Chris Wilders Sheffield Utd

Sorry if this has been posted before but has anyone tried to recreate Wilders tactics in fm20? I would be really interested to see peoples thoughts/ideas and any help in making it would be greatly appreciated.

40 minutes ago, milestobudapest said:

@Rashidi is your man for this

4 hours ago, Hilly1979 said:

Not sure how you can get overlapping central defenders on fm

7 hours ago, rdan said:

Sorry if this has been posted before but has anyone tried to recreate Wilders tactics in fm20? I would be really interested to see peoples thoughts/ideas and any help in making it would be greatly appreciated.

Yep, completely impossible in the current edition of FM. 

I even tried it using the Libero exploit (where you could get your side CBs to play as Liberos and it still was nowhere near.

17 minutes ago, yellowforever said:

I even tried it using the Libero exploit (where you could get your side CBs to play as Liberos and it still was nowhere near.

There is no libero exploit that will help the BPDs overlap. On my twitch streams I have shown how this is done. Its a fairly complex juggle, but it can be done but its not something you can expect to see happen every time the BPD has the ball. The conditions must exist.  Its not consistent, so if you expect to build a tactic around it then its gonna be a handful.

1. He obviously needs the attributes, there are only a handful of players I have been able to do this with consistently, VVD, De Light and I think I did it on the AC Milan stream and one another on Twitch. So the player has to be really important

2. He needs space and this is the toughest one to do, he can't have a DLP beside him who's gonna attract the ball, and he needs to be good on the ball so that when he does pass it to someone, the player passes it back to him so that he can make a driving run. I did a snippet very early in FM20 showing how VVD can drive all the way to the box and I mean the sides of the box to pop in a cross for an assist.

3. You cannot be playing on mentalities lower than positive, the higher the better, and you cannot be playing on low defensive lines, they need to be higher. 

You cannot recreate Wilder 100%, that is totally impossible atm, because its a tactical switch that they do. I can get the BPD to deliver an assist, but I cannot guarantee that you will be defensively secure.

Following on from what Rashidi has said, I think player traits could be vital here. Some notable ones that spring to mind: brings ball out of defence, gets forward whenever possible, and runs down right/left flank. 

On Monday I have a video called Mythbusters coming out, where i talk about the BPD, and it shows a BPD making the kind of run I suggest, you will notice that sometimes he makes these runs, and for all the effort it takes, the balls just comes back. So while we can make the movement now, depending on it is something altogether different.

its crazy to think we can recreate some of the most genius tactical minds of the last century of football im talking Sacchi Bielsa Cruyff Guardiola Klopp Lobanovskyi but we just cant recreate Christopher John Wilder i think he is a fantastic tactician and as a villa fan i am extremely jealous of Sheffield United. 

1 hour ago, latrell said:

its crazy to think we can recreate some of the most genius tactical minds of the last century of football im talking Sacchi Bielsa Cruyff Guardiola Klopp Lobanovskyi but we just cant recreate Christopher John Wilder i think he is a fantastic tactician and as a villa fan i am extremely jealous of Sheffield United. 

Yeah, but if you think about it, the managers you have listed have been using that style for a number of years now, whilst others have since finished their careers.

Wilder is here and now and, within the next few editions of FM, you will be able to recreate his style but there will be someone else doing something new we won't be able to recreate an exact copy of.

Thats the beauty of it all, it's constantly evolving. It just shows that Football Manager is more than just a game. 

2 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Yeah, but if you think about it, the managers you have listed have been using that style for a number of years now, whilst others have since finished their careers.

Wilder is here and now and, within the next few editions of FM, you will be able to recreate his style but there will be someone else doing something new we won't be able to recreate an exact copy of.

Thats the beauty of it all, it's constantly evolving. It just shows that Football Manager is more than just a game. 

Yes you are right on reflection he has only really got everyone talking for 3 seasons now witch is not long in the grand scheme of things, and that's what i love about fm every year there is something new with what we can do with tactics. 

• 2 weeks later...
Em 01/02/2020 em 22:36, jc577 disse:

Following on from what Rashidi has said, I think player traits could be vital here. Some notable ones that spring to mind: brings ball out of defence, gets forward whenever possible, and runs down right/left flank

is it possible to train the player gets those both ppms?