Stardust Beta Beater

Introduction

I want to start by giving you a little bit of background on the way I play FM, my views on creating tactics and the way I like to set up tactics. 

I play the game by watching the games, and my tactics are set up to play like this. It may just be superstition on my part but I believe that an instant result function, holiday mode, and tactic testing leagues cannot replicate playing the game, I am not saying they cannot be a good indicator but I've lost count of the amount of times I have downloaded a tactic topping every testing league known to man only to be let down by it in game.

I would even go as far to say, that if I was building a tactic to perform well in a test or to use with Instant result I may build it differently. I am open to people testing the tactic in any way they see fit but the tactic was built to play the game with :)

SO Firstly I set up a tactic to be hard to beat, I don't want to concede. I achieved this, my first season with Milan and we kept 25 clean sheets and conceded 15 goals in the league.

387613375_25Cleansheets.thumb.jpg.656560d1770182f95341e124aeb9a8fb.jpg

1054928256_LeagueTable.thumb.jpg.694b2528db1461a51896c286d41d9a79.jpg

As you can see from the league table I only lost one game, at home to Parma of all teams. Early on in the season I was performing great defensively but  I picked up 9 draws in the first half, including six results at 0-0.  I needed to score more goals and finish teams off, I could nullify teams attacking threats but it was coming at the cost of my own attacking prowess.

I made some tweaks  around January and we became more potent in front of goal  while keeping our solid defence. The second half I conceded a few more goals but we drew fewer games and finished teams off more efficiently so the end justified the means.

The tactic looks like this 

455394038_TacticFormation.thumb.jpg.4480f36cc7f94845ffbbb66a6876e79a.jpg

Finally I believe a good indicator for a successful tactic is how it performs with the youngsters. The U20s and U18s both won their respective leagues. The U20s went undefeated. 

1206928498_U20sChampions.thumb.jpg.1e929c758901fc7d641c7dd4b1de76b3.jpg214761649_U18sChampions.thumb.jpg.b79717501c8d7e9020d013128bdc8096.jpg

I am going to start my second season with Milan and I believe now I have the tactic settled with no more tinkering required I will achieve even better results. 

Download the tactic, play the game, see how you get on :)

Stardust Beta Beater.fmf

Edited by Liam1236
Typo

2 hours ago, MrGreen555 said:

Did half a season with Man Utd to see how it'd go, I must say defensively it was good but going forward wasn't all that - a fair few 1-0/0-1's.

I have noticed that since I won the league with Milan, things are a little more difficult, I think it is to do with reputation mainly. The "direct" passing works well on the counter attack but perhaps could struggle when teams camp behind the ball. I'm thinking the "work ball into box" instruction may help. 

Nice one, been looking for a narrow diamond.  Can I ask what was the tactic like for the first half of the season when you were concealing less but not scoring yourself? I’m looking for a defensively solid tactic to grind out a 0-0 at very tough away games.

2 minutes ago, priority76 said:

Nice one, been looking for a narrow diamond.  Can I ask what was the tactic like for the first half of the season when you were concealing less but not scoring yourself? I’m looking for a defensively solid tactic to grind out a 0-0 at very tough away games.

Lots of 0-0 early on, I always try to create tactics that perform well away from home, the theory is that if the perform well away then they will perform well at home by default. The tactic is defensively sound 👍

7 hours ago, Silenceborn said:

@Liam1236mate any chance of successful perfoming with this tactic on the previous patch version - not beta?

Doubtful. Couldn't play a high line on the previous patch, I did produce another tactic called stardust that performs in the old patch, you should see it in the main tactic thread

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/01/2020 at 22:45, Danwolf said:

Glad to see something a little different with a narrow diamond! How does the AMC perform as I know that's usually a weaker point when used in tactics.

Only just seen this! - The AMC has ultimately been replaced with another striker on my latest tactic. 

To answer your question the AMC never set the world alight, but on that particular patch I needed a body in that area of the pitch, mainly just there to drag CBs out of position