first in several months. This time I'm going for a youth only challenge with newly promoted to the Welsh second tier Monmouth Town F.C.

64e985db2fad38bebd99061e6fc70b11.png

3a003d05325c01bda941e9cd9af2c947.png

71ba46ecaadaf2f8461ff6c74ec70f27.png

It's not much of a starting point - the mammoth task of toppling TNS, let alone European domination, seems a long way out of reach. Here's my band of merry men who will be key, in the short-term at least:

bb4748905f3c3687a6bd850236943191.png

f6b0dcb789cf4fbed6e99ab8b179d7b1.png

0888c4c55c129a9a9526fb32208bfced.png

d3a2d8ed6f64cf4bc9350bcc1f241b96.png

4324575f4f3eb414eefbd63c63dec863.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Kingfisher Legend

Some local folklore has it that in about 1936 there were extremely bad spring floods on the Monnow and Wye which effectively wiped out all of the Kingfisher nests along the rivers. Until then Monmouth had been a magnet for ornithologists from all over the country to see Britain’s most beautiful bird in all its glory. Official government sources from the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Timber recorded their alarm at the plight of the Kingfisher population and a detailed study was carried out to assess the damage. Amazingly the only surviving pair of breeding Kingfishers were found nesting in a deflated football that had floated down the Monnow into the Wye and lodged itself with its laces in some branches overlooking the river. It was in the days before the Magic Marker so it could not be proven that the ball had been lost in a game at the Town’s sportsground but it was deemed the obvious cause. And so ....one loose shot saved the entire Kingfisher population of the Wye and Monnow rivers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, smp20 said:

The Kingfisher Legend

Some local folklore has it that in about 1936 there were extremely bad spring floods on the Monnow and Wye which effectively wiped out all of the Kingfisher nests along the rivers. Until then Monmouth had been a magnet for ornithologists from all over the country to see Britain’s most beautiful bird in all its glory. Official government sources from the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Timber recorded their alarm at the plight of the Kingfisher population and a detailed study was carried out to assess the damage. Amazingly the only surviving pair of breeding Kingfishers were found nesting in a deflated football that had floated down the Monnow into the Wye and lodged itself with its laces in some branches overlooking the river. It was in the days before the Magic Marker so it could not be proven that the ball had been lost in a game at the Town’s sportsground but it was deemed the obvious cause. And so ....one loose shot saved the entire Kingfisher population of the Wye and Monnow rivers.

Now see this is amazing ! love learning things like this ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/02/2020 at 16:10, Gross_Ballon said:

Now see this is amazing ! love learning things like this ! 

Cheers, I thought it was a story worth sharing :D - actually going to start playing this save tonight!

Link to post
Share on other sites

logo_promoter_20576_1509426876.jpg.14d09

2020/21 Mid Season Update

League Results

8792661e51afdfdd4acb2248d928167a.png

A solid start considering we were predicted rock bottom - when we lose it's narrow and sometimes we really get in the rhythm and put teams to the sword.

League Table

d6a68fe1714119cefe0d7acbf5306fee.png

With just 8 points separating 1st and 10th it's a tight, exciting league! If we keep on picking up results we could really challenge for top spot and promotion to the Welsh Premier.

Cup Results

64870d8f24590a8f987290946aa08ec2.png

A disappointing Welsh Cup campaign has been softened by a superb NMG Cup run - we're into the semi's against second tier opposition Caernarfon so a real chance of a final.

Player Stats

3b1f2eb3476696eb60b91cc5c995d621.png

We've kept a consistent 11 bar a little bit of rotation up top. Burridge and Joe Davies have been performing to their abilities, while O'Leary and Osbourne have been playing well above theirs.

Development

28e1637188be917c90009a7d7bf882c1.png

4b276cc22e4abae314961dc3648d1f1c.png

5c181b74dcdb08ff9d89b04c9233b998.png

Two upgrades to JC and one to YR which puts us in a decent position for our first intake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/02/2020 at 23:58, smp20 said:

The Kingfisher Legend

Some local folklore has it that in about 1936 there were extremely bad spring floods on the Monnow and Wye which effectively wiped out all of the Kingfisher nests along the rivers. Until then Monmouth had been a magnet for ornithologists from all over the country to see Britain’s most beautiful bird in all its glory. Official government sources from the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Timber recorded their alarm at the plight of the Kingfisher population and a detailed study was carried out to assess the damage. Amazingly the only surviving pair of breeding Kingfishers were found nesting in a deflated football that had floated down the Monnow into the Wye and lodged itself with its laces in some branches overlooking the river. It was in the days before the Magic Marker so it could not be proven that the ball had been lost in a game at the Town’s sportsground but it was deemed the obvious cause. And so ....one loose shot saved the entire Kingfisher population of the Wye and Monnow rivers.

Now THAT's what I follow a thread for! :lol::applause:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/02/2020 at 21:32, smp20 said:

785e7dc3c765e5d28e0727e31fad075c.png

We've lost our first choice striker to English 7th tier side Basingstoke :( 

I was about to comment how good I thought he looked and I was counting his goals, but he's 31 so this really isn't the disaster it might have been had he been younger. 

Your wide players seem to have a decent scoring ratio and I would have rather lost Ford than Osbourne or Waller. Anyway, you have the slightly younger Ford to step right in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Now THAT's what I follow a thread for! :lol::applause:

:D:D:D:D

14 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I was about to comment how good I thought he looked and I was counting his goals, but he's 31 so this really isn't the disaster it might have been had he been younger. 

Your wide players seem to have a decent scoring ratio and I would have rather lost Ford than Osbourne or Waller. Anyway, you have the slightly younger Ford to step right in. 

Yeah Elliot was good for this level, but Ahsley Ford has stepped up and grabbed 3 goals in around 10 games in his absence. I'm praying for a striker in the intake:

34ec4bd4f95540aa62039bb9e0cad6ac.png

12 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Great to see you back, coach. ;)

Cheers, it's good to be back!

Link to post
Share on other sites

logo_promoter_20576_1509426876.jpg.14d09

Youth Intake 2021

46e1ed5bbc2d4ac961d91551d07eb547.png

6b3a053268cb061a478af19a586494f2.png

Where Jeon Sang-Won came from (exchange or language student?) I will never know, but what a top prospect he is!!!

622111585b7bed3d50517683d12c8829.png

At 17 he's already as good as the best players within our squad and he is the perfect Right Inside Forward in the making. Welcome Korean Master :hammer:

These guys are good prospects too:

3192088cdd6f9597c560b782c80bc718.png

51a7998354211308546360925fe5a474.png

ebeb7219ca2d9b7e49c4b1e32c56ece6.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

logo_promoter_20576_1509426876.jpg.14d09

6285b7c587b75eb35f67b1bc2cc1a68c.png

A season well above expectations and two shiny trophies to add to the trophy cabinet. Top flight football will be played in Monmouth!

96cdb3b226dd7d845da5f37cb4f845f1.png

We finished the season on an 8 game unbeaten run, albeit with a few too many draws for my liking. Got to love our sh*thousing in the cup :lol:

0edd279900b960b7f8ffb86ccd264553.png

A consistent team kept throughout - Burridge turning into a CAM part way through the season. Jeon Sang-Won had 2 incredible games in his 3 appearances, I get the feeling he won't be in Monmouthshire for much longer!

5646968f4577508ae508f50bd5eeb7a3.png

His attributes are far from spectacular, but O'Leary was consistent with goals and assists and rightfully won the player of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Wow, having to play at a university because your ground is not up to standard ;)

To be fair, we literally had a local park!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, smp20 said:

To be fair, we literally had a local park!

I quite liked the stand behind the goal that where JSW spanked the free-kick in, (oh wait, you might have been away). :rolleyes:

I love the differences of smaller grounds in FM. 

[Edit]

KSW looks a little special already, (and I say that through gritted teeth as I hate anything inverted despite how successful I know some of them to be). 

Edited by Jimbokav1971
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/02/2020 at 12:26, Kovacevic said:

A good read so far - I'm from not too far away from Monmouth but had never heard the kingfisher story. Hope you can hold onto Wales' best young Korean for long enough to get into europe.

Thanks, it's great the way you end up reading about random clubs through playing as them on FM :D

On 29/02/2020 at 12:29, Jimbokav1971 said:

I quite liked the stand behind the goal that where JSW spanked the free-kick in, (oh wait, you might have been away). :rolleyes:

I love the differences of smaller grounds in FM. 

[Edit]

KSW looks a little special already, (and I say that through gritted teeth as I hate anything inverted despite how successful I know some of them to be). 

Yeah it was away, but there is still a lot more actual grandstands in FM than they have IRL - just a small stand and then a footpath around the pitch! KSW is looking like he'll be key if we are to be successful.

On 29/02/2020 at 13:29, Bartrcm said:

Glad to see you back at the forum. Will follow as usual. 

Cheers, it's good to be back!

On 29/02/2020 at 16:58, MadCatPT said:

If he ain't a scrouge type I would call some tax eavasion type shenanigans.

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what he'll bring to the table, he could have at least kept us playing our football in Monmouth :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites

37d3e101a716cf9526e6affb9951c730.png

1fcfb8eae4a9b887fc8df4fce0de9e79.png

Another couple of upgrades, although we certainly don't have the money for facility upgrades at the moment with just £9k in the bank. It will be easier to keep hold of our players now because we can offer proper part-time contracts - JSW is now on a 2 year contract on £100p/w.

Link to post
Share on other sites

logo_promoter_20576_1509426876.jpg.14d09

2021/22 Mid-Season Update

League Results

a93a4d9b0c3e5b4155633a46b5aa2768.png

We got off to a great start, then had a patch of inconsistency followed by a really poor run of no wins in 6. However, recently we've turned it back around with two straight victories.

League Table

d0813508f345d6d9183399e029fd9b5d.png

We've got just two fixtures left going into the split, including a 'home' game against Cardiff Met. A win there will secure us a place in the top half which I would be very happy with considering we're expected to finish rock bottom!

Cup Results

79f4db3894f38ab2020c5e6c0377c24d.png

We we're thumped by Bangor in the NMG quarters, but we're still going in the Welsh Cup.

Player Stats

a2fcf9466053519562163dd63772a18a.png

Tom Burridge has been our creative force, creating 15 chances from attacking midfield and being our best player by average rating. JSW hasn't lived up to the hype particularly when it comes to creating chances.

818e56deceef1d2ebd09873443fbcf28.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As the creator of the Welsh Level 7 database, I've ran probably over 100 simulations of the Welsh leagues and not once have I seen TNS overthrown. Please, be the change I wish to see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

@Rainbowz, @XaWhas successfully overthrown them with a youth only Caersws.  See this thread for details.

4 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

Brings a happy tear to my eye.

Indeed, still only got to the CL group stages though. And I've gotten a bit lucky with TNS at times, they had a poor time with John Hartson as manager for a few years. That made them way worse. Aberystwyth Town were the first to beat them in 2023/24. Also AI controlled Bangor City beat them two times before I did in 2028/29!

HVX7LcB.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

As the creator of the Welsh Level 7 database, I've ran probably over 100 simulations of the Welsh leagues and not once have I seen TNS overthrown. Please, be the change I wish to see.

I will try my best :D

5 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

@Rainbowz, @XaWhas successfully overthrown them with a youth only Caersws.  See this thread for details.

Nice one!!!

4 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

Great read

Is Sang-Won garnering any interest yet?

Thanks :) - no he hasn't at all except from bids of £0 from Welsh tier 2 sides :herman:

29 minutes ago, XaW said:

Indeed, still only got to the CL group stages though. And I've gotten a bit lucky with TNS at times, they had a poor time with John Hartson as manager for a few years. That made them way worse. Aberystwyth Town were the first to beat them in 2023/24. Also AI controlled Bangor City beat them two times before I did in 2028/29!

HVX7LcB.png

Great work there @XaW

Link to post
Share on other sites

logo_promoter_20576_1509426876.jpg.14d09

Youth Intake 2022: An Actual Golden Generation

424c6d817e6aee65f39ad22bc3524a65.png

1abdb80fbfdba814538f97d01b358815.png

I don't think I've ever quite seen an intake like it in terms of star ratings :eek: - I will let the player screenshots speak for themselves...

dff7f95a6061a380c6a460a42a8b70cd.png

406f55977698bc4ff2a7d1eff93fc7f6.png

82abaed05d16acf5372cde60a29c7805.png

a71ee5a930b853e4e56151928ceffcdc.png

718d63892a60599bcd444035361dc284.png

bb5aaecd104f36cf53a5fa4fe4fdb935.png

5395e78b5a7b552971126267d20706c4.png

2c92abebcd25a363e3bb70a51c30238e.png

4985a0c5b87143ce437bb6ad69e5da38.png

481b0fb8b3b86b4981594ca59ee72817.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

b0a59555005c23a83eb64b5e385ae15c.png

04ff3631117cbd5111d6ac20959ebec4.png

Very, very little to shout about on the pitch since the turn of the new year means that despite securing top half, we ended up with less points than relegated Newtown! TNS had an incredible unbeaten season, picking up both cups along the way too. We've got a chance to redeem our season though:

4d052ad238ba84926eb667ab8dd5dd1a.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

aca9913d9d9016361cd23d9953b1ebb4.png

d9f3526658f51a60c1274319ae9a006c.png

Starlet Shaun Cook grabs his first goals for the club to put us into the final and a chance for a spot in Europe!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...