Home grown status help

I've been searching for a while and have found no answers. I've never paid attention to home-growns before but this season I could not register some players because of home grown limits. So now I'm trying to be more mindful of it, but it confuses me. The online manual doesn't explain this at all. 

what in the world is the difference between trained in nation 0-21, nation 15-21, club 0-21, and club 15-21? Is one better than the other? Also, what happens if I loan a player out before he gets home grown status? And does it matter if the player is loaned foreign or domestic?

Many thanks

Screenshot 2020-01-27 22.26.45.png

Edited by jcp1417

If you loan out a young player, his time away from the club will not count towards "his trained at club" time, so you are best to loan them out once they are fully home grown.  If you loan them within your own country then their loan time will count toward the "trained in nation" time.

You need to have at least 4 trained at the club for European registration, so concentrate on that and once qualified for the club, they will also count towards the 8 who need to be trained in the nation.

11 hours ago, FrazT said:

If you loan out a young player, his time away from the club will not count towards "his trained at club" time, so you are best to loan them out once they are fully home grown.  If you loan them within your own country then their loan time will count toward the "trained in nation" time.

You need to have at least 4 trained at the club for European registration, so concentrate on that and once qualified for the club, they will also count towards the 8 who need to be trained in the nation.

so if i have a player that wants to go on loan to another country, how will i know if he can get home grown status when he gets back?

1 hour ago, jcp1417 said:

so if i have a player that wants to go on loan to another country, how will i know if he can get home grown status when he gets back?

On the squad screen you can select Home Grown Status (rather than General Info for example) and it shows the current and pending status for all the players and what date they will become HG for either country or club. You can also check an individual player by going to Overview -> Information and selecting the eligibility tab next to the nationalities one on the right hand side. This will show the nations and clubs they are trained in already. The 0-21 thing just means that they came through at that club whereas 15-21 means they were brought in from elsewhere but still did three years before their 21st birthday, I think this has only ever caused an issue / been relevant in the Belgian leagues.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for bringing up an old post.  Can you bring a player in near the end of their 18th birthday and still have them home grown for club in 3 years?  For example.  Their birthday is August 21st 2007 and that is when they will turn 18.  You bring the in on August 9th 2008 just before they turn 19.  Will they still get in 3 years at the club to count as home grown at club?

On 31/12/2022 at 16:03, Becanes said:

Sorry for bringing up an old post.  Can you bring a player in near the end of their 18th birthday and still have them home grown for club in 3 years?  For example.  Their birthday is August 21st 2007 and that is when they will turn 18.  You bring the in on August 9th 2008 just before they turn 19.  Will they still get in 3 years at the club to count as home grown at club?

If you do that it might be two years, if you round up 18 years and 36- something days to 19 years there is only 2 years before they turn 21 so it wouldn't be considered homegrown. 

On 31/12/2022 at 17:03, Becanes said:

Yes AFAIK :)