B Team Staff

Having an issue on my save with hiring staff for my B Team. 

Currently managing Real Hispalis, for the first two seasons in my save I did not have the 3rd tier of the Spanish Leagues active which is where my B team plays. I never had any staff for my B team at this time and just assumed it was because the league wasn't activated. I've now activated the league and nobody at all wants to manage the B team. The job advert has been out for months with no applications received, everyone I approach for the job wants stupidly high wages with some even demanding more than what I get paid to manage the first team! I've never done a save in Spain, or worked with B teams before so is there something I'm missing, or is this a common problem? Any help is appreciated. 

I've never found success with this aspect of the game over multiple versions using a B team (although not on FM20).

In my experience it will just be a real struggle to get someone and you are best off going for somebody who looks under-qualified but is young, you could try appointing some staff from your own youth team as well. Definitely get them to sign as long a deal as possible though as they won't want to renew when their deal expires.

It is the same with B teams in Germany (or at least was in FM19). For whatever reason, because they're considered an "affiliate" club with a lower reputation instead of the youth squad of the senior team, staff who are willing to work as U19 managers/coaches can be totally unwilling to work with the B team. Appeals to SI to imrove this side of the game seem to have fallen on deaf ears, sadly.

24 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

It is the same with B teams in Germany (or at least was in FM19). For whatever reason, because they're considered an "affiliate" club with a lower reputation instead of the youth squad of the senior team, staff who are willing to work as U19 managers/coaches can be totally unwilling to work with the B team. Appeals to SI to imrove this side of the game seem to have fallen on deaf ears, sadly.

I've not had too much of an issue with my 2nd team as Dortmund, though that may be due to them getting promoted to the 3. Liga after the first season.

21 hours ago, likesiamesefish said:

I've never found success with this aspect of the game over multiple versions using a B team (although not on FM20).

In my experience it will just be a real struggle to get someone and you are best off going for somebody who looks under-qualified but is young, you could try appointing some staff from your own youth team as well. Definitely get them to sign as long a deal as possible though as they won't want to renew when their deal expires.

Tried my u19s manager first, wants 30k a week, max I can offer is 5 lol. I looked at some coaches from the 3rd division but none of them were interested. Funnily enough I see in the Job Centre that lots of Spanish B teams are advertising for managers.