Managing in Spain - B team issue

Hi guys,

I recently started a new save on FM20 in Spain and have the following questions concerning B teams mechanic:

1. Signed a promising youngster from Argentina, but all my non-EU slots are occupied. I wanted to register him for my B team - is there a way to do this without moving him there from the first team? Because I'm a bit afraid that if I move him to B team, the 'welcoming period' won't register properly and he might become unsettled as well.

2. Is there a way to change the staff member responsible for providing advice on B team players? When I click on a B team player and go to progress/development tab, my goalkeeping coach is the staff member voicing his opinion on CA and PA and I have staff members who are better at judging those than him.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do.. This is a known bug - B team registration does NOT work, so playing in Spain is impossible (at least for me)..  3 months ago a lot of us wrote about that (including myself) here: Spain specific issues

But it seems developers don't care at all - there were patches/hotfixes, and they fixed - nothing.. Shame..

7 hours ago, vlada28 said:

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do.. This is a known bug - B team registration does NOT work, so playing in Spain is impossible (at least for me)..  3 months ago a lot of us wrote about that (including myself) here: Spain specific issues

But it seems developers don't care at all - there were patches/hotfixes, and they fixed - nothing.. Shame..

You know what, I just read that thread because I couldn't initially believe that what you were saying would be true and thought maybe there was some misunderstanding.

Absolutely crazy that it did at one point work and then they patched it out accidentally. I definitely won't be going to Spain until it's fixed.

The winter update does seem to contain some fixes for B team, my B team hired a Tech Dir and a Loan manager, something that used to be broken, I don't quite get why the game hired them as I'm in charge of B team staff, but before (the winter patch) when I tried to hire someone I couldn't find the B Tech Dir and B Loan Manager job in the list of jobs.

I still can't play my senior players on the B team outside the transfer window and I think my B team players can't tell the difference between playing for Barca's senior or B team, so I have 5* players being happy playing for the B team regularly. Only the second I move them to the B team does it seem to have a check that result in the player noticing and my Captain shut's them up. (I don't intentionally move 5* players to the B team, but one of the young signings that I thought was 3ish* PA, seem to have developed or been wrongly scouted and was a bit better than I realized when I moved him.)

There is no problem with moving a player to the B team in regard to the welcoming system. There is a problem with parking a player in the B team and playing him on the Senior team, because after 10 matches on the Senior team he gets moved to the senior team squad, so you can't use the 2 extra FGN slot on the B team to hold a regularly playing Senior team player.

On 20/02/2020 at 12:57, likesiamesefish said:

Absolutely crazy that it did at one point work and then they patched it out accidentally. I definitely won't be going to Spain until it's fixed.

Yes, absolutely crazy.. You will definitely wait a lot, because they DID NOT fixed it in latest 20.3 again.. Disrespectful, because we are "crying" in bugs thread for that simple fix for the last 3 months..

On 20/02/2020 at 21:33, Miravlix said:

I still can't play my senior players on the B team outside the transfer window

That is the biggest issue.. It was working before first patch, they accidentally broke it, and after they just forgot Spain bug thread and all our posts.. In 20.3 they just added "registration" in b menu - but it does not work, it just leads you to the b team squad page.. I wonder if they at least once try some "fix" or they are just don't care anymore - they already took the money and nothing else matters..

What is the most cynical - when somebody in feedback thread write something about those bugs, they always insist - please, use bugs forum, etc.. Why?? Will somebody read bug thread and actually do something?? I doubt - we are literally begging for that simple fix since early december and, of course - nothing..

• 1 year later...
On 18/02/2020 at 14:26, Maniek312 said:

1. Signed a promising youngster from Argentina, but all my non-EU slots are occupied. I wanted to register him for my B team - is there a way to do this without moving him there from the first team? Because I'm a bit afraid that if I move him to B team, the 'welcoming period' won't register properly and he might become unsettled as well.

I know its a year late. I came across this thread while looking for a solution to the youth team staff wage issue in Spain.

Anyhow, here's the solution I found out intuitively during my very first save. Keep the youngster you want to register to B team as "available for B team" state (NOT "until match fit" or "for next match"). That way, when you opt to open registration menu for B team on transfer deadline day, you'll have that youngster available for registration. And once registered, even if you remove his availability for B team, he'll still remain registered until the transfer window opens next