Contract Wage Cap

In my 7th season with Sunderland and have managed to accumulate a huge transfer pot (£184m) even after offering big contracts to important players. Now if I adjust my budget towards wages I can supposedly offer a ‘maximum wage’ of £500k per week. I have a 21 year old Argentinian hero being paid £150k per week and his contract expires in 2 years time. I’m trying to offer him a new contract but there seems to be some sort of artificial cap at £275k per week. I have tried increasing the signing bonus etc and played around with the budget allocation and nothing works. I don’t understand why it states a ‘maximum wage’ that I can’t get anywhere close to. Worth noting that I’ve been able to offer other players greater amounts than this, but never been able to get near the ‘maximum wage’ stated. Has anyone come across this before?

F7E3281A-AE5A-4AAC-A223-12F63CC8AEDF.png

I have several 5 star players and haven’t been able to offer any of them the maximum so it seems pointless to state it. Also pointless being able to adjust budgets in favour of wages if you can’t utilise it. There’s no board cap on transfer fee so doesn’t seem quite right.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, DJO said:

I have several 5 star players and haven’t been able to offer any of them the maximum so it seems pointless to state it. Also pointless being able to adjust budgets in favour of wages if you can’t utilise it. There’s no board cap on transfer fee so doesn’t seem quite right.

If you can get us the save game then I'd be happy to take a look at this and tweak if it's required.

To be 'given' the maximum wage available the board need to believe that its required to keep/get the player and that they're worth it. For instance if you had me in your squad your wage budget might indicate a max wage of 500k - but the board would probably consider the upper end of that slightly excessive for a 48 year old defender with two left feet ... and in those circumstances it'd be restricted to a more sensible, say 100 pounds per year ...possibly as a means of making me diet more ;)

More seriously - if the player isn't truly world class in the boards eyes then 250k/week should be enough to entice most players to the week, wages above that presume that the player is a truly world class star and/or coming in with a huge transfer fee.

On 26/02/2020 at 22:00, Marc Vaughan said:

I'm afraid it has to be connected to a computer to get the files to email or upload, if anyone else has similar problems then I'd be happy to look at their saves equally ... 

Hey Marc Im playing fmm20 and alot of transfers missing like martin braithwaite barcelona zyech chelsa on futures transfer