FMCU Joint Save

andychar

13 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

But this is all highly suggestive of shenanigans. We also know that the editor had not been used when the save was passed on by Jimbo, at the end of the 2026/27 campaign.

That's a rather spectacular post by @ManUtd1but I don't want anyone to think that he has instigated some sort of witch-hunt against anyone and there is actually more to it than the info contained in his post. 

• I managed the save the preceding season and this is my squad list at the end of the save. You can see that this supports the theory given by @ManUtd1about how important fitness is, (or at the very least how important I believed it to be). We played 41 games in my season. We weren't in Europe and I can't remember how we did in the Cups, but the only player that played all 41 games was the GK (18) Pandur (CRO). The player who made the next highest appearances was Sadiq (NGA) who made 25(4) appearances. This meant that I chose not to start him on 16 of 41 occasions and he only appeared from the bench 4 more times. The next player on the list is centre-half Joseph (NGA) who made 24 appearances. So in short, without having to play any European games, I managed to have a really good season, but I did so by rotating on a really regular basis. It's the only way to do it to my mind. I just couldn't have got the same results with a smaller squad. 

2732ab877f80610821f10c591a20b170.png

• The other thing I would say is that while the save that I passed on didn't have the Editor used the most recent save that was posted in here, (the one that @wynterplayed I think, (but dated 12th Dec 2030 anyway), absolutely proves that the Editor has been used. Of course it doesn't prove who it was used by, but it does prove 100% that is has been used. 

747c7fe6a47869d4494fdda7e2c69241.png

I don't think there is a lot more to say to be honest. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, andychar said:

Let me just say, this save was meant to be fun. Don't feel like you need to win. There are some managers on here who win everything. I've got a thread where it's taken me 12 season to win anything. The fun is the journey not the destination.

This is the big thing for me. 

THIS IS NOT ABOUT WINNING!

This is about having a laugh and a shared experience away from our own saves. It REALLY doesn't matter how well you do. You could even get sacked or relegated and absolutely nobody will care. In fact it will probably be a bit funny and you might get a ribbing, so it will probably be good for the save. 

Nobody is expecting anyone to perform the way that @Makoto Nakamuradoes. There is absolutely no expectation of anything other than you completing 1 season on the save and passing the file onto the next person on the list. (Actually I have an expectation of regular updates, but that's just me). 

Hey fellas, sorry I don't post much any more, but I was told this was going on, and to check it out. 

Real shame to see(especially losing Wynter's achievements with Medellin #neverforget) , but on the up side, it's nice to the the FMCU community spirit in flow and it looks like things will work out well for ya'll. 

Hi, I don't post around here too much, but I'm always seeing the topics and what else, and this one caught my attention because of the general ideal of a collective save, and now with all this drama, even more.

I would like to submit my name for the list.

21 minutes ago, henri.melo00 said:

Hi, I don't post around here too much, but I'm always seeing the topics and what else, and this one caught my attention because of the general ideal of a collective save, and now with all this drama, even more.

LinearAggravatingAiredale-size_restricte

"One of us! One of us!"

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

This is the big thing for me. 

THIS IS NOT ABOUT WINNING!

This is about having a laugh and a shared experience away from our own saves. It REALLY doesn't matter how well you do. You could even get sacked or relegated and absolutely nobody will care. In fact it will probably be a bit funny and you might get a ribbing, so it will probably be good for the save. 

Nobody is expecting anyone to perform the way that @Makoto Nakamuradoes. There is absolutely no expectation of anything other than you completing 1 season on the save and passing the file onto the next person on the list. (Actually I have an expectation of regular updates, but that's just me). 

Completely agree.

Personally I've got sacked not once, but TWICE in my African save that's posted on here, and I got relegated in the French Fraud thread that many of us was part of. 

Having those moments not only makes the successes that much more enjoyable, the crash and burn moments are the stuff you laugh the most at. I've shared both GIFs of extremely well played tactical execution from my teams, and the complete meltdown ones. I know which I prefer. 

Threads on here shouldn't be to boast in my opinion. It should be to have some ****ing fun. 

And for what it's worth I don't mind if people edit stuff, or whatever in their own threads -- just be open about it from the get go and then the readers can choose if they think the premise is interesting or not. 

Edited by Benjoe

1 hour ago, henri.melo00 said:

Same here .

Sad to see, though glad the work done in Australia still stands. 
can only agree that it’s about fun, not about results.

its about coming together not competing against one another.

looking forward to takin my turn when it comes round again. Work permitting of course.

1. Wynter
  2. Andychar
  3. Rikulec
  4. Ronaldo Beckham
  5. Noikeee
  6. Minuy600
  7. Mandy42 
  8. Jimbokav1971
  9. Makoto Nakamura <-------------------------- We Are Here
  10. Smp20 
  11. Manutd1
  12. Benjoe
  13. Deisler26
  14. henri.melo00
  15. PT-KK

I've added two more to the list. Good to have you on board! :)

Obviously i'm the mastermind behind this, I enabled Croatia in the first place. :rolleyes:

I was actually losing track of this career so i'm somewhat glad I get a second chance to get up. But it happened in thee worst possible way so I ain't gonna celebrate or anything.

2027 Summer Transfer Window

2ea5f6316ce9c3a5aebea2f7e5b27779.png

9f0692f21e944a7a9404906055edcbfb.png

202ca4c0b3f27b5865d2a9976187eaa9.png

f5b17663de34a179202ea5290c21bed7.png

9f57dabe6619f16e8a1d75f7c748ef63.png

We've not had a good start but we've exceeded expectations in the CL already (sorta). :lol:

d507f56bc67e479a0a256403e14953d9.png

Dream draw would've been Cagliari, Lyon & Shakhtar for sure.

a2977b49ffd28c54a3bc6ed83391fe62.png

The DoF made almost all of the signings, I managed to bring in Dinko a season earlier and I brought in Sebastian on a free.

bba944b22ece276563b3be471034b0f8.png

f931bb711f1b9820fe7cea5b2709c5fc.png

726e5f3054ac3fe0ac9412817191974e.png

aea0f0a2b015727d60e8a8fa67676df6.png

ec52d7f5ebd6e69c709ab6b9460070f7.png

f9626140ea1fd7f9e1ae6b8eb97975d7.png

f6648ddad9bb5b60f7f4ba05d8245a2c.png

080601c2deaade6b3d6143f30a514870.png

ccea5fe671526e0a8fd71671a101c6e3.png

2027/28 End of Season Review

b28c0a073eba86ac995d3ce9ced864e5.png

4f75b446a9be0f85cc307ddeb05b7f17.png

A much better 2nd half of the season and we manage to retain the title and the cup, Champions League football to look forward to again next season! @smp20 It's over to you!

328e8c92600e645d2c8b437d1dcc19ee.pnge1cf3717431fee90bdf5c36deb2a5f27.png

ac93d94d7bd9d3e3e8656d8cfb1caa1c.png

8c1945a5c1c9232353e465dc62d0a656.png

2027/28 Best XI

37139b26562a1b31753ed879c08cc9ba.png

(18) Pandur (CRO)

Mostafa (EGY) - Joseph (NGA) - Sebastián Cáceres - Lovro Peric (CRO) *

*** Zvonimir Dobric (CRO) - (26) Zezelj (CRO) *

Elia Petrelli (ITA)                                                          Jesús Vargas (VEN)

Dinko Mohac (MVP) - Popovic (BIH) *

2 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Well here's a definite contrast, bottom of our Champions League group and way down in 4th in the league! :( Sorry folks, it isn't looking good!

I think this is to be expected though. 

The 1st Team is plenty good enough for domestic games, but when they play in Europe they aren't good enough for Europe and then the Reserves are struggling in the bigger domestic games. I think this is to be expected and maybe the way to go would be to prioritise domestic games and play the Reserves in Europe? 

18c043be55c7fb8ce7b7bdfae0c03dad.png

8b682c3ac329428b576837acb86272e9.png

787f531980cb2815596518754ec2f9c2.png

cea5b701b7b579b4e0f4c87c27d02502.png

5c866beb4a5cd5b0f19a26f5100ae662.png

Blas Di Bello and Mario Ricca come in to bolster our attacking options and also ones for the future. Johan Garcia I'd seen earlier on in the thread so was a no brainer, while Djuranovic was an already agreed transfer.

4 hours ago, smp20 said:

Right I'm into it. Nice base to work on, apologies I may have to lose the nicknames!

The nicknames were me. Apologies. I can;t play without them.  As far as I;m concerned the nicknames can be binned as soon as my shift is over. Good luck. :thup:

9 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

The nicknames were me. Apologies. I can;t play without them.  As far as I;m concerned the nicknames can be binned as soon as my shift is over. Good luck. :thup:

I thought they were, we all play in different ways!

Cheers, I'm guessing the bare minimum expectation is to win the league to secure CL for the next and develop the squad so that the cohort is getting stronger 💪

Champions League

41b2649b75f6c83d1f022e70cc14dacd.png

aeb0eafd291cb9b6bc19ae1883138ff5.png

A comfortable route to the group stages, but it will be a tough ask to not finish bottom of that group!

Croatian League

ed9b77fc7607fbce9b88a1181c9a56f6.png

A poor start, but we've now found our flow (helped by player back from Olympics).

Transfers

395b8d19e87ac5a56b48fa08abf08b13.png

Our significant outgoings were 3 non-EU players. We had to get rid of some considering we can only have 5 in the starting 11.

4c798719935a08d3cad274ab6a251ab6.png

Vuskovic signed for £1m and adds to our Croatian contingent. He replaces the outgoing Franklin Joseph.

Tactics

0cef026fb2c8dfb10457ff8a54a9d0a3.png

We're going all out attacking, expressive. Keegan style, but with a bigger focus on the defensive pressing side as well. Same shape and mentality to that used by @Makoto Nakamura last season.

0a8411c2b1b09b860a6a48f033dc6c83.png

September-December 2028 Update

Results

582055b0dc57103ed37e4bf9765698c9.png

We went on a terrific winning streak in the league right up until Osijek away, who seem to be our nemesis. With the exception of the Dortmund away fixture we've been competitive in the CL, picking up away wins at Benfica and Napoli too. Was it enough to progress??? Embarrassingly we crashed out of the cup to a 2nd tier side who I underestimated, resting the whole first team.

Tables

b4f007cbd50ec6c00e0e4b90af0e81ab.png

Losses away to Osijek twice and Dinamo with a depleted squad are our only losses in what has been a convincing league campaign so far. 15 games left to keep it up for.

a025071d90f8e4ac2c61bf56b8619fc6.png

Unsurprisingly a 2-1-3 record wasn't enough to progress, though we get a stab at the Europa League.

Player Stats

1d71737962af8cfb68a29c67aa1a6525.png

Vardic and Popovic have been the star men, though it's been a good collection of performances overall. I still feel we need to add a right back and another striker...always another striker.

0aadc3d49ce0d64056af48cd27c9702f.png

And we've been given a tidy sum to strengthen!

88f28a6492fbb5fc0ca9de71457eab30.png

I think I'm going to have to accept this...

28 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Definitely a good draw, that.  I am really glad to see that you progressed into the Europa League, too. 

I have to say, I'm getting fired up for my run at this.

Cheers I hope I manage to get a good run in it. Really enjoying this so far!

b3021e14e1ce62c73f9a1af25acd8878.png

I accepted the offer on Zezelj and replaced him with Luis Antonio, who will be the standout player in the league. Londono is the complete forward we've been looking for! A few more foreigners found their way out the door - Caceres and the Egyptian RB.

fc3c2e1f23a24598b6023641c2e73011.png

183c1bd9d38a538e4780d36efa1d0b57.png

2 hours ago, smp20 said:

I accepted the offer on Zezelj and replaced him with Luis Antonio, who will be the standout player in the league. Londono is the complete forward we've been looking for! A few more foreigners found their way out the door - Caceres and the Egyptian RB.

I wouldn't have done this, but I completely understand why you have. I put FAR more of a priority on a home produced player and will often pick an Academy product over a player that I actually think it better. It would have taken silly-money for me to part with Zezelj now that we are starting to wheel and deal a bit. I actually even preferred Croatian players of non-Croats in my season, but in hindsight, the fact that we are Australian probably fits with your style in the transfer market. Either way £41.5M is nice and 50% even nicer. :cool:

Londono is good, but Antonio is excellent. :applause:

I bought "Egyptian RB" but I can't remember if he was just making up the numbers of if I thought he was special. The fact that I can't remember suggests that he was found by the DoF. 

Surprised that Michelotti is still at the club. 

Really interesting to see how Petrelli is performing. Is he playing up front or on the right and what role? 

It appears as if our weakest areas are the back line, but that could be just the attacking style. There were some decent centre-backs coming through if I remember rightly. I've just had a look back and Dino Cesar, Ivan Salinovic & Tin Kuzminski all seemed to have something about them when I was in charge. Have they moved on or are they still at the club?

How are Fopossi (CMR) and whoever the other one was that went to PSG doing? I think we have a 50% clause on both. 

There were 3 "lefty" youngsters that I liked. Petrovic, Simunec & Romic. Simunec is still there but the other 2 look to have been ousted by Di Bello. Have they been sold or loaned out?

Its REALLY interesting that Busnja performs as he does, (albeit not regularly). I bought him cheaply I think just because I was really struggling on the right and because he was a profuct of our Academy. Not that good but absolutely maxed out his attribute balance. 

Very good season so far. 3rd in the Group stage is probably best all round to be honest. :thup:

14 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Ah, the South American wonderkids. :D

Yes not normally something I do, but I felt like raiding this time.

13 hours ago, Mandy42 said:

"The Egyptian RB" these regen names get worse.

Very respectable performance in the champions league group.

:lol: Real name 'Sameh Mostafa'. Cheers, hopefully can keep in up in Europa!

11 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I wouldn't have done this, but I completely understand why you have. I put FAR more of a priority on a home produced player and will often pick an Academy product over a player that I actually think it better. It would have taken silly-money for me to part with Zezelj now that we are starting to wheel and deal a bit. I actually even preferred Croatian players of non-Croats in my season, but in hindsight, the fact that we are Australian probably fits with your style in the transfer market. Either way £41.5M is nice and 50% even nicer. :cool:

Londono is good, but Antonio is excellent. :applause:

I bought "Egyptian RB" but I can't remember if he was just making up the numbers of if I thought he was special. The fact that I can't remember suggests that he was found by the DoF. 

Surprised that Michelotti is still at the club. 

Really interesting to see how Petrelli is performing. Is he playing up front or on the right and what role? 

It appears as if our weakest areas are the back line, but that could be just the attacking style. There were some decent centre-backs coming through if I remember rightly. I've just had a look back and Dino Cesar, Ivan Salinovic & Tin Kuzminski all seemed to have something about them when I was in charge. Have they moved on or are they still at the club?

How are Fopossi (CMR) and whoever the other one was that went to PSG doing? I think we have a 50% clause on both. 

There were 3 "lefty" youngsters that I liked. Petrovic, Simunec & Romic. Simunec is still there but the other 2 look to have been ousted by Di Bello. Have they been sold or loaned out?

Its REALLY interesting that Busnja performs as he does, (albeit not regularly). I bought him cheaply I think just because I was really struggling on the right and because he was a profuct of our Academy. Not that good but absolutely maxed out his attribute balance. 

Very good season so far. 3rd in the Group stage is probably best all round to be honest. :thup:

As you'll probably know from my saves I'm usually home grown or at least youth orientated, decided to go down a different route in this save. It did hurt to let our best club-grown prospect go though - at least Antonio is a very good replacement/upgrade!

Sameh Mostafa was decent, but not good enough to warrant one of the five 'non EU' spaces. He went to Henan Jiaye for £2.2m, as did Caceres. Michelotti is an adequate backup player, as is Petrelli but he's played a lot more than expected. Usually up top as an Advanced Forward, occasionally wide right as an inside forward.

Dino Cesar was sold to Burnley last season for £3.6m, while Kuzminski was also sold but to Dinamo for £750k. I've since re-signed Dino Cesar on loan as defensive cover. I like the look of Salinovic - he had a 3month+ injury early on and is currently out on loan in Australia.

Fopossi has rotted in PSG reserves, although currently out on loan at Antwerp, doesn't look like he's developed much. Milic is the other, looks half decent and has made a few first team apps for PSG. Could be worth a loan back as an AMC/MR but I'm using neither at the moment.

Petrovic was sold last season to Napoli for £775k and has since moved to PSG for £4m. Simunec is looking like a decent prospect but as you say has been ousted by Di Bello. Romic was sold to Osijek and has only played a handful of games in their B team!

I have to say I like Busnja, perfect backup player for either wing.

Cheers I hope I can keep pushing on :)