[FM24 & older] [SKIN] Dark Polish Skins

Ceyvol

@<<Macaco-RJ88>> It's the container with "tactics_kit_picture" widget. You can increase kits size by changing layout value 42 in it - for example to 32 (lower is bigger).

Also, when you move whole container at the bottom of the file (before last </panel>), kits will appear on top of player widgets instead of under them. That's how it's originally in FM21.

It's all trial and error mate. I often don't know myself what I'm doing until I reload the skin 😵

@Littbarski Only if I will figure some convenient method to convert it. So never say never, but it's not on my priority list.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ceyvol thanks for this, looks amazing. The only minor issue I have is that in player attributes screen the 'Player Traits' (PPM)  panel is a bit small so I have to scroll down to see all the traits if a player has a few of them. This might be also related to my screen resolution (1920x1080) though I don't have this problem with base FM skin. Otherwise this is an ideal skin for me!

3 hours ago, kandersson said:

@Ceyvol thanks for this, looks amazing. The only minor issue I have is that in player attributes screen the 'Player Traits' (PPM)  panel is a bit small so I have to scroll down to see all the traits if a player has a few of them. This might be also related to my screen resolution (1920x1080) though I don't have this problem with base FM skin. Otherwise this is an ideal skin for me!

That's due to changed font. Nice catch, I will try to fix it. Didn't see it since all my players have one trait at best :lol:

2 hours ago, Barnetfan said:

Apologies if this has been asked before. How do I reduce the capacity on the team screens so I can see my custom backgrounds?

(EDIT) I figured it out, but it needs extra file. Will be included in next release.

2 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

Hello mate to you think in the future its is possible to add things like player face of the goal scorer or the name of the player who got the assist? 

Possible, but only when I will have reference from other skin. Definitely won't be able to implement that from scratch.

Edited by Ceyvol

Version 1.12 is out
Download link is the same: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dairo10ouel7sf9/Dark_Polish_Skin_21.zip/file

- dark scoreboard with club logos instead of 6-letter names
- improved player traits visibility in player attributes screen - for @kandersson
- you can activate backgrounds in full by removing "." from ".client object browser.xml" file name - for @Barnetfan

22 minutes ago, Ceyvol said:

Version 1.12 is out
Download link is the same: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dairo10ouel7sf9/Dark_Polish_Skin_21.zip/file

- improved player traits visibility in player attributes screen - for @kandersson
- you can activate backgrounds in full by removing "." from ".client object browser.xml" file name - for @Barnetfan

You are amazing! Thank you for all this.

15 hours ago, Ceyvol said:

Version 1.12 is out

Thank you mate appreciated! Where is this .xml located? Cannot seem to find it in any of the folders

Edited by Barnetfan

On 25/11/2020 at 23:38, Ceyvol said:

Version 1.12 is out

legend ! purple is gone :)  If i can give u one tip . can u rename the skin name after every update ? now i'm updating the skin while playing the game and i can't delete the old one (if i don't delete this, i have two dark polish fm21 skins in my preferences). Thanks for everything !

and one more small thing. I can't read the continue message in the right corner, can i change this or can u take a look at it please ?

995a253ee735e95ff751e29c716ff9eb.png

Edited by OlivierL

Thank you for report :) Just please don't ask me questions you can answer yourselves in about 5 seconds.

If you suspect this might be due to your zoom, then undo that zoom and check how it looks without that zoom. I neither know your setup nor posses it. You are the only one who can test it in that exact environment and provide me this info. Changing zoom in either FM or OS takes 4 clicks of the mouse.

When you confirm to me that zoom is not the issue, then I can attempt to fix.

Edited by Ceyvol

Hey man !

Do you think its possible to add widgets or something like that, it was in previous versions, i also attached what i mean. 

One other thing i noticed, the circles next to a player when u are making tactics are not changing like in previous fm versions. Lets say if a player is a winger on amr position it would have full green circle, if u changed it on lets say inside forward, the green circle would not be fully painted, but in this skin in fm 2021 it doesnt change it, the circle always stays the same color of green for the player. 

widgets.png.adee3fa8261f59655356e0c81f91f6fa.png

10 minutes ago, blejdek said:

Hey man !

Do you think its possible to add widgets or something like that, it was in previous versions, i also attached what i mean. 

One other thing i noticed, the circles next to a player when u are making tactics are not changing like in previous fm versions. Lets say if a player is a winger on amr position it would have full green circle, if u changed it on lets say inside forward, the green circle would not be fully painted, but in this skin in fm 2021 it doesnt change it, the circle always stays the same color of green for the player. 

You already have a thread regarding widgets, please don't post in other peoples threads.

Regarding the tactical circles, it's not supported in the game anymore and as far as im aware it doesn't work properly so I wouldn't use it personally.

Making such modification as widgets is way beyond my skills. I'm not even fluent in XML :D All the changes I make are in fact very basic - every actual skinmaker will confirm it ;)

5 hours ago, blejdek said:

They are not dynamic anymore when you switch the role alone, which means you have to leave tactics screen and go back to see the change. They also refresh when you change and change back player's position. Can't be fixed I think since it's added manually.

4 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Regarding the tactical circles, it's not supported in the game anymore and as far as im aware it doesn't work properly so I wouldn't use it personally.

They work properly, we just don't have the reference anymore. That's because player's "role and duty" ranking is now using CA-based "role ability" from staff report instead of "role suitability" system. Role suitability and role ability are not the same things. Role suitability didn't include player's quality, every player had at least one natural suitable role, no matter how crappy they were overall. This is not the case in role ability, where CA is one of the factors.

By leaving the cursor on a pie rate and you can see the same current role suitability info - but with star rate. They are matching.

obraz.png.2806824aca2dea9b53789bf39bc60653.png

It's just full role suitability ranking is not shown in the game anymore. It got replaced by role ability ranking. This is consistent with other game changes - to condition and shape - where SI decided to rate players in more realistic (vague) way. So basically suitability pies are pieces of bigger suitability rate system which SI decided to scrap from the front-end.

Edited by Ceyvol

On 03/12/2020 at 19:02, Sir Jake said:

Is there anything I can do to edit this or can't it be changed?

Cheers

It's possible for sure and removing purples from match screen is on my roadmap, but I'm still not fluent in editing this part of the skin yet. I need more time.

22 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

This is the best skin out there by far, i used it also in FM 20.

If you could add player face to the scorer and the player name who got the assist it will be amazing

I noted this by first time, you don't need to post this every week ;) If I'll stumble upon solution for this - it will be done. If not, then not. Simple.

Another update is soon, btw. Nice things are coming!

Dark Polish Skin 2.0 with background selector is out!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dairo10ouel7sf9/Dark_Polish_Skin_21.zip/file

What's new in 2.0?

1. Enhanced background selector:
- club color theme is not covered by backgrounds anymore.
- background selecting works properly now. Originally they could change chaotically, clicking on previews from 5 to 10 enabled background next to it. I managed to fix it.
- previews display entire backgrounds instead of some extreme zooms.
- previews are smaller now and there is no forced darkening inside selector. This let's you see better in real time how exactly your changes look in-game.
- bg selector and opacity selector are closer to each other. You don't have to move cursor through entire screen anymore.
- opacity selector has 90% option now.
- opacity overlays are made on dark grey instead of black, which makes the effect more consistent with the skin.

https://i.imgur.com/TRIOEnB.png

2. "Huge" database option:
- when creating new game with Dark Polish Skin, you can now choose "huge" database option. Remember these options change mostly depth of selected data - main factor of database size is still "approximate player count" decided by number of playable leagues and/or custom preferences.

https://i.imgur.com/YXbNMlq.png

3. New main menu, based on FM21 skin:
- the one I made for FM20 was fine but it was brought to my attention it didn't scale well on very big resolutions. Eventually it was easier to make a new one than figure out the fix.

https://i.imgur.com/2K6vDLf.png

4. Instant result popup with more info:
- basic stats of our players.
- important match events like goals are on top.
- match stats with bar charts.

https://i.imgur.com/sFlOczD.png

5. Fixed broken news feed pictures:
- player picture is now well-fitting with big story photo (I love you SI, but someone should be fined for that one).
- smaller news photos have backgrounds.

gqyVqP5.png

6. Full dark match screen:
- remaining purple elements are gone now.
- fixed visibility of continue button in match screen, it won't appear white on white anymore.

aWWjIjP.png

7. Minor visual fixes for instant result button, role suitability pies, profile circle icons, social media club avatars, sidebar selector and match scoreboard.

Enjoy!

Edited by Ceyvol

1 hour ago, drajen said:

Well, I have 21

I don't understand your confusion. There are only two download links in first post. One is the skin for FM21 and the other is the one for FM20. They are both latest versions.

The link for FM21 skin I post with every update is one and the same. Mediafire has an option to replace file on specific download link. So it's impossible for you to download older version of the skin when newer is out.

When I post there's a skin update, you need to download skin once again and remove the old one. I really can't be more clear on that.

Current version (2.0) has an annotation in skin description that it is v2.0. Older ones doesn't.

Edited by Ceyvol

2.1 is out now! Since with this version certain skin files were removed, make extra sure NOT to replace the skin folder with the old one (which you should NEVER do anyway!). Always delete the old folder and paste new one.

Download link same as always: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dairo10ouel7sf9/Dark_Polish_Skin_21.zip/file

What's new?

1. Improved Instant Result button design:

image.png.2acf566c51882b5fb08bc47f0a9cb286.png

- button is now located at match day header panel, based on FM 2021 Touch,
- this also solves the problem of squad view buttons overlaping each other in certain scenarios,
- button colors are now dynamic (reversed competition colors),
- changed icon from "whistle" to "fast forward", feels more intuitive,
- improved confirmation popup - the "yes" button is now bigger and positioned in straight line under the instant result button, so it's more comfortable to click through them.

obraz.png.5efa671d868f9dc0a86c3923f14798f3.png

2. Various improvements:
- removed color accents from team sheet paper, since they make custom logos poorly visible in too many cases,

obraz.png.0aedf71a1928fbb272fa48331987ac96.png

- improved edges quality of default logos,

obraz.png.6102150997c6dbbd20a042e892922dd4.png

- sharper @2x default continent logos,

obraz.png.f00e790683177673f3e3a64d9244a3d4.png

- fixed red highlight of unavailable player when chosen on tactic screen list,

obraz.png.6519eca1fae5f45f6a4e959d5b78df18.png

- fixed "white on white" continue button in certain scenarios during press conferences and manager appointment.

obraz.png.a3d2e5d4a3e650f46c21ab1fd820fb65.png

Hope you enjoy!

Edited by Ceyvol

1 hour ago, aduh said:

Why game not "remember" my background selector settings and have to set it up every start?

Is any other skin capable of this? I don't think it's even possible. This is not original game feature, thus is not affected by skin cache.

When skin is loaded during game startup, it loads background file named "default" - this is how FM skins are designed by default.

You can modify skin under the hood so it will load at startup file with different name, but it will always load this one specific file nonetheless.

Selector is in fact just basic game widget - it can't actually modify skin files (and it would have to do it every time you change the background for the effect you ask for).

Opacity is also just manual overlay toogle. It's not valid game option so I don't think it can be saved in any way either.

But!

If you have any particular setup you like, you can go to skin files and make changes manually:

Dark Polish Skin 21\graphics\backgrounds

Here you can rename background files, choosing "default" name for the background you like the most. It will became your game's first choice that way.

There is also ".overlay" folder. If you rename it to "overlay", this will enable 90% opacity by default. Just be aware this works outside of opacity selector - so any extra opacity you will choose in game after that will go on top of this 90%. This is just provisional workaround I left exactly for question like yours ;)

Edited by Ceyvol

thanks ;)

btw great job!

ps small suggestion, could you make in next update font on this button little bit bigger? (in english: continue, right upper corner)
fTLbxxe.png

Edited by aduh

19 hours ago, Ceyvol said:

But!

If you have any particular setup you like, you can go to skin files and make changes manually:

Dark Polish Skin 21\graphics\backgrounds

Here you can rename background files, choosing "default" name for the background you like the most. It will became your game's first choice that way.

There is also ".overlay" folder. If you rename it to "overlay", this will enable 90% opacity by default. Just be aware this works outside of opacity selector - so any extra opacity you will choose in game after that will go on top of this 90%. This is just provisional workaround I left exactly for question like yours ;)

well it seems that there is a problem with that solution
Matches are dark under overlay, the field is dark and there is hard to see anything :D

That is why I came with my own solution and split your overlay image with some nice old trafford background in Photoshop and place it in "Dark Polish Skin 21\graphics\backgrounds".
Both files (default.jpg and default.png) in attachement...

mYQYbmB.jpeg

default.jpg

default.png

Edited by aduh