'Undervalued' players who perform amazingly in your Team

Starting this topic because I can't believe how Cuisance is performing in my bayern lineup. It is so ironic. I kinda wish he would perform worse so I could change something instead of playing him more now, 

but he is really one of the best players in my team. And FM just values him at 35M.  

The most stand out thing is, he is getting these ratings without scoring or assisting a lot overall!

EDIT: Also Cuisance has never once complained about playing time or anything really. He might be my favorite player in FM now lol

cuisance1.jpg
anonymous photo sharing  

cuisance2.jpg

cuisance3.jpg
image upload

Edited by 30topost
ADDING TEXT

Why would the estimated value of the player effect his ability on the field? If anything wouldn't it be the other way around?

If you really want the game to give him a higher valuation, just give him a new long contract with an insanely high salary. Or better yet sell him and buy him back for a crazy amount and combine that with a long contract and insane salary. His value will be sure to skyrocket and you'll hopefully be able to finally enjoy his performance on the field. 

Edited by Baodan

10 minutes ago, Baodan said:

Why would the estimated value of the player effect his ability on the field? If anything wouldn't it be the other way around?

If you really want the game to give him a higher valuation, just give him a new long contract with an insanely high salary. Or better yet sell him and buy him back for a crazy amount and combine that with a long contract and insane salary. His value will be sure to skyrocket and you'll hopefully be able to finally enjoy his performance on the field. 

Pure the salt ladies and gentleman...:D

10 minutes ago, Baodan said:

Player value is linked to contract more than anything else. A player on a short contract, or low wages, will always be worth less than someone on a long contract with high wages. It is a reflection of how much that player's contract is worth to buy out. Now clearly there is some influence of the player's ability in there, but I do not think it is the defining factor.

However I love players who look like they should be squad players, or backups, but who are absolutely critical for a team. I remember one version of FM (I forget which, it was a few years ago now) I signed Simone Verde for Everton on a transfer deadline day deal because I had lost my first team player to a last minute deal. I bought him cheap because he was on the transfer list, and I figured he would be a good stop-gap until the summer when I could work on a proper replacement for this position. He absolutely tore the league apart for me. He consistently had 20+ goals and 15+ assists every season. He just turned out to be perfectly suited to my team, and was very consistent in his performances. He quickly became one of the key players in my squad. Utterly unexpectedly. I still look at him fondly in FM to this day.

I also remember one year I signed an aging Christian Eriksen for Bayern as midfield cover. My midfield was weak when I took over and the budget was not there to fix it quickly (and I had bigger holes elsewhere to fix first). Eriksen was just incredible for me. He averaged a rating over 8 both seasons he was a starter for me. This really allowed me to rebuild the squad around him without the pressure of having to spend stupid money on a player in midfield. I could take my time. Since he was old and on a short contract I think his value was never over 2.5 million. To this day I have never had a midfielder play better than he did during that two season spell. It was sad when he declined to the point he was a backup and eventually retired.

And of course for each example like this, I have a bunch where a player was just crap when I expected him to be good.

1 hour ago, 30topost said:

Pure the salt ladies and gentleman...:D

Am I misunderstanding something here? Did you not make a post lamenting the fact that you have a well performing player but his value is too low for you to really enjoy him? Am I not giving you options to increase the players value and hopefully your enjoyment of him and the game?

I don't personally equate player value with performance, but I don't mind if you do, even if i don't understand why you would.